Not losing weight but I'm doing everything right!

17116208 Posts: 22 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
My starting weight was 137 and I'm 5'5", and my friend and I decided that this summer we were going to make healthier choices and exercise almost everyday. We've been at this for about 2 weeks now and I weigh 141 right now. [We have ran/walked 1 mile each day and occasionally ride our bikes 4.6 miles the same day, on top of that we have been doing a small set of exercises like crunches, squats, planks, leg lifts and tricep dips.] [For breakfast it's either oatmeal with strawberries/blueberries or egg whites and a piece of fruit, lunch is usually a asian chicken salad with a strawberry green tea smoothie, and then usually a snack of yoplait yogurt that's been frozen (aka frozen yogurt) and then dinner is something my mom made or a salad and grilled chicken wings.] That's mainly what it's been like but it sounds healthy to me!!! Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I stay under the 2,000 cal limit and I exercise, I'm getting really discouraged.

Replies

• FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Are you weighing your foods, counting everything you eat? You might be gaining muscle and according to your profile you have 41 pounds to lose. Maybe open your diary, you might get better feedback that way.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    edited May 2015
    Do you weigh everything you eat on a food scale?
    Do you measure all your caloric liquids including salad dressings and oils in measuring cups? Do you log everything in your mfp diary?
    Have you entered your weight, height etc into mfp to get your calorie goal?
    If you are gaining instead of losing, you are eating more than you think.

ETA-if you lose 41 pounds you will be severely underweight!!!
    That would be very unhealthy so no! Do some research and find the correct amount you should lose!!!
    How do I open my diary?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited May 2015
    Are you seriously trying to lose 41 pounds?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    craziedani wrote: »
    Are you weighing your foods, counting everything you eat? You might be gaining muscle and according to your profile you have 41 pounds to lose. Maybe open your diary, you might get better feedback that way.

While she won't be gaining muscle...I didn't notice the ticker. Just the username. So...
    I'm trying to lose weight (the healthy way) and I just don't see what I'm doing wrong. I don't weight my food but I do measure everything and I don't always finish it but I still put in the entire amount of cals. And when I made this account my goal was to lose 41 lbs but idk how to change it, my goal now is 20-25.
    jemhh wrote: »
    Are you seriously trying to lose 41 pounds?

I was, but I have changed my goal to 20-25lbs
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    I'm trying to lose weight (the healthy way) and I just don't see what I'm doing wrong. I don't weight my food but I do measure everything and I don't always finish it but I still put in the entire amount of cals. And when I made this account my goal was to lose 41 lbs but idk how to change it, my goal now is 20-25.

How old are you? Also you might be taken more seriously if you change your username.

How old are you? Also you might be taken more seriously if you change your username.

I'm 20. I just got back onto MFP last week for the first time in awhile so I haven't really checked the settings or anything, I was mainly focused on the calorie counting.
  • Emmatyan
    Emmatyan Posts: 87 Member
    2000 as daily goal seems quite a lot, I wonder how you got that. Do you have a very active way of life? And looks like you are eating way less veggies than you should be.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    It doesn't matter what you eat but how much. Your diet can be completely "healthy" (which is really subjective btw, as I don't consider any foods good or bad) and you can still gain weight if you eat too much. But I'm confused. You're a healthy weight now...and trying to become an unhealthy weight...and your username doesn't help you out much. Have you considered speaking to a professional?
    Emmatyan wrote: »
    2000 as daily goal seems quite a lot, I wonder how you got that. Do you have a very active way of life? And looks like you are eating way less veggies than you should be.

My goal used to be 1,200 cals but I heard 2,000 was the general amount of cals and yes, I would say I have an active life. And unfortunately I don't like any veggies other than carrots (yes I've tried them) so I usually stick to fruits (I know they can be high in sugar)
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    If her profile photo is really her, we already have a red flag.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    OP, you're within a healthy weight range for your height. If you want to 'look better naked', then add resistance training. Your diet seems balanced, but I am concerned due to your nickname that you may have an eating disorder and are trying to use this site to restrict and lose more weight. Are you in recovery or are you trying to restrict? Your original goal of 40lbs loss would lead us to believe the latter. Please make sure you are approaching health and fitness in a positive way and not in a way that will harm you. Anorexia can kill you, it is very serious, and we want everyone here to be healthy, mentally and physically.

If you need information on ED treatment, please speak to a doctor or visit http://www.something-fishy.org/
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Emmatyan wrote: »

My goal used to be 1,200 cals but I heard 2,000 was the general amount of cals and yes, I would say I have an active life. And unfortunately I don't like any veggies other than carrots (yes I've tried them) so I usually stick to fruits (I know they can be high in sugar)

Stop picking random numbers! How often do we need to say that here? The 2000 calories is a general recommendation you see on labels that is outdated. Put in your stats in the MFP app, choose your goal, then log accurately. Or go use a TDEE calculator and figure out what your personal calorie needs are.

Better yet, why are you trying to lose that much weight? Just focusing on fitness and strength training, because your weight looks pretty healthy.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    I am going to go with attention seeking troll for ten points please.

Many of us regular chunky folks stick to a 1200 plan. I don't think anyone needs to worry that this is a real anorexic person crying out for help. On 2000 they will be just fine ;)
    If her profile photo is really her, we already have a red flag.

It's not
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 644 Member
    Sorry about the unfortunate user name. That is difficult to support.
    OP, you're within a healthy weight range for your height. If you want to 'look better naked', then add resistance training. Your diet seems balanced, but I am concerned due to your nickname that you may have an eating disorder and are trying to use this site to restrict and lose more weight. Are you in recovery or are you trying to restrict? Your original goal of 40lbs loss would lead us to believe the latter. Please make sure you are approaching health and fitness in a positive way and not in a way that will harm you. Anorexia can kill you, it is very serious, and we want everyone here to be healthy, mentally and physically.

If you need information on ED treatment, please speak to a doctor or visit http://www.something-fishy.org/

I have been in recovery once before but had to leave early bc there was an issue with my insurance. I relapsed and now I'm trying to get healthy. I appreciate everyone's concern but I really would just like to know what I can be fixing about what I'm doing now that doesn't involve ED comments.
    I changed my avi to a picture of me, hope that helps. Sorry, but I don't know how to change my username or else I would do that too.