"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Cardio: Walked for about 2.85 miles in 70 minutes on the treadmill.... Burned 225 calories.

Strength: Squats: 5x5x125; Overhead press: 5x5x75; Deadlift: 1x5x165; hip abductors: 3x8x145; hip adductors: 3x8x145.

Assessment: I stayed within maintenance calories [but I still have 100 lbs to lose]. I need to increase my water intake, but we have a bacteria scare here now, so I need to buy some water. I still feel drained. I've been eating at or above maintenance, but I still feel so out of it. I don't know if it's because I just started lifting or what. I will try to stick with this SL 5x5 program.

Welcome! When I started StrongLifts 5x5, it wiped me out the first few weeks. Definitely expect it to take some time to adjust.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm being good this week and taking another rest day. Wanted to walk the dog but figured I probably needed to rest the hip more than I needed the walk. It's beginning to feel better and I don't want to jinx it. Going to the gym both Sat and Sun to get at least 4 days in but still working on arms, core and some sort of, easy on my hip, cardio....... ;) I'm eating under 1600 today since I skipped the walk.

Hope you all have a great Memorial Day Weekend...............we're going to the beach one day, if the weather improves just a little, and then getting together with friends on Monday. Food may be dicey though.....LOL

TGIF and a 3 Day Weekend!!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! Got hired and this morning I'm putting out a list where people can sign up to get a complimentary 30 min session with me. This is how I usually get clientele in the beginning. Also looking to implement some group training programs to the club at no cost to them. Will also talk to the Group Fitness director to see if she'd like me to also instruct in any group strength and cardio kickboxing classes.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: I did alright.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Congrats, Niner!

Happy Saturday!

Cardio: 11 mile run. The heat & humidity got to me (should've started earlier), so there was some walking in there. Also was my first long run in a fasted state and taking a new kind of sports drink. I'm doing testing to improve my GI issues on half and longer distances. The Tailwind Nutrition seemed good, think it was the fasted state plus heat that slowed me down. Average pace 13:04/mile. Time: 2:23:53.

Food: on target.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Welcome! When I started StrongLifts 5x5, it wiped me out the first few weeks. Definitely expect it to take some time to adjust.

Thanks, Brandiuntz, for the welcome. Yeah, I felt it today as well with my lifts. I must have been looking quite horrible today with my squats because a stranger came up behind me and spotted me, lol. He did compliment me on my depth, though. Hello to everyone and Congrats to Niner.

Yesterday:
    Cardio: Walked 6.25 miles at various speeds and inclines on the treadmill [550 calories]

Assessment: I ate way too much.

Today:
    Cardio: Walked 6 miles at various speeds and inclines on the treadmill [550 calories].

Strength: Squats:5x5x130, bench press: 5x5x105, barbell row: 5x5x95.

Assessment: I did OK with food today. I've been holding the barbell row at 95 lbs until I felt like I was completing reps, I think I can move on to 100 lbs now. I failed bench pressing 100 lbs for two workouts in a row [couldn't get the last 1 or 2 sets], so 105 lbs didn't seem that tough today. My squats were horrible today, but I completed all sets. I will hold the weight for a while, I think.

• luluinca
    Options
    Welcome to the group Undecided. :)

Congrats on the new job Niner, I think they're probably lucky to have you!!!!

I had a pretty good day considering I'm still nursing the hip along. We had a surprise lunch invitation but I managed without killing my day and stayed under easily. Tomorrow I'll take it a little easier and get a big swim in.

Exercise: 15 min warmup including 2X 10 pushups, 2X 60 sec forearm planks, 2X 15 situps w/12 lb ball, 2X 20 crunch twist w/12 lb ball, 10 BW squats, 5 min stairmaster level 4. 45 min strength training including 3X 10 cable row w/30/30, 3X 10 rev delt cable w/7.5, 3X 10 cable I fly @ 12, 3X 10 cable chest press w/20/20, 3X 8 each single arm bent over row w/35 lbs, single arm press 12@20 lbs, 10 @ 25 lbs, 8@ 27.5 lbs, 4X 30 steps over head KB walk w/25 lbs. 10 min treadmill 3.5 mph at 10% incline.

Hope you're all enjoying the 3 day weekend!!!!
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thanks and Hello, Luluinca.

Cardio: Today, I walked 6 miles on the treadmill, burning 700 calories.

Happy early Memorial Day.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Sunday, everyone!

Cardio: 6 mile run, easy pace. Felt much better today. The cooler temps helped, plus was running the evening, which is the time I'm used to.

Food: on target calorie-wise, but low protein due to the cookies!
  • luluinca
    Options
    Happy Memorial Day...............heading out later to breakfast with friends and a visit to Riverside National where my parents are buried. My dad was an Army Air Corps Bombardier and flew 36 missions over Germany and my husband is a Viet Nam Vet so I'm obviously proud, as we all are, of our veterans. The cemetery is really beautiful on Memorial Day as it's a Veteran's Cemetery and covered with flags and flowers.....................and lots of people.

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday for a swim so I'm going this morning instead and hope to get in a nice calisthenic warm up beforehand. I've already searched the restaurant menu and will be having an egg white omelet with fruit............and even with an english muffin it's all under 500 calories. I'm proud of the way I've handled three restaurant meals this weekend.

Back to normal tomorrow..............Hooray!
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Thanks, Brandiuntz, for the welcome. Yeah, I felt it today as well with my lifts. I must have been looking quite horrible today with my squats because a stranger came up behind me and spotted me, lol. He did compliment me on my depth, though. Hello to everyone and Congrats to Niner.

Yesterday:
    Cardio: Walked 6.25 miles at various speeds and inclines on the treadmill [550 calories]

Assessment: I ate way too much.

Today:
    Cardio: Walked 6 miles at various speeds and inclines on the treadmill [550 calories].

Strength: Squats:5x5x130, bench press: 5x5x105, barbell row: 5x5x95.

Assessment: I did OK with food today. I've been holding the barbell row at 95 lbs until I felt like I was completing reps, I think I can move on to 100 lbs now. I failed bench pressing 100 lbs for two workouts in a row [couldn't get the last 1 or 2 sets], so 105 lbs didn't seem that tough today. My squats were horrible today, but I completed all sets. I will hold the weight for a while, I think.
    Welcome and good job!!! Looking forward to hearing about your workouts. Also if you have any questions, feel free to ask me since I'm a Certified Personal trainer.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    Happy Memorial Day...............heading out later to breakfast with friends and a visit to Riverside National where my parents are buried. My dad was an Army Air Corps Bombardier and flew 36 missions over Germany and my husband is a Viet Nam Vet so I'm obviously proud, as we all are, of our veterans. The cemetery is really beautiful on Memorial Day as it's a Veteran's Cemetery and covered with flags and flowers.....................and lots of people.

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday for a swim so I'm going this morning instead and hope to get in a nice calisthenic warm up beforehand. I've already searched the restaurant menu and will be having an egg white omelet with fruit............and even with an english muffin it's all under 500 calories. I'm proud of the way I've handled three restaurant meals this weekend.

Back to normal tomorrow..............Hooray!
    Bet you're really proud of him. My mom and dad are retired service people too. Both were in the Air Force, my mom starting out as a flight nurse.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Happy Memorial day! Heading into to the LVTC today to work on rebuilding a new client base and get a workout in. My DD is kinda excited to be back here and looks forward to swimming more again in the heated pool.

Cardio: run/jog 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: My cousin's party was long, but she heads back to the Philippines so the party was a blast!
  • luluinca
    Options
    Back to reality. I got my swim in yesterday and meet up with my trainer this morning. Hip's a little better but not well yet. I think it's going to be another 2 or 3 weeks before I can get back to my normal workouts...... :'(

Yesterday's exercise: 25 min calisthenic/strength warmup including 3X 10 standard pushups, 3X 12 situps w/12 lb ball, 3X 20 crunch twists w/12 lb ball, 3X 10 renegade rows w/20 lbs, 60 sec forearm plank, 60 sec basic plank, 5 min stairs level 5, 2X 10 overhead tricep extension w/15/15 lbs, 2X 12 lateral raises w/8/8 lbs. 35 minute swim.

I kept under my calorie goal all weekend so I'm pretty proud of myself. We ate out once each day with friends but I made the best choices and really ate light around those restaurant meals. One of my better holiday weekends. :p

Have a great "short" week!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Working on meeting some of the people at the gym and getting acquainted again. It's going to take time to build up my client base again.

Cardio: jog/walk 2 mile (300 calories)

Strength: hamstrings and shoulders- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals. 12,10,8,6 reps for 4 sets.

Assessment: Had a good day yesterday.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Hi all!!!

Had a nice training session and a lot of reassurances regarding my hip..............it's really only temporary.......and actually is feeling better tonight. I get so impatient not training the way I want and my trainer is so great about steering my focus elsewhere. Thank God!!! And...............my PR bench press went up 15 lbs.....LOL

Exercise: 15 min warmup including pushups, planks, stairmaster. 50 min strength training w/Brent including bench press: 10 @ 45 lbs > 6 @ 65 lbs > 5 @ 85 lbs > 3 @ 95 lbs (PR) and 2 @ 105 lbs assisted, speed presses 5 @ 45 lbs, 55 lbs, 65 lbs and 75 lbs. 2X 10 each TRX single arm row, 2X 10 TRX TYI.

Food: Right around 1700...........I actually lost about .5 lb over the weekend so I'm pretty happy with my holiday eating. My trainer reminded me today that the scale doesn't really matter much at this point for me. I'm looking for strength gains and the weight will settle where it settles. That's a tough concept but I'm trying........

• brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Took Monday as a rest day.

Cardio: 5.8 mile run, 60 minutes. Easy pace.

Food: on target.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! Going to go out and check out Crunch Fitness in Danville. Applied and already have an interview set up for next Tuesday. Warriors play tonight also!!!! Let's win this!!!!

Cardio: run/jog- 2 miles (400 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: I did alright yesterday.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Today and tomorrow I'm only walking the dog. We did about 2.5 miles today and the hip felt pretty good. I walked a slightly slower pace than normal and avoided the hilly route but maybe tomorrow we'll step it up a bit. I'm trying to resist going to the gym 5 days/week right now and only go 4..............uggghhh!

Calories will be under 1650 today but a little high on the fat. Not too bad all in all though.

Hump Day!!!!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!!

Strength training:

Bench Press: 1x5x65lb, 3x5x75lb

OHP: 1x5x45lb, 3x5x50lb

Pendlay Row: 1x5x65lb, 1x5x75lb

Plank: 1x60sec.

Flutter Kicks: 3x20

Food: on target
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! Continuing to use the elevation mask on all my walks and hikes. Can notice that my breathing is much deeper and that I seem to be utilizing oxygen more efficiently.
    Excited to listen to the local sports station this morning (one of the hosts was doubting the Warriors could win it) so I can hear some crow be eaten. I listen to them whenever I'm out doing cardio.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: back- pullups, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 12,10,8,6 x 4 sets

Assessment: Pretty good yesterday.