New puppy!

Options
Shawnalee0703
Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
We adopted this adorable little terror 2 weeks ago from a local rescue. She is keeping me on my toes and I am soooo in love with her. :-D Busy, feisty, snuggly little thing :-D This girl has thrown my routine through a loop! But she is excellent practice for KIDS and maintaining or losing my weight!
When we got her we were told mom was a Boxer mix (with what, we don't know) and we don't know what dad was. HA HA so she is truly a mystery dog. But I love love love her and I am really looking forward lots of obedience classes and training with her as well as hiking camping and other FUN things. :-D When we brought her home she was 8 ish weeks and 9.5lbs. She is not 10 ish weeks and 17lbs! Growing like a weed and with HUGE paws we wonder how big she will be. ;) She could be MANY breeds if we know mom was a mix already haha

Any guessed on her mixes? We plan on doing a DNA test to find out so I can even more so train and do activities with her that she will really enjoy. :-D
The day we got her....
fiona.jpg
abbyfiona.jpg
And a couple more recent pics. :-D
2011-05-17_18-21-01_859.jpg
2011-05-21_16-55-22_118-1.jpg
DSCN2241.jpg

Replies

• TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Mastiff. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    she is sooooo cute!!!! i just wanna snuggle her :smooched:
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    She looks somwwhat Pitty to me.
  • joamarelo
    joamarelo Posts: 161
    Options
    awwwww!!!!!!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Too cute!!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    She's adorable!!!
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    She looks to me like she could have a bit of pit bull in her... She is way adorable, though. I can see why you fell in love. :)
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Very very cute...and big feet! She has a lot of growing to do! Bet she runs way over 50#. Have fun!!
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Puppy looks to be a mix of a weimaraner which come in grey or tan/brown, and thinking a pitt which both type dogs can have blueish or light color eyes, maybe mastif noting the darker area about the mouth. all those are high energy dog breeds. She will need LOTs of excercise so you have a new workout buddy once she gets bigger lol. too cute, what did you name her?
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    she's adorable and lovely!! looks like a snugglebug! congrats! I got my baby 12 weeks ago yesterday :-) they are truly THE BEST!
  • deema79
    deema79 Posts: 108
    Options
    Looks like she could be mixed with a Pit Bull.
    No worries :) Love your puppy up, socialize it, train it well and all will be wonderful! Lots of happiness to you with your new baby!
    I have a 3 1/2 year old Red Nose Pit Bull, she is the sweetest thing.
  • SouthernAngel
    Options
    Definitely some pittbull in that baby! Too cute :)
  • alynk
    alynk Posts: 27
    Options
    What a cutie! We got a mystery rescue puppy too, they knew the mom was american bulldog but no idea about the dad and now he is a 125lb cuddle bug! I love him!
  • rebeccawible
    Options
    Puppy is look to be a mix of a weimaraner which come in grey or tan/brown, and thinking a pitt which both type dogs can have blueish or light color eyes, maybe mastif noting the darker area about the mouth. all those are high energy dog breeds. She will need LOTs of excercise so you have a new workout buddy once she gets bigger lol. too cute, what did you name her?

I would agree! neighbors had a weimaraner too looked very similar but also looks like pit. ADORABLE!!! :bigsmile:
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    i'd agree with the American Pit Bull Terrier guesses.

Can't figure the other parts. Mastiff I think was a decent guess. I don't know and I'm usually pretty good at this...

Cute as the ****ens though!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Fiona is her name! :-D Did I forget to say that hahaha Sorry ;)
    OH yeah! I am pretty certain she has pit in her! I am thinking mom was a boxer/pit and the other half... DUNNO. I would absolutely OK with her being part mastiff, as we already have one hehe She has webbed feet so I know she is either part mastiff, part hound or retriever of some sort. :-D Her coloring is very lab/pit but her face is NOT lab lol. She has a slight knot on her head which also leads to a Mastiff breed.
    I totally can tell she has some growing to do haha! Her paws are definitely a dead give away! At 17lbs at 10 weeks..... definitely over 50lbs... which is fine. :-D We LOVE big doggies.
    She is likely only part pit so I am not really "worried" about it, she will be loved on and socialized lots, definitely. She DOES have LOTS of energy... and she will probably force me out for a run often, which will be great for both of us! I just have to get all the training in before she pulls me around haha.
    We had a play date today with a border collie hahhahah Needless to say Fiona is sleeping now. ;)
    Puppies are hard work but she will make me a stronger person ;) haha or drive me to drink! JK
    The biggest thing we are working on right now is gentle mouth and her NOT going after our Mastiff's face haha. She is doing better about that and her time outs have definitely had an effect on her behavior. She is most definitely a smart girl... and a SNEAKY one. *what I am not chewing this, I am just yawning* hahah picture that... yup she is sneaky! ;)
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I still think she looks like our Boxer mix pup......Fiona is just precious!!!!!!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Thanks guys! She really is precious! I don't think she has Weimerainer in her myself. Since she is likely part pit, that would explain the eyes. Weimies have LOOOONG snouts and long legs.... She is not nearly as short and stocky as a pure pit breed but if she is a mastiff, or lab or hound as well it would lengthen her legs a little. It's amazing how a puppy picks up some features from one breed and none from another haha. I can't wait to find out what she actually is.
    I know a lady who had a test done and her dog was bull mastiff, dane, chihuahua and retriever HAHA it is only like 30lbs lol WEIRD stuff!
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    I'm inclined to say boxer/lab mix.

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER CUTE! :)
  • rissuhbissuh
    rissuhbissuh Posts: 125
    Options
    I definitely see pit in there. If it does have pit in it, I am so jealous. boxer/pit makes me even more jealous lol :)