Eat a big breakfast.. .

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Please don't tell people what to do. Also, there's no science that backs up the claim 'eating a bigger breakfast results in greater weight loss.' In fact, many people here have lost a significant amount of weight without eating breakfast.
  • mizzlarabee
    mizzlarabee Posts: 134 Member
    Seems a bit anecdotal. Intake is intake. If you're tracking then it shouldn't matter. I eat a small breakfast because I'm just not that hungry in the morning, and have food all the way up until right before I sleep.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Breakfast is my smallest meal of the day and I've lost 50lbs since January. I think it just comes down to personal preference.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited May 2015
    Nope, meal and calorie timing is a preference thing and nothing more. Weight loss is about calories, math and eating at a deficit. Simple as that.

eta: I don't eat in the morning. Lost the weight with no problems and have been successfully maintaining for over two years now.
  • MynameisJerryB
    MynameisJerryB Posts: 168 Member
    Yep, it depends on the person. If I eat a big meal for breakfast it sets me up craving big meals for the rest of the day, not to mention that you blow the majoirity of your calorie allotment in the morning
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    If I eat a big breakfast, it will set me up to eat all day...a big lunch and a big dinner, plus snacks. I'm not usually hungry for breakfast. Forcing it is not helpful. If I wait until a few hours after I'm up, then I can just eat a larger lunch, dinner and a snack and be plenty satisfied.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    OP, you have 6 posts. You're kind of new around here to be telling other people what to do.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    If I eat a big breakfast, it will set me up to eat all day...a big lunch and a big dinner, plus snacks. I'm not usually hungry for breakfast. Forcing it is not helpful. If I wait until a few hours after I'm up, then I can just eat a larger lunch, dinner and a snack and be plenty satisfied.

^this is totally me, too.

If I eat a big breakfast, there's no stopping the hangry Train for me.

I've lost 53 lbs back in 2013, so I'd say it's personal preference. Stay within your calorie goals and eat when is best for you ;P
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member

I'm the same way.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Personal choice. But I do eat a big breakfast - just works out that way. I am hungry in the mornings I eat. My breakfast is more calories than my dinner because by time I hit dinner time I only have a couple hundred left! If I had more control I might distribute them more evenly, but I'm usually so hungry during the day I don't....
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Do whatever work for you.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Great! I'll have a bacon-wrapped pizza for breakfast.

But seriously, personal preference and individual needs are far more important than meal timing.
  • mizzlarabee
    mizzlarabee Posts: 134 Member
    Great! I'll have a bacon-wrapped pizza for breakfast.

But seriously, personal preference and individual needs are far more important than meal timing.

Ohhh that would be the best breakfast ever!
  • SquatNSparkle
    SquatNSparkle Posts: 477 Member
    Depends. On lifting days I eat a helluva lot more all day. Also depends on goals. I THINK OP is quoting research that addresses those who think not eating much in AM will help them lose, then they pig out at night. We know THAT is a recipe for disaster most likely. PLAN and follow the plan.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Breakfast is my biggest meal of the day, but only because it's my favorite meal of the day.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    I can see the argument for it. I've been struggling with concentration in the morning lately because of low calorie breakfasts. That doesn't automatically mean that I'm going to binge later in the day, but that might be the case for some people.
  • sthoms2
    sthoms2 Posts: 41 Member
    I eat a smaller breakfast and lunch (usually both for under 500 calories) because I'm generally not that hungry until later. I try to make sure neither of those meals are carb heavy or I will be starving in an hour.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    I don't generally eat until around 10-11 a.m. and I'm up at 3:30ish, so NOPE, don't agree. ACTUALLY, I like a BIG breakfast.....at dinnertime!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    I eat a moderate breakfast, a HUGE lunch and nothing or a small snack at night if I'm hungry but usually I just drink cold water.
    Works well for me because I love one meal a day that's pretty hefty and lunch is when I'm hungriest.
    On weekends I switch and have my large meal at night cause we eat out, unless we decide to have a big brunch.
  • christybrumett622
    christybrumett622 Posts: 12 Member
    Not telling anyone what to do. We are all adults here. I just thought it was interesting and shared. Didn't expect people to be so rude. I won't be sharing again....
This discussion has been closed.