Coffee drinker looking to convert to tea.

Options
13»

Replies

• eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I like a lot of different flavored black and white teas. For example, mango black tea is one of my favorites. I don't add anything to it and find the flavor to be pleasant.

Hope that helps.. if you stick with coffee, you could always try black, reducing the amt of creamer, etc. I have also tried putting vanilla protein powder in my coffee (to replace sugar/cream), and that turned out pretty well. It did SORT OF act like a creamer!
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Black tea has 11mg of caffeine per 100 g. Coffee has 40mg.
    I echo the sentiment to get a great tea from David's. Get some sample packs to try. Try a coffee/tea press like this:
    hJnhb.jpg
    Why not try powdered skim milk in your coffee? Wean yourself off the extra fat first.

I went to Australia for 4 months last year and was introduced to the tea press. Got one for like 2 bucks at an OP Shop (thrift store) I LOVED it. I need to get another one. Yerba Mate is a great tea for in the morning FYI! I have an entire pantry dedicated to hot teas, took forever to get of coffee all day every day but im finally glad I did.

• liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    If you're still looking for additional ideas.

I drink a lot of tea. I like rooibos tea. It doesn't tend to turn as bitter. I also like to add stevia leaf to it (not the powder,..the actual leaf). We have a whole shelf full of tea ingredients at work and mix and match something different every day.

Mint teas are good too!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I love coffee. I love tea. I guess, I just love caffeine. I dislike most herbal tea and really only like a good strong oolong or black tea. I've tried to like green tea but can't. I also don't like fruity tea. I've found that while I prefer cream in my coffee I will drink it black with 2 packs of splenda. That's kind of weird cause when I put in cream I don't sweeten it at all. I like hot tea with sugar, but I like my ice tea unsweetened.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I was like you. Loved my coffee. But I had a special brand, if I couldn't drink it well then I wouldn't drink anything. Also, I hated the taste of diet soda. I also hated the taste of red wine. But 3 years ago, I decided to clean up my health. The full body transformation thing. Diet, exercise, check ups..going to do things right. Said, let's try it for one year and see what happens. Well in that one year, I learned how to love green tea, I haven't had a regular soda since and If...a big if, I drink, it's red wine. And I'm now I'm just as happy as I was 3 years ago. Bottomline: Tea may be an acquired taste. If you are doing it for health reasons, you may find that given time, you will learn to adapt. Just my two cents. Good Luck
  • Predat0r1502
    Predat0r1502 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just switch to crystal meth.
  • autodominio
    autodominio Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ladybg81 wrote: »
    As long as you log all the sugar, cream, etc and you stay within calories, why give it up? I allow myself one cup of coffee per day with raw sugar and half and half. I measure each aspect and log it and work the rest of my day around it. I refuse to give up something I love because this is a LIFESTYLE and I don't want to be miserable. Have your coffee and enjoy it. Maybe look at higher quality add ins that give you more bang for your calorie buck. For example, I switched from white sugar to raw sugar and do not use as much because the flavor profile, IMO, is so much better.

I 100% agree with the above. I drink coffee in the morning and tea with dinner. I love love love chai tea with vanilla, I put one tablespoon of brown sugar and 3 tblspoons of 2% milk it's only 35 calories. It's well worth it.
    Whenever changing your eating and/or fitness habits ask yourself if you are willing to do it for life.
    If the answer is no then you need to figure out a better habit to form that you can do for life.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I was also trying to cut back on the added sugar and cream........this is what i just started drinking, and it is SOOOO good!!

8oz brewed coffee, chilled
    4oz vanilla almond milk
    2T Choc Whey Protein Mix
    1 Med frozen Banana

Blend all up and enjoy!! Keeps me full for a few hours too :)
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    bthumudo wrote: »
    I'm a coffee drinker. I need something I can make one cup at a time. I would like to start drinking tea without putting any sugar in or cream or anything. But I don't like tea. I have tried regular tea and green tea. I HATED it. Any recommendations? Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Organic India has Tulsi Tea in a variety of flavors. They are probably my favorite teas!! Tulsi is an herbal adaptogenic herb, meaning it helps your body respond to stress better. They can be found in lots of places, I've been buying them at Vitamin Shoppe lately. I only add stevia to sweeten. You might like coconut manna (by Nutiva) or coconut cream (in cans) as a creamer, it's really delicious!!!

• trotlicax
    trotlicax Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    try Yogi tea there are different tastes or maybe some fruit tea
  • greenfield292
    greenfield292 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love coffee its so good, but I also like green tea and pepermint and chocolate pepermint tea
  • yogi323
    yogi323 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I started drinking tea to cut down on soda. I was literally drinking a full two litter a day and no water. Or nothing but sugary, crazy sweet tea. I found out I hate most green teas and "standard" black tea. What I found that I love is herbal teas, white teas (so yummy!) and oolong tea. As for black tea, I do like earl grey. My advice is Wal-Mart tea is crap, IMHO. I now buy loose leaf tea, and each variety of tea comes with soo many different flavor accents. The cheapest, most reliable website I have found to buy tea on is http://www.adagio.com/. They have so many teas, and they are really cheap and ship quickly. I normally get my tea from them (Florida) in three days. Also, good tip for someone who is new to tea, do not steep it too long. It will make it crazy bitter. Also, different types (white, green, black, ect) need different temperatures. I don't have a thermometer to use for my tea water, but I eyeball it general. Black and herbal get a strong boil, green gets steaming water, with bubbles showing, but not a rolling boil, and white teas (the most delicate) get steaming water. Also, black teas get steeped longer than green, and green longer than white. In general black teas get 3/5 minutes, green gets 2/3, and white gets 1.5/2.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I like Bigelow Constant Comment. It has a slight bitterness to it due to the orange rind, but also a little bit of sweet spice. Goes great with shortbread cookies or danish butter cookies.
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! I just quit and switched to tea for 2 weeks and the withdrawal was horrendous. I was on the couch a lot for a week sleeping and severe headaches. I posted here about it and everyone recommended for me to drink my coffee in the morning and cut myself off by a certain time.

One cup systems, I use bodum brand. Works for tea or coffee. Makes anazing both :)

I drink my coffee black...maybe try to start cutting back on cream and sugar? Make the cup a bit weaker so the bites not as hard.

Good luck in your decision and ps the withdrawals are terrible...wean yourself off not cold turkey like I stupidly did. :)