Not losing weight and very frustrated.

Options

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    @kshama2001 where did that meme go when you need it?
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    kk :0 thought you meant it isnt much lol

but we agree

I see also entrees of 2 cups of oats and like 1 banana..... we all know that are calorie hogs and need to be weighed out.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @kshama2001 where did that meme go when you need it?

I'll save that. I'd prefer to be helpful here.

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    besaro wrote: »
    i see you quoting a lot of excuses. stop using them and start weighing your food.

I really want to smack those of you who seem so smug about it's all my fault cause I'm eating more then I'm expending. I"M NOT!!! I AM EATING AT A DEFICIT!!!!!

everyone already said to measure all food by weight, not volume

can't know that you've been eating at a deficit previously if you were not doing this
  • pedidiva
    pedidiva Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Is your thyroid working correctly? At TSH of 3, start replacement. Losing weight while on Seroquel is hard, but can be done. I use a food scale & it has really helped. Good luck.
  • marymickaela
    marymickaela Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I use a digital scale. Yes, I was using MFP for the apples, and will start using my scale from now on, however, for most everything else, I use the digital scale or what the food package states. like my slice of break. Like I said many days I'm not even eating 1,000 calories so accounting for making mistakes I should still be under and certainly not gain 3lbs in the last two weeks. Many people on MFP state that even 1,200 is too low.

Since it looks to you like I'm not open to any of your suggestions (which is not true, it's just the way it's presented that's upsetting) and that I just want to make more excuses this will be my last post. For those of you who sincerely tried to help me I say thank you. Good luck to all of you in your weight loss journey.
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    pedidiva wrote: »
    Is your thyroid working correctly? At TSH of 3, start replacement. Losing weight while on Seroquel is hard, but can be done. I use a food scale & it has really helped. Good luck.

Not even remotely applicable following thyroid cancer.
  • marymickaela
    Options
    I am adding one more thing. I will weigh every bite that goes into my mouth for the next two weeks and post back the results.

Yes, my thyroid levels are within normal limits at this time. However, the endocrinologist is monitoring a small growth they've discovered during an ultrasound.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. Are you exercising? Makes all the difference to me and will help tone and give you better shape.

As for people saying there's no such thing as meds that give you weight gain, there are meds that make it a lot harder to lose weight. My cousin had leukaemia and the steroids made and continue to make it much harder to be slim. OP asked for advice and help.

I'd agree with those who say try weighing on a different day of the week if Sunday is your gorging day!

Weighing monthly and taking measurements of waist and hips could be worth trying.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I use a digital scale. Yes, I was using MFP for the apples, and will start using my scale from now on, however, for most everything else, I use the digital scale or what the food package states. like my slice of break. Like I said many days I'm not even eating 1,000 calories so accounting for making mistakes I should still be under and certainly not gain 3lbs in the last two weeks. Many people on MFP state that even 1,200 is too low.

Since it looks to you like I'm not open to any of your suggestions (which is not true, it's just the way it's presented that's upsetting) and that I just want to make more excuses this will be my last post. For those of you who sincerely tried to help me I say thank you. Good luck to all of you in your weight loss journey.

Weigh packaged food. It's eye opening. I've had pieces of bread weigh out to be 50% more than the stated package weight.

Also? What are your stats? I haven't reread the thread from the beginning. How tall are you and what do you currently weigh?

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Current weight is in her ticker. Don't know about height

I'm not sure what the OP is doing, but using cups entries doesn't automatically mean not weighing. With a little bit of math, you can use the cups entry since sometimes it can be a pain to find the grams entry or there may not be one... Options are to create a new entry or use cups entry, which will still be representative of the right calories, macros, etc

OP mentioned being on some sort of diet and perhaps consuming too much dressing like olive oil. Yeap that can add up pretty quick. Some things that are healthy for you pack a pretty dense calorie punch. I'd also want to know which actual diet she's on since that could be fairly insightful. I'll bookmark the thread for the five week update. That's just one week before you can cry uncle. Plateau is anecdotally defined as 6-8 weeks of doing everything right and no weight loss...
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    Yeah, a lot of my diary entries say cups things, but I weigh out gram equivalents. It's just how the data base is. Her intake is high for her age, though. I do wonder how tall she is.
  • marymickaela
    Options
    Last September when we went to Europe for 3 weeks I ate like a pig and I do mean a pig. Lasagna for dinner 3 nights a week. The 9 night cruise had a buffet and the dinners were 5 course. I left weighing 165lbs and came back expecting to weigh at least 10lbs heavier. Shocker! I still weighed 165lbs. Why? Because we walked our butts off. Since starting the Seroquel I'm now to around 182.
  • PeachyCarol
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Last September when we went to Europe for 3 weeks I ate like a pig and I do mean a pig. Lasagna for dinner 3 nights a week. The 9 night cruise had a buffet and the dinners were 5 course. I left weighing 165lbs and came back expecting to weigh at least 10lbs heavier. Shocker! I still weighed 165lbs. Why? Because we walked our butts off. Since starting the Seroquel I'm now to around 182.

Please stop fixating on the Seroquel. It still needs calories to cause you to gain weight. It might have slowed your metabolism, but you could adjust your caloric intake for that. Did your doctor also advise you to have your thyroid tested?

How tall are you? Your caloric goal is high for a sedentary woman your age.

• Hulbert0089
    Hulbert0089 Posts: 97 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good chance its the cheat day. Also how you treat a cheat day. I know some that treat it like its their last meal. I don't use a cheat day unless there is an event I don't want to stress about eating steak and potatoes. Even then I try to be sensible.
  • marymickaela
    Options
    I'm 5ft 4in. I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow and see if I can get in this week. BTW: I weighed my gala apple and it came out to 5oz and 75 calories for those of you bashing my apple weighing accuracy. I set my calorie intake at 1600, but truthfully stay around 1200 most days as I feel the 1600 is too high. Today I ate 1,000 cal. I am on a diet called Beyond Diet, but have pretty much given up the parts that didn't feel right, like too much butter and olive oil. It allowed huge amounts. The one good thing it did do for me was getting back on a healthy eating program and getting back to logging my food on MFP. I was somewhat impulse/binge eating before that. Now I feel so much more in control. I just want to say I'm in no way recommending this diet.

And let me correct a comment made about my cheat day. I was not gorging myself. Yesterday, I had popcorn with some butter and two cookies. That was my cheat. I still ate at a deficit.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    so why do you log it as 80 calories? ( the apple)
    And not as 75

we are not bashing you wanted to know why you are not losing weight....not losing = eating in maintance
    gaining = eating to much
    For everybody no matter the diet your are on.

And what is a cheat day for you is normal for me, every night a full huge bowl of popcorn ( 300 calories total) And i mean every night since a half year!
    But then again i weigh everything so i know accectly what i get and can eat for my 1200 to 1300 calories a day.

lkv2k7uklmft.jpg

Leaves the discussion its enough
    many people explained

hope you have a good journey and that your problem will be solved soon.

• criscat
    criscat Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well, if you are doing everything right and still not loosing weight, maybe you are a special case of homo sapiens. Or god made you that way, if you will. In that case you must accept your fate and learn to be happy with what you got.
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options

Please stop fixating on the Seroquel. It still needs calories to cause you to gain weight. It might have slowed your metabolism, but you could adjust your caloric intake for that. Did your doctor also advise you to have your thyroid tested?

How tall are you? Your caloric goal is high for a sedentary woman your age.

^This. I know a lot of people focus on the meds, but while they may potentially slow your metabolism, they cannot magically create calories out of thin air. As I said earlier in this thread, I'm on Seroquel as well as Paxil, which is notorious for "causing weight gain", yet I'm losing 2lbs a week, and they didn't cause me to gain when I first when on them. What caused my weight gain was pure, unadulterated, gluttony. Once I got that under control, the weight started falling off, completely unhampered by the meds.