what is your secret simple formula for losing the weight you lost?

Replies

• titotito48
    titotito48 Posts: 120 Member
    I do this exactly as well
  • titotito48
    Jogging before work, oatmeal and a coffee for breakfast, limited snacking and balanced meals :) It sounds simple, and it is, when you get the hang if it :)

• titotito48
    titotito48 wrote: »
    Jogging before work, oatmeal and a coffee for breakfast, limited snacking and balanced meals :) It sounds simple, and it is, when you get the hang if it :)
    I do this as well
  • snoringcat
    snoringcat Posts: 131 Member
    mrsjatty wrote: »
    Eat less, move more..

^^^ this
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Lots of walking, lifting weights, portion control, using a food scale, eating well balanced meals and fitting in extra mini workouts, like squats or push ups while waiting for my food to cook.
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    For me, low carb and body weight exercises.
  • titotito48
    Sorry for the multiple posts. I'm trying to figure out how to quote a previous poster with my reply. Ugh!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    edited May 2015
    Consistency: Move, IIFYM, lift heavy.
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Eating less and moving more than I used to.
  • jlbrown1985
    jlbrown1985 Posts: 136 Member
    natboosh69 wrote: »
    CICO! :)

^^^This
    Don't use the word "diet". Make life style changes that you can live with for the rest of your life!!!

^^^This
    Walking as much as I can

^^^This. Having a fitbit has really kept me motivated.

And log log log!! It's easier to eat healthy and eat at a deficit when you know exactly what you are consuming.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Walking everyday. Lifting 4 days a week. Not drinking my calories (pop, store-bought juice, alcohol). Cooking the majority of my meals at home and keeping a food journal.

Once I was consistent with all of this the weight came off and I've kept it off.
  • tomsarno
    tomsarno Posts: 105 Member
    Like the commercial said 'take three capsules at bed time, No need to exercise or change your eating habits' ..NOT

Actually when I stopped drinking everything but water my weight loss journey became much easier.
  • angeltilo
    angeltilo Posts: 44 Member
    Accurate counting. And it helped that kids gave me Noro Virus so I didn't feel like eating. I don't recommend it as a plan.

LOL
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    why does everyone think there's some kind of magical formula? there isn't one...

eat a little less, move a little more...that's about as magical as it gets.
  • Contodaelalma
    Contodaelalma Posts: 1 Member
    Fall in love ... with someone, with life but first and foremost with yourself!
    Love gives you energy, curbs your appetite, increases self-esteem .... etc <3<3<3
  • LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    I changed my thinking in order to change my life. I went from a person who felt I could eat what I want whenever I want and not exercise. To a person who watches my calories, logs my food everyday, avoids fast foods and exercised five times a week. The result is the pounds are coming off slowly but surely.
  • nashvillenellie
    nashvillenellie Posts: 75 Member
    Honestly, I get asked all the time " What did you do to lose weight?. To which I always reply "There is no magical or easy way to lose weight!". My Dr had told me I would disappoint people by being honest and telling them I did it the hard way. He was being pretty honest. It is a pretty basic concept, Eat less, burn more and be accountable! I think the most important thing for me was learning how to be accountable. That is where logging your food comes in. Learn what a real serving size is. My Dr had me to do an exercise that opened my eyes to how easy it is to over assume the size of the servings. He had me to get everything out on my plate at dinner as I normally would. Then he had me to get measuring cups and put each item in the cups. Then I compared what I had actually put on my plate to the actually recommended serving sizes of the particular food. Almost every item I had gotten too much out.
  • nashvillenellie
    Honestly, I get asked all the time " What did you do to lose weight?. To which I always reply "There is no magical or easy way to lose weight!". My Dr had told me I would disappoint people by being honest and telling them I did it the hard way. He was being pretty honest. It is a pretty basic concept, Eat less, burn more and be accountable! I think the most important thing for me was learning how to be accountable. That is where logging your food comes in. Learn what a real serving size is. My Dr had me to do an exercise that opened my eyes to how easy it is to over assume the size of the servings. He had me to get everything out on my plate at dinner as I normally would. Then he had me to get measuring cups and put each item in the cups. Then I compared what I had actually put on my plate to the actually recommended serving sizes of the particular food. Almost every item I had gotten too much out.
  • nashvillenellie
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Finding healthy foods I like, and eating reasonable amounts of them

Never blindly snack eating ! I used to consume 1000 calories on that daily :(

Ease into burning off calories thru exercise.

A workout buddy can be awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!