5 Foods that a Nutritionist recommends NEVER to eat after the age of 45

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    A nutritionist is not a certified dietician. There is no scientist who would say that a food should be prohibited because of age. Well, maybe jello shots or Red Bull aren't often served in nursing homes.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    A nutritionist is not a certified dietician. There is no scientist who would say that a food should be prohibited because of age. Well, maybe jello shots or Red Bull aren't often served in nursing homes.
    Say it aint so! :(

• Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    There is NO food that anyone can tell me I can't eat after a certain age. That's ridiculous. I'm 51. I'm going to eat whatevathehell I want to until I CAN'T eat my food my way anymore. An age cut-off is arbitrary. It certainly doesn't go from being ok one day, and bad for you literally 24 hours later. Ridiculous.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    edited May 2015
    Say it aint so! :(

Well, I've never had Red Bull, but I hope to end up in a nursing home that serves nice cocktails. I'll amend my statement. At a certain age, you should give up Kool-aid and grain alcohol.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Don't bother with that BS.
    It's a poor commercial of the worst kind.

http://www.cspinet.org/nah/articles/sketchy-claims.html
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Of those five, I only stay away from soy milk because I don't like it. Other than that, bring it on!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member

I officially never want to grow up. :(
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Dear god that goes on and on! Still don't know what the supposedly evil foods are but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's b/s.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Dear god that goes on and on! Still don't know what the supposedly evil foods are but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's b/s.

Artificial Sweeteners
    Orange juice
    whole wheat bread
    Soy milk
    Margarine

• linette49
    linette49 Posts: 2 Member
    No one should eat margarine. It's one molecule away from becoming plastic. I don't know about you but I will not willingly ingest plastic. Nothing natural about it. Google it for yourself .
  • KimBaker7463
    KimBaker7463 Posts: 8 Member
    Sorry you guys, I honestly posted it before I realized how long it was and that she was promoting her program. Lesson learned.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Da *kitten*?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,482 Member
    Sorry you guys, I honestly posted it before I realized how long it was and that she was promoting her program. Lesson learned.
    While you may believed that it was something good, the realization that it was a promotional program meant to demonize certain foods was well worth learning. It will also help those who just lurk on the forums that just because a "certified" nutritionist says it's "bad", it doesn't mean it's so.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• idlmb
    idlmb Posts: 1 Member
    I don't think that any of these 5 are that good for you whatever your age
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    linette49 wrote: »
    No one should eat margarine. It's one molecule away from becoming plastic. I don't know about you but I will not willingly ingest plastic. Nothing natural about it. Google it for yourself .

1. This isn't true.
    2. Even if it were true, it would be completely meaningless. Many substances have similar molecular structure but very different properties.
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Well then, since I am 62 I guess I shouldn't eat:

Orange juice: I don't like the calorie hit but I cold glass of frshly squeezed is nice once in a while. And what will I us to make mimosas?
    whole wheat bread: Because my daughter has a glutem problem we don't have this in the house,so I guess that I'm good there.
    Soy milk: makes me gag.
    Margarine: since back in the day when you squeezed the bag of oleo to mix in the colour (a Canadian thing) I have never been able to stomach this crap.
    Artificial Sweeteners: Touch my daily Diet Pepsi and YOU DIE!!!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited May 2015
    Whittedo wrote: »
    Well then, since I am 62 I guess I shouldn't eat:

Orange juice:I don't like the calorie hit but I cold glass of frshly squeezed is nice once in a while. And what will I us to make mimosas?
    whole wheat bread:Because my daughter has a glutem problem we don't have this in the house,so I guess that I'm good there.
    Soy milk: makes me gag.
    Margarine:since back in the day when you squeezed the bag of oleo to mix in the colour (a Canadian thing) I have never been able to stomach this crap.
    Artificial Sweeteners: Touch my daily Diet Pepsi and YOU DIE!!!

EXACTLY!!!!