Couch to 5K start

Options
Who wants to do this with me?? I want to start over and want to have other start with me!?

Replies

• mday2107
    mday2107 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded the app for this... A little nervous... But I think I'll enjoy it once I get started. I used to love to run. But haven't ran in over 5 years... How did you like it when you first started it?
  • turtles12
    turtles12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I didn't know there was an app! I'll do it with you :smiley:
  • misswillpower
    misswillpower Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I will do it with you. I stopped for awhile. I'll join you and start over with you. I like the app, it starts you off slow.
  • SamiMassey
    SamiMassey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm up for doing this too! After being away from this site for a while and letting my fitness slip, I really want to get motivated :) I'll download the app too - so nice to have other people to talk to about this without being embarrassed :)
  • Graceraeg
    Graceraeg Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love this app! I use the simple c25k app. It has the least glitches for my phone. It really eases you into jogging and it gave me a love for it. I made it to week 6 and stopped a few months ago. I want to start anew with others this time!
  • louise3uk
    louise3uk Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did this before my 10k run but only made it to week 2! Then started training my own way. Defo up for doing it again
  • kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've done this app and am now training for longer distances, but I just wanted to say good luck and stick to it! It really works! A couple months ago, I couldn't even run one minute.
  • Graceraeg
    Graceraeg Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I picked the three days I am going to do it. Day 1 is Saturday, Day 2 Monday Day 3 Thursday. I might add an extra day and just do day 3 twice to get 4 days of cardio
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Ive ended up on the same days but different order. D1 is Thursday. This way my first run of the (calendar) week is the last on my c25k week and so an easier way to get going!
  • misswillpower
    Options
    I'm excited to start again. I
    do not have my exact days. I am thinking starting tomorrow, Monday then Wednesday. :)
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this too!! I've signed up for a 10k in fall so this perfect!!
  • misswillpower
    Options
    Has anyone completed W1D1 yet this week so far? Trying to be accountable.
    Finished my first day, can't wait for the next day, Monday. :)
  • maggieeric1
    maggieeric1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Im with you. I just started c25k from zen labs about a week ago. I did w1d3 on Friday. I like how it eases you in. Going OK so far.
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Im on week 2 day 2. I am loving it....
  • mack427
    mack427 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be in. I am on week 2 day 1. I started over last Monday. Let's do this
  • chi18
    chi18 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I start week 4 tomorrow (eek).

Have any of you found earbuds that stay in really well when you do the program? I'm looking for a new pair because mine keep slipping out.
  • SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I did W1D2 yesterday. I'm thinking about doing 5 days a week instead though, because it's quite easy at the moment, plus I want the extra workout calories for more days.
    chi18 wrote: »
    Count me in! I start week 4 tomorrow (eek).

Have any of you found earbuds that stay in really well when you do the program? I'm looking for a new pair because mine keep slipping out.

Also, chi18, I think it's tough to recommend earbuds because everyone's ears are shaped so differently, my Apple ones stay in just fine, but I know my boyfriend can't use them at all. Maybe look for ones with little silicon arms over the ears?
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    You might all want to use the daily check in thread at http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k this group.

Lots of active C25K users as well as several who're well beyond that stage.

Personally I used C25K just over two years ago, and did my second half marathon this morning
  • ADBruno1
    ADBruno1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Chi18, Try yurbuds earbuds. They got me through all of C25K and my first 5k and are still going strong- they have never once fallen out and are also more comfortable to wear for long periods of time. They have a silicone cover that you twist into your ear so they stay put.

I bought my first pair at Dick's for $30 but just found them today at Marshalls for $13. Either way, they're not super expensive. They come in a few different models- I originally bought the cheapest model and they work just fine.
  • ocnldy
    ocnldy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Just started c25k again. Got through all eight weeks last summer but stopped running when it started raining. Just started again. Today was w2d1 for me. I use the app by ZenLabs. So excited to find other people on the same adventure.