what is your secret simple formula for losing the weight you lost?

Replies

• clarkstant
    clarkstant Posts: 3 Member
    Rewarding myself on how many days in a row I track in mfp instead of weight lost. It takes some of the emotion of the ups and downs out and if I track well I always lose weight. Also hoping it helps keep going once I get to my goal weight. 2nd secret is keeping it simple and easym For me ita MFP and I have a FitBit and I make sure I hit 10k steps everyday. Im going to add some strength in soon, but I want to keep that to fast 30 min workouts. Im learning that consistency trumps intensity, and it makes iy seem easy and sustainable long term. Down 26, 40 more to go. Just a matter of logging in and a few extra steps everyday.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Accurate counting. And it helped that kids gave me Noro Virus so I didn't feel like eating. I don't recommend it as a plan.

Haha. Kids and their sharing. :D
  • Reevoslady
    Reevoslady Posts: 26 Member
    CI<CO

Calories in (eaten) less than calories out (used).

The formula is that simple.

And it's no secret. Everybody knows it. But everybody doesn't believe in it. The good thing is that it works, no matter if you believe in it or not!

Yup, that.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    My journey's done but up till now preparing meals in advance (I love crock pot meals esp. soups yum :p), pre-logging meals or days sometimes, and pre-planning for splurges in advance.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    I am twenty pounds lighter and now maintain a healthy weight. I joined MFP and tracked my calories. Basically ate less and moved more. I eat everything in moderation.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    It's not secret but it is simple. Account for everything you eat, weigh and measure and log it all and make sure you are in a calorie deficit of between 250 and 500 cals a day. Keep doing it until you reach your target weight. There are lots of ways to improve the formula, exercise, additional nutritional things but ultimately it is as simple as consuming less calories than YOUR body needs to keep going on a daily basis consistently over an extended period of time. No magic, no pills, no special foods...
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    eat less, move more!
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Accountability. Logging what I eat, even when I get off track, has made a big difference for me mentally. My body is getting the calories whether I log it or not, so I might as well know how badly I've fallen off the wagon so that I can climb back on.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Find fun things to stay active instead of being stuck in the gym!
  • lauramb87
    lauramb87 Posts: 5 Member
    Eat the 1990's version of the USDA food pyramid. That's my simple secret. 2-3 servings of dairy, 2-3 servings of meat/protein, 3-5 veggies, 2-3 fruits, 6-11 grains. Sweets sparingly.
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    natboosh69 wrote: »
    CICO! :)

Add exercise and not eating all the calories back.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Pre-planning meals and snacks. Finding exercise you like. Not using food as a reward or a mood elevator. That's what shopping is for. ;)
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    NID2410 wrote: »
    Walking. I had been doing body weight exercise too but due to sciatica pain I had to stop. My doctor advised me to just stick to walking for now. That and portion control has been helping me.

Yep - this! Including the sciatica + arthritis in both hips. Walking and gardening do-able, anything higher impact is a no no!
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Consistency is the key!! Eat less and move more.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Learning to be nice enough to myself to realize I deserve it. It was pretty easy to make the right choices after that.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Weighing all of my solids (when possible. I don't weigh stuff while eating at a restaurant, but becoming familiar with weighing food has helped me estimate portions when I'm not near my trusted food scale)

Eating the yummiest foods that fit my macros, micros, and calories. I'm not here for just weight loss; I'm here for fat loss because the scale isn't the only factor for my success. I maximize fat loss and minimize muscle loss with IIFYM and heavy lifting.
  • jskyjse
    jskyjse Posts: 28 Member
    A reality check with a food scale. BAM...then the CICO worked.
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    edited May 2015
    Eat clean, don't stop.
  • GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Eat in moderation and exercise...
  • GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    conradaz1 wrote: »
    Eat clean and train mean! Simple!!

Can I change my answer to this one?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!