fast metabolism diet

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I'm well aware of what I NEED to do. That I don't need help on, I lost 60 pounds on my own before I had my son. I'm just having a harder time trying to loose the weight. All I wanted was reviews on this book. Not someone telling me how to lose weight. These community posts meant to help people and encourage people, or at least I thought

if you have all the answers then why are you here?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I DO NOT EAT BACK ANY EXERCISE CALORIES BECAUSE I HAVE NO CLUE HOW MANY I BURNED. I strictly eat 1600 calories and that's it. I like to write stuff down more than putting it on here. That's it. I know exactly what I eat, and how much. There's no over eating or eating back any other calories.

sounds like it is working out great for you ..

good luck
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Read the one-star reviews of that "Fast Metabolism Diet" on amazon - they are quite informative.
  • cbowman1114
    cbowman1114 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Funny, I lost 60 pounds and at that time I didn't know this app existed
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

So why are you here? You are ignoring everyone's advice and insisting that it should be working because it did in the past. Clearly it isn't.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    gtichman wrote: »
    cbowman1114, I have read (3) of Haylie Pomroy's books, and bought one, the "Fast Metabolism Cookbook". Amazon has generally favorable reviews of the receipes, and many readers found the diet helpful, although I would tend to think they were far more sedentary than you, because she really advocates very light exercise. The books are heavy on promoting Haylie Pomroy, and her products. I did try one product, her vegan pea protein powder, and I have to say, it was really good, although way overpriced. I now have switched to mostly plant-based protein powders, because of this product (it's very digestible--I have lactose intolerance, although whey doesn't bother me that much). I didn't end up following her diet because there is so much cooking!! (same problem with Paleo). Even though I'm retired and I have time, I don't like spending hours and hours cooking and chopping. Her "burn" book is probably the worst of the three, I wouldn't recommend it. I would suggest looking at it in the library or in a bookstore before you buy it. Not only are there many, many food exclusions, but if you're addicted to caffeine, you have to give that up too, and for many readers that was the worst part. I just couldn't wrap my brain around so little exercise. I have lost 34 pounds using MFP and an UP wristband together, and am almost at target weight, but struggling with the last few pounds. The Haylie Pomroy book especially targets women with hormone problems: adrenal fatigue, insulin resistance, high cortisol, etc. I think the low exercise thing is supposed to help with Leptin Resistance (google it).

The problem is that most of that stuff is just gobbledygook, random, unproven concepts put together like a Lego set in the dark. It's a lot of shiny objects designed for self-puffery, like putting glitter on a toilet paper tube. The grift has been around for decades, if not centuries.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Haylie Pomroy advocates coffee enemas. I don't buy products from anyone who can't understand how to properly put coffee into a human body.
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism naturally drops when you lose weight, because there is less of you and your energy needs decrease. On the flip side, your metabolism goes up when you gain weight. Unless you have a medical condition, your BMR will stay pretty consistent with your weight and some genetic and physiological factors, while your TDEE fluctuates daily based on how much you moved that specific day. So the only way to get a faster metabolism is to bulk - either get really fat, or do heavy lifting and increase your muscle mass.
  • ndj1979
    Options

and yet here you are....
  • cbowman1114
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I would like help but not bashing and people making fun of me. That's not why I'm on here. I want to start lifting but really don't know where to begin with it. Last time when I lost the weight only did cardio and no weight training. I also have a underactive thyroid
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    What happens when week 4 is over. Do you go back to eating the way you were before, because that makes me think that the weight you lost would come right back.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    ARE YOU USING A FOOD SCALE??? <---hey look I found the capslock key too :D

Seriously op, ^that is usually the problem if people aren't losing. Drives me crazy when people skip by the food scale question and just say they know what they're eating and are measuring their food. Measuring how? How did you determine 1600?
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Total fad diet. Amongst all the other ones out there.
  • cbowman1114
    Options
    I use a food scale, yes.
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I would like help but not bashing and people making fun of me. That's not why I'm on here. I want to start lifting but really don't know where to begin with it. Last time when I lost the weight only did cardio and no weight training. I also have a underactive thyroid

Have you seen a doctor about controlling your Thyroid function? It has a slight effect on your metabolism that you need to consider when calculating how much you eat. A doctor or good nutritionist should help you out.

As for lifting, do a search here. There are a ton of great threads to get you started. Go into this section: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/fitness-and-exercise and look at the stickies to get started, then do some digging if you're interested.
  • cbowman1114
    Options

Have you seen a doctor about controlling your Thyroid function? It has a slight effect on your metabolism that you need to consider when calculating how much you eat. A doctor or good nutritionist should help you out.

As for lifting, do a search here. There are a ton of great threads to get you started. Go into this section: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/fitness-and-exercise and look at the stickies to get started, then do some digging if you're interested.

Thank you for the help! And yes I am on medication for it, and when I told her about me not losing weight her only advice was for me to start eating 800 calories a day! So needless to say that didn't help much :/
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Haylie Pomroy has helped countless clients lose up to 20 pounds in just 4 weeks –all through the fat-burning power of food. Hailed as “the metabolism whisperer,” Haylie reminds us that food is not the enemy, it’s the rehab needed to rev-up your sluggish, broken-down metabolism and turn your body into a fat-burning furnace.
    Comedy gold, that.
  • BOC57
    BOC57 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Like I've said i know what I need to do. I have been eating 1600 calories a day for almost 4 weeks now(eating clean), drinking a gallon of water a day, and working out 5 days a week, and BOOM! I haven't even lost a pound. It's very discouraging. I'm doing all the same things I did before I had my son and was very successful in my weight loss, and now it's just not coming off.

You don't need to "eat clean" to lose weight. If you aren't losing, you aren't in a deficit. Either your food logging isn't accurate (not weighing, or inaccurate database entries), or exercise calories are being overestimated. Additionally, eating closer to maintenance when you should be eating less is another culprit.