Replies

• mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    yuck now im rethinking running outside
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    DesertGunR has the right spirit. Largest, grossest, wins. By popular vote.

Contest not available in Quebec. Must be 18 years or older. Stunt professionals at work, do not attempt these activities yourself. You did not inhale, right?
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    While I didn't swallow it... one time I was out riding and smashed into a cicada at 25mph. It hit me right in the sunglasses and splattered just like a bug on a windshield might. I had to pull over and spend a few minutes cleaning off the sticky bug guts off my glasses. Glad I was wearing them or I might have lost the eye!
  • DesertGunR
    DesertGunR Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    While I didn't swallow it... one time I was out riding and smashed into a cicada at 25mph. It hit me right in the sunglasses and splattered just like a bug on a windshield might. I had to pull over and spend a few minutes cleaning off the sticky bug guts off my glasses. Glad I was wearing them or I might have lost the eye!

While not a cicada impact. I made the mistake many, many years ago of riding while in Florida during love bug season, once. One of the shortest rides and longest showers in history. Got about 1 mile out and met a bunch just like a gnat swarm. Didn't swallow or inhale any, fortunately. Got a couple welts out of it. Decided to walk back.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    DesertGunR wrote: »
    mwyvr wrote: »
    It's clear this thread is going to continue on a looong time. It will only get grosser from here.

Contest: Largest bug swallowed, starts today. File your entries, the winner gets eternal glory.

When's does the contest end?

When someone swallows a bat accidentally on a run or ride, I'm guessing. LMAO!!!

OK, who here runs by the Bracken Bat Cave outside San Antonio? It's an easy win ...
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I stupidly run by the river every morning and every morning I am cursing myself because BUGS. I haven't swallowed any (yet) but getting them in your nose and eyeballs is enough for me, we also have the geese and ducks to contend with (who love to sit right in the middle of the trail....)

The geese by the river where I run are very territorial. They do not hesitate to snap. *kitten*...

Thankfully these Geese aren't at that point, the nests are closer to the river's edge but they sure do hiss at you. Buggers.
    I lamented about this the other day and didn't get an answer: I need someone to explain why there are called Canada Geese. Canadians are known for being friendly and polite. Geese are just a-holes and don't represent us Canucks AT ALL. Am confused.

They are horrible! Whoever named them either was biased against Canadians or clearly didn't know the god awful creature's nature! Lol

• DesertGunR
    Options
    I stupidly run by the river every morning and every morning I am cursing myself because BUGS. I haven't swallowed any (yet) but getting them in your nose and eyeballs is enough for me, we also have the geese and ducks to contend with (who love to sit right in the middle of the trail....)

The geese by the river where I run are very territorial. They do not hesitate to snap. *kitten*...

Thankfully these Geese aren't at that point, the nests are closer to the river's edge but they sure do hiss at you. Buggers.
    I lamented about this the other day and didn't get an answer: I need someone to explain why there are called Canada Geese. Canadians are known for being friendly and polite. Geese are just a-holes and don't represent us Canucks AT ALL. Am confused.

They are horrible! Whoever named them either was biased against Canadians or clearly didn't know the god awful creature's nature! Lol

Maybe the first ones were hunted in Canada, were considered tasty and named Canadian Geese after a Friendly Canadian showed them how to be cooked properly :D
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    The struggle is real. Although mine is more about the number of times stung in the mouth while riding my bike. Fortunately, it's only been once, but that was once too many. I wear sunglasses to keep the bugs out of my eyes and just hope that the bees are pollinating elsewhere when I ride.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    6.5 mile group run. Dozens of bugs collided with my face (yay swams) but only FOUR got in my mouth, and THREE were spit out! VICTORY! (And narrowly escaped the bug-in-the-eye!)
  • kristinegift
    Options
    Oh also not a running thing, but last night I found a 2 inch long weird bug thing that my dad thinks is a silver fish from the picture I sent him. It was just chilling on my wall, but above my bed which is NOT OK, so... I squished the poor not-so-little guy :(
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ugh. Silverfish. Related to cockroaches and just as pesky. They like damp areas, especially damp clothes and can eat little holes in your clothes. Hope it was a loner.
  • kristinegift
    Options
    Ugh. Silverfish. Related to cockroaches and just as pesky. They like damp areas, especially damp clothes and can eat little holes in your clothes. Hope it was a loner.

Ick! I think he snuck in while I was closing my giant windows. I hope he was a loner... I don't want holes in my clothes! :(
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Ick silverfish. We don't have cockroaches here but I think silverfish are almost as bad.

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    DesertGunR wrote: »

Maybe the first ones were hunted in Canada, were considered tasty and named Canadian Geese after a Friendly Canadian showed them how to be cooked properly :D
    We'll go with that :smile:
    Happy to see this thread still going strong. Very funny!

• G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    DesertGunR has the right spirit. Largest, grossest, wins. By popular vote.

Contest not available in Quebec. Must be 18 years or older. Stunt professionals at work, do not attempt these activities yourself. You did not inhale, right?

Dammit! Always excluded from contests!

P.S. Wow so many jokes in those 2 lines....

• kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to be a problem for me when running, but I regularly ingest airborne protein when on my bike. At least a few bugs per ride.

Then there was that bee that flew into my mouth as I was coming into T2 at a race once. That was not fun. Fortunately I spit it out before it stung me.

so... how are we supposed to log the bug calories?
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I feel so lucky that I've only inhaled one knat considering I run along a canal. My main problem is dogs trying to join in with my run. One nearly pulled a woman over
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've cursed myself now haven't I!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I'm currently ingesting aphids on a daily basis, both via my mouth and eyes, while cycling.
  • DesertGunR
    Options
    @kmsoucy457 You search the database then click my food and then log it from there. Though for getting a protein boost it is far from my favorite way to achieve it. Another poster on here added a few more of our favorite flying ingest-able bugs to the database, just in case you swallow something other than a gnat. LMAO!

I'd much rather shoot and cook a Canadian Goose in order to help improve the relations with my North of the Border Friends. LoL