Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    seckard16 wrote: »
    maidentl wrote: »
    Clarification. If you are SOLELY basing it on caloric benefits, yes. Diet is a better choice. HOWEVER, Research has shown artificial sweeteners affect blood glucose levels and with long term consumption, your body starts to treat it like actual glucose. Thus, losing the benefits of having no calories by increasing your blood sugar.

Did OP write he was worried about his blood sugar?

He asked what was HEALTHIER. Leaving it open to interpretation. He didn't ask for a debate between diet and regular. Or what had fewer calories. He didn't specify a goal or reason behind wanting alternatives. People on these threads with their attacks and arguing is ridiculous.

No, what's ridiculous is people on these threads who get disagreed with and cry "attack."

You can disagree with me all day long. I don't care. My point is, everyone has there opinion. The OP wanted opinions. I highly doubt he wants to see you picking apart everyone's responses. And instead of sitting on here doing that, offer up your suggestions. It's not the place to be debating. Leave your response to the original post and move on with your day.

Everyone can have their opinion. But everyone can't have their own FACTS.

You made statements about diet soda that appeared to be based on facts. It's okay for people to inquire about the basis of your statement.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Tum22 wrote: »
    I need some options

Green tea. Helps one burn 50 calories extra a day. Tastes nasty if you brew it too long though.

Haha no.

No, it does taste nasty when you brew it too long!

Oh wait, are you talking about the magical calorie burning properties of green tea? Oh yeah, that sounds bogus.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    I need some options

Green tea. Helps one burn 50 calories extra a day. Tastes nasty if you brew it too long though.

Haha no.

Oh wait, are you talking about the magical calorie burning properties of green tea? Oh yeah, that sounds bogus.

4 minutes is a golden steep time for me
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I need some options

Haha no.

Haha yes I agree is tastes bitter if brewed too long (but most tea does-at least for me-if brewed too long).

I meant the magical calorie burning nonsense.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    If knowledge progressed by opinion alone, pundits would be running our hospitals. Luckily, we don't. Usually. Opinions based on faulty information can be challenged. That is, if we want to make knowledge-based decisions and actually move society forward.

For instance, if bloodletting were still favoured as a medical treatment, because a few "opinions" prevailed, where would we be?

Chasing artificial sweeteners down a rabbit hole just wastes energy and time that could be better used to promote health.
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I just cut down on my black coffee in take and switched to green tea.
  • justinb2010
    justinb2010 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Diet pepsi caffeine free is amazing. Also Mio with carbonated diet water is awesome too!!
  • justinb2010
    justinb2010 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Diet soda has artificial sugars in it that are just as bad as the regular soda. I use caffeine water or SPARK.

I have no idea what this means. The reason I usually avoid regular soda is because I don't think it is worth the calories. But diet soda has no calories. Why is this "just as bad"?

Because most have aspartame which could cause cancers. There's some other hippy mumbo jumbo also, but can't remember
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    Clarification. If you are SOLELY basing it on caloric benefits, yes. Diet is a better choice. HOWEVER, Research has shown artificial sweeteners affect blood glucose levels and with long term consumption, your body starts to treat it like actual glucose. Thus, losing the benefits of having no calories by increasing your blood sugar.

He asked what was HEALTHIER. Leaving it open to interpretation. He didn't ask for a debate between diet and regular. Or what had fewer calories. He didn't specify a goal or reason behind wanting alternatives. People on these threads with their attacks and arguing is ridiculous.

No, what's ridiculous is people on these threads who get disagreed with and cry "attack."

You can disagree with me all day long. I don't care. My point is, everyone has there opinion. The OP wanted opinions. I highly doubt he wants to see you picking apart everyone's responses. And instead of sitting on here doing that, offer up your suggestions. It's not the place to be debating. Leave your response to the original post and move on with your day.

I did give the OP an answer. Then you are the one who flew in crying about attacks. Clearly, you are not OK with someone disagreeing with you as evidenced by this response. People here try to correct misinformation. If you don't like that, you won't like it here.
  • Kasmira0004
    Kasmira0004 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Organic Breakfast Black Tea from Mighty Leaf Tea company. Best. Tea. Ever., and it's muy caffeinated.

• likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I love iced coffee. I made some filtercoffee when I step in the office, put it in the fridge and then add ice once it's cold. YUMMM
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I need some options

Maybe the big question is why do you think you need caffeine?
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Diet pepsi caffeine free is amazing. Also Mio with carbonated diet water is awesome too!!

They were asking for drinks that had caffeine in them.
    Diet soda has artificial sugars in it that are just as bad as the regular soda. I use caffeine water or SPARK.

I have no idea what this means. The reason I usually avoid regular soda is because I don't think it is worth the calories. But diet soda has no calories. Why is this "just as bad"?

Because most have aspartame which could cause cancers. There's some other hippy mumbo jumbo also, but can't remember

This has never been proven in humans.
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    I need some options

Some of us have jobs where bring tired is not an option.
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Edit: I was going to get involved in the "debate" about diet soda but realised it is a waste of time. So I will just say, I <3 aspartame.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    For caffeine, black coffee or tea. For the soda substitute, I like seltzer water.
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    If your looking for fizzy, there are low cal fizzy drinks u can add to water. Or sprinter water/club soda and sweeten it.

Or I like raspberry lemonade natural calm, but not caffeinated. :neutral:

But I love my coffee. Mine comes to 40cals or less :smile:
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    sucampbeN wrote: »
    Edit: I was going to get involved in the "debate" about diet soda but realised it is a waste of time. So I will just say, I <3 aspartame.

Yay aspartame
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

They were asking for drinks that had caffeine in them.

This has never been proven in humans.
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    I need some options

Some of us have jobs where bring tired is not an option.

I'm age, 59 up between 4:00 and 4:30 AM 5 days a week, go to bed at !0:00 PM, no naps, demanding corporate job 9-11 hrs a day), 90 minutes of commute time, work out 1.5-2 hours a day. Sleep 7.5 hours or so a night weekends, again no naps. My caffeine intake is maybe 1 diet Pepsi a month.

What are you up to?
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hey, OP: there's nothing wrong with soda or coffee. If you can fit the regular things you drink into your day, enjoy them! There are no long term, peer reviewed, notable and credible studies that have found either to be directly hazardous to your health if consumed in moderation.

However, if you're worried about the calories (and please don't get hung up about the sugar in regular sodas; sugar is not bad for you and will not make you gain weight unless you are eating/drinking too many calories, and the only true reason to track it is if you are diabetic), I suggest a zero calorie alternative. Vanilla Coke Zero is my favorite! Don't let people fear monger you into believing zero calorie drinks are bad for you. There is also no reputable research to prove that aspartame or any other sweeteners have a negative impact on humans.

Bottom line: drink what you enjoy and what makes it easiest for you to stay on track, and don't listen to anyone who tries to throw bad research at you.
  • babygirl12690
    babygirl12690 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I honestly think your the one who started to get a little rude and almost defensive in your comments. You may try proof reading what your saying before you hit post because ur coming off as being a bit rude. The way you say things are like your right and everyone else is an idiot and is completely wrong. So honestly if you can't give a positive & non-judgmental opinion why even comment? Or do you just need to prove your right? Or are you one of those people who literally never think their wrong about anything? Geeze. Agree to disagree. I bet there are a billion different opinions on the Internet about any and everything so your little research that you did was the opinion etc. Of one person.....maybe even a few more. Just because it's on the Internet doesn't make it true. I mean you can even go to several doctors and ask them all the exact same question and on a subject like this your probably not going to get the same educated opinion. So who's opinion do you go with? Whoever you trust the most and then you make a decision to do what's best for you and your own life. So just saying instead of throwing useless opinions out there to make a point or prove your right maybe try posting about a personal experience. After all that's usually how we grow as people from learning from other people's experiences that hit home with what were going through not from quoting opinions from the Internet. Sorry so long but i got this app for motivation etc. so getting on here and seeing people making rude, defensive & judgmental comments just really annoys me. So everyone, especially you^^^^^^^, if you have a bad attitude and you aren't capable of saying something nice encouraging then seriously don't comment. This is not the place. Go download a debate app if that is what your wanting to do. There are many people here trying to not only benefit from other people but also trying to help & motivate others. & again your telling everyone what not to do when really this conversation wouldn't even be happening if you didn't come in here with your bad attitude. Hey have you ever tried admitting that your in the wrong? I promise you will live and I promise more people will have respect for you if you admit being rude rather than continuing with your think you know it all comments. Gah people with bad attitudes GET OUT :) Just saying