What is the most thing that helped you lose weight fast?

Options
124»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    "Fast food" is usually used as a scary buzzword that actually means nothing.

There are lots of healthy fast food options these days.

That's what I was wondering about. How are we even defining fast food?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Anyway, what helped me lose weight fast was (1) having lots to lose; and (2) coming up with a plan that I could be consistent about for the lengthy period it would take and not giving up or overreacting any time I was less than perfect in following that plan. What that meant was I lost weight consistently over a period of weeks, and that really does add up fast. Just think about how fast a few months or a year can seem to pass.
  • katieshaheen66
    katieshaheen66 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Drinking lots of water, weighing my food, making sure that I get enough protein, and daily exercise!
  • christinehuds
    christinehuds Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Permanent weight loss isn't fast or quick. Depending on how much you have to lose, the first 5-15 pounds may drop off quickly, but after that, it's a slow, consistent task of maintaining a healthy and sustainable calorie deficit.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    what really helped you lose weight fast ? Tips ? Food ? diet ?

I am not interested in losing weight fast. I am interested in losing weight permanently. I am set to lose .5 pounds a week and have lost 55 pounds and only had minor weight increases due to too much salt, but have never actually gained any weight back.
    A healthy, balanced diet and patience made my weight loss relatively easy.

• Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    cortesr425 wrote: »
    Salt is detrimental when you have high blood pressure. If you are on the edge of diabetes that is still controllable with food, you need to avoid foods that spike blood sugar. These are bread, pasra, rice, anything with refined flour. I went back to eating parily vegetarian with a 4 ounce meat portion every two weeks. Obtained protein from beans,nuts, and seeds.

Where did the op say anything about hypertension, (High blood pressure) or diabetes?

Fruit also has sugar but no flour... As does juice.

Why does one need to go vegetarian?

Why do people perpetuate the idea that nuts and seeds are protein rich ? They are healthy in regard to beneficial fats, but have no protein to speak of.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Ang108 wrote: »
    what really helped you lose weight fast ? Tips ? Food ? diet ?

I am not interested in losing weight fast. I am interested in losing weight permanently. I am set to lose .5 pounds a week and have lost 55 pounds and only had minor weight increases due to too much salt, but have never actually gained any weight back.
    A healthy, balanced diet and patience made my weight loss relatively easy.

True for meat-eaters, but for vegetarians and vegans, the goal is often lots of foods with decent protein rather than the larger lump-sum proteins that come in the form of tasty critters.

(I have a vegetarian teen daughter and have to do a lot of "a few nuts here, a few legumes there, and don't you want to have some more greek yogurt?")
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Doc said change or die. Quit all sugar, most salt, fast food, prepared food, bread, pasta, etc. and went back to basics. Lost my first 40 lbs that way. Using MFP to lose my last 25. So far I i have lost 10 lbs with MFP.

There is no reason to cut out any of those foods unless you have a diagnosed medical condition.

Yeah! You should never listen to your doctor!!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    determination, being honest with myself, tracking everything accurately, not getting upset or discouraged if I treated myself a little, learning about the importance of nutrition (calories and macros) as well as exercise.
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady. I always overestimate my food calories and underestimate my exercise calories. And I run at least 5 miles every day.
  • lcgarrett77
    lcgarrett77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Never lie to MFP. Having an 'over' day is okay.. If you feel deprived you are more likely to binge. Have lost 15 lbs so far.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    Doc said change or die. Quit all sugar, most salt, fast food, prepared food, bread, pasta, etc. and went back to basics. Lost my first 40 lbs that way. Using MFP to lose my last 25. So far I i have lost 10 lbs with MFP.

There is no reason to cut out any of those foods unless you have a diagnosed medical condition.

Yeah! You should never listen to your doctor!!
    Uhh who said you shouldn't listen to your doctor?
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Cardio.
  • mom2wessarah
    mom2wessarah Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Medifast... I gained back, but that's because I went through a bought of depression. While I was eating butter an crackers at midnight, I knew it was wrong, but at the time didn't care.