i want to give up help

Options
im not even finished day 1 and i want to give up im trying hard not to

Replies

• kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Why? What made you start counting calories today? What is your goal?
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    It gets easier, almost second nature! Hang in there!
  • fat_killer1
    fat_killer1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

i duno its i want the weight gone but its so hard
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Creating new habits is hard at first, but once they are habits they become second nature.

Are you trying to do too much at once? How many pounds per week are you trying to lose?
  • fat_killer1
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Creating new habits is hard at first, but once they are habits they become second nature.

Are you trying to do too much at once? How many pounds per week are you trying to lose?

hi id be happy with 0.1 any thing at all il take
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Not much information to go on. How low did your set your calories?
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    To be 100% blunt- if you are that quick to throw in the towel, you likely won't succeed.
  • Balikkk
    Balikkk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try it a little slower, you don't have to lose 2 lbs a week. You can go 1 lbs or even lower if you feel like you are starving yourself at this pace.
    What makes it difficult for you?
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    When you say give up, what does that mean?
  • kindrabbit
    Options

i duno its i want the weight gone but its so hard

What are you finding hard? Counting calories? How many calories are you allowing yourself?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Remind yourself of the potential consequences to your health if you give up. This is going to be a very long process, especially when you have a lot to lose, and you'll find moments that will bring you down all the time. The trick is to get back up and get going again.
  • goaliesmate
    goaliesmate Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Aim to lose half a pound a week - that won't seem so hard. Start by not eating half the food on your plate. Wait 10 minutes before you start to eat the 2nd half and stop when you feel satisfied. Over time you may discover the first half was all you needed to feel satisfied. Be patient with yourself. It will take months to lose the weight it has taken you years to gain.
  • fat_killer1
    Options
    i have not set any calories im just trying to eat healthier and use this website for support and motivation along with tracking my weigh
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    What have you eaten today? I'm wondering if you want to give up because you haven't eaten enough.
  • fat_killer1
    Options
    i ate eggs and toast / a chicken roll / steak and potatos / a yogart / and about 10 strawberrys
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    When you decide to commit you'll do it and you'll learn how

Until you commit you will have issues

So work on your commitment

Why do you want to do this, what will happen if you don't
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    If you count your calories you may learn something too
  • kindrabbit
    Options
    You're goal to eat "healthier" is quite vague. Also, just choosing "healthy" foods is not necessarily going to help you loose weight. If it is weight loss you are after the best advice I can give is to enter all your stats into mfp (I think it asks for them when you register) and eat the number of calories it suggests. Weigh and measure absolutely everything that you eat. If you stay within the calorie allowance you will loose weight. I have list over a stone so far you do have to get a little obsessive but it works if you stick to it. It doesn't have to be"healthy" it just has to be within the allowance set for you. Feel free to have a look at my diary.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    i have not set any calories im just trying to eat healthier and use this website for support and motivation along with tracking my weigh

You don't necessarily have to eat healthy to lose weight. You just have to eat less calories than you have to to maintain the weight you're at. I recommend using the calorie counting portion of the site. I eat mostly healthy, but it is mostly so I will get more food to eat since healthy food tends to be less calorie dense, but I still eat things I want every day. I still eat pizza, ice cream, chips, cookies, etc. I just don't eat loads of them all day every day. If you start counting the calories you will see that you can have those things as long as they fit into your calorie goal. Calorie counting can actually be less restrictive than just saying "I can only eat x y z". You can still gain weight on too much "healthy food" too.

You can do this!
  • goaliesmate
    goaliesmate Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i ate eggs and toast / a chicken roll / steak and potatos / a yogart / and about 10 strawberrys
    That is enough to feed a mouse. No wonder you want to give up. Add some fruit to the breakfast. A large bowl of salad or vegetables to lunch. Ditto for dinner.