what is the healthier choice besides soda for caffeine

Options

Replies

• Coachconni
    Coachconni Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    To go brands green tea packets. 90 mg ecgc and 50 mg caffeine. Drink hot or cold. it comes in packets. I use
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    seckard16 wrote: »
    Clarification. If you are SOLELY basing it on caloric benefits, yes. Diet is a better choice. HOWEVER, Research has shown artificial sweeteners affect blood glucose levels and with long term consumption, your body starts to treat it like actual glucose. Thus, losing the benefits of having no calories by increasing your blood sugar.

Did OP write he was worried about his blood sugar?

He asked what was HEALTHIER. Leaving it open to interpretation. He didn't ask for a debate between diet and regular. Or what had fewer calories. He didn't specify a goal or reason behind wanting alternatives. People on these threads with their attacks and arguing is ridiculous.

I honestly think your the one who started to get a little rude and almost defensive in your comments. You may try proof reading what your saying before you hit post because ur coming off as being a bit rude. The way you say things are like your right and everyone else is an idiot and is completely wrong. So honestly if you can't give a positive & non-judgmental opinion why even comment? Or do you just need to prove your right? Or are you one of those people who literally never think their wrong about anything? Geeze. Agree to disagree. I bet there are a billion different opinions on the Internet about any and everything so your little research that you did was the opinion etc. Of one person.....maybe even a few more. Just because it's on the Internet doesn't make it true. I mean you can even go to several doctors and ask them all the exact same question and on a subject like this your probably not going to get the same educated opinion. So who's opinion do you go with? Whoever you trust the most and then you make a decision to do what's best for you and your own life. So just saying instead of throwing useless opinions out there to make a point or prove your right maybe try posting about a personal experience. After all that's usually how we grow as people from learning from other people's experiences that hit home with what were going through not from quoting opinions from the Internet. Sorry so long but i got this app for motivation etc. so getting on here and seeing people making rude, defensive & judgmental comments just really annoys me. So everyone, especially you^^^^^^^, if you have a bad attitude and you aren't capable of saying something nice encouraging then seriously don't comment. This is not the place. Go download a debate app if that is what your wanting to do. There are many people here trying to not only benefit from other people but also trying to help & motivate others. & again your telling everyone what not to do when really this conversation wouldn't even be happening if you didn't come in here with your bad attitude. Hey have you ever tried admitting that your in the wrong? I promise you will live and I promise more people will have respect for you if you admit being rude rather than continuing with your think you know it all comments. Gah people with bad attitudes GET OUT :) Just saying

Need to cut and paste this into almost every discussion on these forums. Sadly, no one will listen.
  • jcook0716
    jcook0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Some people might hate on this answer because i'm sure its full of fake sugar but Crystal Light has a few caffiene added flavors and i love the peach mango one. Its fruity and tangy and gives you a little boost with zero calories.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Diet pepsi caffeine free is amazing. Also Mio with carbonated diet water is awesome too!!

They were asking for drinks that had caffeine in them.
    Diet soda has artificial sugars in it that are just as bad as the regular soda. I use caffeine water or SPARK.

I have no idea what this means. The reason I usually avoid regular soda is because I don't think it is worth the calories. But diet soda has no calories. Why is this "just as bad"?

Because most have aspartame which could cause cancers. There's some other hippy mumbo jumbo also, but can't remember

This has never been proven in humans.
    I need some options

Maybe the big question is why do you think you need caffeine?

Some of us have jobs where bring tired is not an option.

I'm age, 59 up between 4:00 and 4:30 AM 5 days a week, go to bed at !0:00 PM, no naps, demanding corporate job 9-11 hrs a day), 90 minutes of commute time, work out 1.5-2 hours a day. Sleep 7.5 hours or so a night weekends, again no naps. My caffeine intake is maybe 1 diet Pepsi a month.

What are you up to?

Not making this a contest on who is up longer.

My point for the OP was why does he want caffeine. If he likes a buzz, fine, if he finds he is tired all the time, he may want to find and work in the root cause (may be a health issue) before just loading up on caffeine.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Diet pepsi caffeine free is amazing. Also Mio with carbonated diet water is awesome too!!

Diet soda has artificial sugars in it that are just as bad as the regular soda. I use caffeine water or SPARK.

I have no idea what this means. The reason I usually avoid regular soda is because I don't think it is worth the calories. But diet soda has no calories. Why is this "just as bad"?

Because most have aspartame which could cause cancers. There's some other hippy mumbo jumbo also, but can't remember

I need some options

I'm age, 59 up between 4:00 and 4:30 AM 5 days a week, go to bed at !0:00 PM, no naps, demanding corporate job 9-11 hrs a day), 90 minutes of commute time, work out 1.5-2 hours a day. Sleep 7.5 hours or so a night weekends, again no naps. My caffeine intake is maybe 1 diet Pepsi a month.

What are you up to?

My point for the OP was why does he want caffeine. If he likes a buzz, fine, if he finds he is tired all the time, he may want to find and work in the root cause (may be a health issue) before just loading up on caffeine.

Or it could just be be doesn't have time to sleep. Fatigue can have numerous causes, but the biggest being not enough sleep. Believe me- sat through Wednesday I am exhausted 90% of the time. Between working 12-16 hour shifts with almost no time in between, by Thursday am I am a zombie. I sleep for nearly 20 hours every Thursday. Caffeine is a staple for me.

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

I need some options

What are you up to?

Or it could just be be doesn't have time to sleep. Fatigue can have numerous causes, but the biggest being not enough sleep. Believe me- sat through Wednesday I am exhausted 90% of the time. Between working 12-16 hour shifts with almost no time in between, by Thursday am I am a zombie. I sleep for nearly 20 hours every Thursday. Caffeine is a staple for me.

And that is your situation. Would be nice to hear the OP's thoughts.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Ever hear the saying if you hear hoof beats think horse not zebra?
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    jcook0716 wrote: »
    Some people might hate on this answer because i'm sure its full of fake sugar but Crystal Light has a few caffiene added flavors and i love the peach mango one. Its fruity and tangy and gives you a little boost with zero calories.

I like those too. I'm starting to cut back on soda, not because it's "evil" but because I am tired of spending money on it. But I need caffeine and I have never been a big coffee drinker so the Crystal Light has been great.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    There's so many old wives tales and General BS in this thread, it's ridiculous. The best thing to do is do your own research, and research ACCURATE sources, not fear mongering sites. There is nothing wrong with having an occasional soda, even regular soda. If it is something you want to quit drinking because of empty calories (which is my reason because most sodas are around 150 calories and I'd rather have food) then find something lower calorie that you can substitute it for when you have a craving for it like diet soda. Don't believe all this artificial sweetener bs propaganda. Unless you are a person who drinks A LOT of diet soda, it isn't going to hurt you, and it isn't going to cause cancer.

Good lord...
  • forgtmenot
    Options

I drink crystal light and I've never had an issue with it. It tastes good and it encourages me to drink water. I'm all for crystal light
  • try4better128
    try4better128 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Coffee... for caffeine.
  • rioricorick
    rioricorick Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I like Sheets Energy Strips - they have B Vitamins, 0 calories, NO sugar, and 100mg of caffeine!! Pretty good! B)
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    2 morning cups of filter coffee; 3 cups of tea during the day; the rest water & protein shakes; no soda in any shape of form
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options

rmn1zrevyf0f.jpg

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

Mio has a couple of caffeine flavors too- I think black cherry and green apple. I'll keep an eye out for the crystal light ones. Maybe they are a little cheaper. :)
  • forgtmenot
    Options

FYI spark also has artificial sweeteners in it. Lol...
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Whiskey it will help you forget your on a diet lol
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Why would you think soda is unhealthy?

I drink Diet soda, coffee and the very occasional sugar-free Monster.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    forgtmenot wrote: »

FYI spark also has artificial sweeteners in it. Lol...

Thought that as well. Those artificial sugars in diet soda are way worse than the artificial sweeteners in Spark cause that makes complete sense.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

I need some options

What are you up to?

Also, My Dad just recently told me that he found after 50, he could get by on less sleep without feeling tired. I'm not sure if that's accurate for everyone, or even how old OP is, but I know I need at least 8-9 hours (which I rarely get) or I'm exhausted. In my 20-30's I needed more. That may be why the 59 y/o can get by on 7.5? That's one thing I hope happens to me after 50.