Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    med704s wrote: »
    If I "blow" a day, I always stuff myself (literally) and SWEAR that I will get back on track the following day. Well, I have done that everyday for the past month and have gained all the weight back that I had lost previously. Now I have to lose the 15 pounds all over again. :-( I wish there was some way I could change this mindset (in that if I exceed the amount of "allotted" calories per day that I stuff myself the rest of the day)?! Anyway, that is my confession!

I once saw a meme that said something like eating like crap for a whole day because you had one bad meal is like taking a sledge hammer to an iphone just because you got a crack in the screen.
    Brilliant. I'm going to remember this next time this happens to me (eating too much, not smashing my phone :P)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    my guilty pleasure? I keep a jar of peanut M&Ms next to my rack. Grab 10 as I watch tv. Learned that if I eat what I crave...in strict moderation Im golden..keeps binge eating away...happens if I'm not on point when I drink..oh..yeah...I like 3 pints o Guiness on the weekends...and a couple of Irish Car Bombs..n smoking a cigar...then ridin my zx10 along the coastline balls out on the way home...already lost a testacle on a high speed accident....that is totally another story!
    Is your confession drunk driving? :/
    Also, I find the drink name 'Irish Car Bomb' to be highly offensive. As someone who grew up in the UK during the troubles, and knew people directly affected by the terrorism, I can't find it funny or edgy.

No apologies for the judgement.

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I bought a colouring book for grown ups and pencil crayons last night, and spent a good hour colouring when I got home. Yes, I'm 30 years old. No, I'm not ashamed.

Totally me... And I don't have an adult coloring book. I have the only coloring book I could find in this country: "The Boys' Jumbo Coloring Book". ;)

I totally over paid for the coloring book, I could've just gone to the dollar store and bought a couple cheap books, but oh well. I had a gift card left from Christmas so I was able to use that :)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    my guilty pleasure? I keep a jar of peanut M&Ms next to my rack. Grab 10 as I watch tv. Learned that if I eat what I crave...in strict moderation Im golden..keeps binge eating away...happens if I'm not on point when I drink..oh..yeah...I like 3 pints o Guiness on the weekends...and a couple of Irish Car Bombs..n smoking a cigar...then ridin my zx10 along the coastline balls out on the way home...already lost a testacle on a high speed accident....that is totally another story!
    Also, I find the drink name 'Irish Car Bomb' to be highly offensive. As someone who grew up in the UK during the troubles, and knew people directly affected by the terrorism, I can't find it funny or edgy.

I know this wasn't my post, but I didn't realize this could be offensive.., and to be honest, I don't know what troubles you mean. (sorry I'm uneducated on this)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

I know this wasn't my post, but I didn't realize this could be offensive.., and to be honest, I don't know what troubles you mean. (sorry I'm uneducated on this)

If you read the Wikipedia article about the drink there's a link to the troubles.

But in short, the troubles was 30 years of unrest and fighting, mostly within Northern Ireland that resulted in the deaths of over 3,500 people and the injuring of over 47,500.

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    med704s wrote: »
    If I "blow" a day, I always stuff myself (literally) and SWEAR that I will get back on track the following day. Well, I have done that everyday for the past month and have gained all the weight back that I had lost previously. Now I have to lose the 15 pounds all over again. :-( I wish there was some way I could change this mindset (in that if I exceed the amount of "allotted" calories per day that I stuff myself the rest of the day)?! Anyway, that is my confession!

I once saw a meme that said something like eating like crap for a whole day because you had one bad meal is like taking a sledge hammer to an iphone just because you got a crack in the screen.

I've seen one that said it's like getting a flat tire when you're halfway to your destination, and instead of just changing the tire and continuing, you puncture the other tires, smash the car with a sledgehammer, set it on fire, and go back home.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I bought a colouring book for grown ups and pencil crayons last night, and spent a good hour colouring when I got home. Yes, I'm 30 years old. No, I'm not ashamed.

Totally me... And I don't have an adult coloring book. I have the only coloring book I could find in this country: "The Boys' Jumbo Coloring Book". ;)

I totally over paid for the coloring book, I could've just gone to the dollar store and bought a couple cheap books, but oh well. I had a gift card left from Christmas so I was able to use that :)

Your post actually got me thinking about some "grown up" coloring books I saw on Amazon back when I was searching up and down for them here. They were like 7-10 dollars for 15 pages (or was it 15 dollars for 30 pages...?) or something absolutely ridiculous like that. Which was sad, because they were really cool. Then I got my coloring book full of little boys, aliens, skateboards, and dinosaurs and didn't care anymore... ;)

Funny but true: While I was searching for a coloring book here in Saudi Arabia, my mom also went hunting for one for me in Oman so I could bring it back home the next time I visited family, and SHE couldn't find anything "grown up" either... So, she bought me a jumbo Dora the Explorer coloring book. ;)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I had no idea the significant behind the name of the drink until a few months ago the boyfriend was visiting from the UK and explained it to me :( Before that I never gave it a second thought.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    eMka11 wrote: »
    When I was 12 or 13 my best school friend told me you can summon devil by looking in the mirror and calling his name 3 times, then she started to call... I was in tears begging her to stop after she said it for the second time. I was petrified!

At 50 I still don't look into a mirror in the dark, I am to afraid.

I have never been able to actually say "Bloody Mary" three times in front of the mirror. I mean, the odds of something actually happening are pretty slim, but why take the chance?!

Does anyone else hate when their feet are outside of the blanket or over the bed?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    margfish wrote: »
    I confess that our BBQ just ended and I must have eaten about 5000 calories. I really went off the deep end. It's going to take me awhile to bounce back from this one. :(

Sounds like you had a good time at least:).
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I take pleasure in that my b i t c h cousin and aunt have gained weight. >:) My aunt lost a lot of weight and has gained at least twenty pounds back.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    When I was 12 or 13 my best school friend told me you can summon devil by looking in the mirror and calling his name 3 times, then she started to call... I was in tears begging her to stop after she said it for the second time. I was petrified!

I have never been able to actually say "Bloody Mary" three times in front of the mirror. I mean, the odds of something actually happening are pretty slim, but why take the chance?!

Does anyone else hate when their feet are outside of the blanket or over the bed?

Eee oh yes I do!! I hate if any body part hangs over the bed! I'm 29 and still think monsters live under my bed! :o
  • lesliezimmer
    lesliezimmer Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I eat parmesan cheese by the spoonful. So good. So many calories... haha.
  • Khole888
    Khole888 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    lisaw19855 wrote: »
    I weigh myself daily but don't log it, I accept the fluctuations and usually know why (no poop, too much sodium) but I hate seeing in on my little graph thing.

Same. I only log if I lost something. Lol.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options

Me, but that has nothing to do with monsters, just my feet getting cold.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I underate by a couple hundred calories for two days and then had ~400 extra yesterday. Instead of having it show I went over I split it up and added the food to the low days. In the grand scheme of things it's still a deficit but I felt like I was cheating haha.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

YES!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I have to admit..I was pretty excited to wake up this morning and be down .2 on the scale after eating 5 slices of pizza, cake, ice cream, and a plate of fruit salad including chocolate covered fruit yesterday at a birthday party. Anytime I eat that much pizza, the sodium will add about 3 pounds of water weight the next morning. SCORE!
    Here's to hoping my sodium-packed lunch and dessert from today will yield the same result tomorrow morning!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Wow not many posts today.

I was totally stalking the buffet at our friends today. Was basically waiting and testing out every new dessert that showed up. No regrets though, for once. Actually enjoying being full as it hasn't happened in a few days. And motivated to get back on track tomorrow.

I was almost the thinnest person there too and someone I've known for 10 years asked me how I managed to stay so skinny. I didn't really know what to say... especially as I had been stuffing my face for an hour. So I said 'not by eating like this, that's for sure'. Not sure how she took it...
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I confess that I majorly fell off the wagon the past couple of months by binging a lot & restricting. On Thursday I ate a pint & one serving of Ben & Jerry's Save Our Swirled, a whole pint of Talenti Coconut Chocolate Chip, & Arby's. I weighed myself today & it said 160 which I assume some of the weight gain is from going over sodium the past few days, but I am not going to deny that most of it came from binging. I think my biggest problem is my days off from work & eating too many calories in the morning & afternoon & then feeling ravenous in the late afternoon & night. I am going to try to space out my meals on my days off & see how it goes.

I also confess that I am listening to Hazard by Richard Marx on Youtube. Who killed Mary? Mullet Haired Richard Marx or the Sheriff?

44ed07bcf50e122cc180ceb3cde1e470.jpg