"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!!

Ran the Renaissance Run, which was a 3 mile obstacle course race with some friends. Took us a little over an hour. Lots of mud and water!

Food: Smoked turkey leg!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    brandiuntz wrote: »
    Happy Saturday!!

Ran the Renaissance Run, which was a 3 mile obstacle course race with some friends. Took us a little over an hour. Lots of mud and water!

Good job! Was it cold?

• brandiuntz
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    brandiuntz wrote: »
    Happy Saturday!!

Good job! Was it cold?

Cold will not be anywhere near Houston for at least 6 months. :) Was a hot day, so was kind of nice to get soaked off and on. They didn't ice the water or anything, so it was just standard temps. Local firemen hosed us off afterwards and that water was a little cold.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Managed a nice workout this morning but came home with my hip killing me again. I'm going to try taking two days off in a row and see how I feel after that. I really hate being injured..............it pisses me off........

Exercise: 15 min calisthenics warmup including 2X 10 standard pushups, 2X 10 situps w/10 lb ball, 2X 20 crunch twists w/10 lb ball, 2 X 12 each side hand plank w/rotation, 2X 15 swissball crunch w/25 lb plate, 60 sec reverse plank. 15 min bike @ 12 mph and 10 resistance. 50 min strength training including bench press 2 X 5 @ 65 lbs > 2X 5 @ 75 lbs > 1X 5 @ 80 lbs, 3X 8 single arm bent over row w/35 lbs, 3X 8 seated OHP w/20/20 DB's, 2X 20 red/green band row, 2X 15 each side red band twist, 2X 15 cable kneeling lat pull down w/30/30, 2X 12 red/green band chest press, 2X 15 red band deltoid fly, 40 steps OH walk w/20 lb KB, 40 step OH walk w/25 lb KB.

Under 1700 again...........so I guess that's okay. I'll go a little lower the next two days if I don't go to the gym....

Yikes..........tomorrow's Monday already.

@ Brandi...........sounds like you had a great time and got a good workout in as well.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Sunday!!

Cardio: 10 mile run. first 4 miles at HM pace, last 6 miles at recovery pace ( aka dragging my *kitten* cause it was hot/muggy). Always amazed at how much the higher temps drag down my energy. Glad I pushed threw it.

Food: on target!

@Luluinca: Hope your hip heals up. Can't imagine how much that sucks right now. Definitely give it some rest.
  • ninerbuff
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Monday! This past weekend was my last at LifestyleRx. It's been fun there, but I've already began to apply to other facilities in the area. Shouldn't take long, but I'm going take advantage of the time off by doing more home projects

Cardio: run/jog 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: No parties this weekend, so I was pretty good.
  • luluinca
    Options
    I'm forcing myself to take two rest days in a row.......although tomorrow I'm going to our twin nephew's college graduation in the morning so I imagine I'll be walking pretty far. My hip feels much better today and I'm hoping by the time I see my trainer on Wed, he'll help me figure out what I can work on while it's still healing. I guess arms, but I can't do that everyday. I can swim though...... B)

Food both days will be under or close to 1600, I feel like such a bum when I don't work out. LOL

Have a great week and I'll check back in on Wed.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    I'm forcing myself to take two rest days in a row.......although tomorrow I'm going to our twin nephew's college graduation in the morning so I imagine I'll be walking pretty far. My hip feels much better today and I'm hoping by the time I see my trainer on Wed, he'll help me figure out what I can work on while it's still healing. I guess arms, but I can't do that everyday. I can swim though...... B)

Food both days will be under or close to 1600, I feel like such a bum when I don't work out. LOL

Have a great week and I'll check back in on Wed.
    Rest is good. Remember that's when you get stronger.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Spent time yesterday doing some clean up around the outside of the house. BIL and SIL are coming to visit this weekend, so clean up all this week. Then watch the DUBS tonight!!!!

Cardio: jog/walk 2 mile (300 calories)

Strength: hamstrings and shoulders- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals. 12,10,8,6 reps for 4 sets.

Assessment: Had a good day yesterday.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Took Monday as a rest day due to sore hamstrings.

Cardio: 6 miles run, easy pace except for 1 mile at tempo. 68 minutes.

Food: good today, not so much on Monday.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! Doing some house cleaning and finishing laundry today. Hopefully I hear from some applications I put in at other facilities today.

Cardio: run/jog- 2 miles (400 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: I did alright yesterday.
  • luluinca
    Options
    @ Niner.............good luck on the applications.

I had a good session with my trainer. He really got to the bottom of my hip injury and determined it's muscular and not skeletal...............good news. It's gotten a little better but the hip flexor is still slightly swollen so I'm icing it and discontinuing any stretching or painful use of my hip for another week at least. Which means my arms are going to be so strong.................LOL I"ll be swimming, doing some calisthenics, walking and working core and arms until it's really healed. We're guessing two weeks or so.

Exercise: 10 min calisthenics warmup including pushups, situps, crunches. 50 min strength training w/Brent including 4X 10 cable row w/30/30, 4X 10 rev deltoid cable w/7.5/7.5, 4X 10 cable I fly w/12/12, 4X 10 cable chest press w/20/20, 1X 10 single arm press w/20 lbs>1X8 w/ 25 lbs> 1X 6 w/30 lbs.

Food: Right around 1700 today with good macros......I can always feel when I'm getting ready to lose again and that's the way I feel right now. It's kind of weird actually...... B)

Happy Hump Day................
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Strength training:

Bench press: 1x5x65lb, 3x5x75lb

OHP: 1x5x45lb, 3x5x50lb

Pendlay Row: 1x5x65lb, 3x5x75lb

Food: er, M&M's.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! Went to a club yesterday to fill out an application and now going back tomorrow for final interview. Looks like I'm going to start there next week. Crossing my fingers. Tonight is also open house for my DD.
    Sad to say that my MIL's boyfriend passed away last night due to terminal lung cancer. He was a pack a day smoker for years.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: back- pullups, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 12,10,8,6 x 4 sets

Assessment: I did okay yesterday. Could have done better.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! Went to a club yesterday to fill out an application and now going back tomorrow for final interview. Looks like I'm going to start there next week. Crossing my fingers. Tonight is also open house for my DD.
    Sad to say that my MIL's boyfriend passed away last night due to terminal lung cancer. He was a pack a day smoker for years.

Strength: back- pullups, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 12,10,8,6 x 4 sets

Assessment: I did okay yesterday. Could have done better.

Condolences to you and your MIL.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Cardio: Walked for about 2.85 miles in 70 minutes on the treadmill.... Burned 225 calories.

Strength: Squats: 5x5x125; Overhead press: 5x5x75; Deadlift: 1x5x165; hip abductors: 3x8x145; hip adductors: 3x8x145.

Assessment: I stayed within maintenance calories [but I still have 100 lbs to lose]. I need to increase my water intake, but we have a bacteria scare here now, so I need to buy some water. I still feel drained. I've been eating at or above maintenance, but I still feel so out of it. I don't know if it's because I just started lifting or what. I will try to stick with this SL 5x5 program.

• luluinca
    Options
    @ Niner..............sorry about the loss to your MIL...........cancer is really awful.... :'(

I couldn't get in the pool today because it was too crowded so I hopped on the treadmill for 15 minutes instead. I'm not very fond of the treadmill but I did it. Also used the stair master during my circuit training. Not a ton of cardio but enough I think. Hip feels pretty good afterwards but my arms are sore from yesterday, and then I worked them a little this morning because I needed to put a little more time in while I was there. Tomorrow is a rest day.

Exercise: 30 min circuit training including 3X8 extended inch worms, 3X 8 standard pushups, 3X 10 situps w/12 lb ball, 3X 20 crunch twists w/12 lb ball, 60 sec forearm plank, 60 sec basic plank, 60 sec reverse plank, 3X 10 renegade rows w/20 lbs, 2X 3 min stairmaster level 5. 15 min treadmill 3.5 mph/10% incline. 15 min strength training including 3X 10 lat pulldowns w/60 lbs, 3X 10 underhand pulldowns w/60 lbs, 3X 10 tricep extensions w/40 lbs, 3X 10 tricep curls w/40 lbs.

Food: About 1725 so I should be good. Macros are good but a little heavy on the fat......yummmm
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Cardio: 6 mile run, mostly easy with strides. 68 minutes.

Food: on target.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the condolences. He was a good guy. I wasn't as close to him as my MIL and FIL, but he treated my family well every time we went and visited my MIL.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! Today I go in for final interview for Livermore Valley Tennis Club. I'm confident I'll get the job. I also applied at The Quad in Pleasanton and may have a shot there too.

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: I did okay yesterday.