Couch to 5k challenge

Options
124»

Replies

• kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    After seeing everyone talk about Couch to 5K on these forums, curiousity got the best of me. And I Googled. I thought, "I can do that!" And so, I'm starting today--with goals of Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday this week. When I get home from work today (where I am obviously working hard...not). I'm downloading the pod cast, getting the dog's leash--and heading out!

Add me and keep me going--and I'll do the same!
  • aash28
    aash28 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I started Saturday. I'm definitely not a runner, but it was very doable! I'm actually anticipating the run today. If you're downloading the ipod app, I recommend the teal and sage colored one. It's nice because it tells you when to switch from running to walking and it also allows you to use your own music from your ipod. Here is the website: http://www.c25kapp.com/
    Good luck! : )
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Completed W3D1 yesterday. Will try to complete W3 this week, lots of committments going on but I will find the time. :-)
  • Loopyluc
    Loopyluc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You guys are all doing so well! I have my first 5km at the end of July. I started jogging in Jan, and i can now run the 5k in 30mins... wooop, and getting faster each time (kept having a few weeks off, which set me back!) Ihavent followed the couch to plans, i started being able to job for 30secs then giving up, and just kept upping it each time! I am now helping someone else start to jog, which is great motivation for me and her!

We are all fab :)
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    There is a C25K group that is starting today for people that are just starting W1 D1 of the program. Here is the link to the thread:http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/247329-couch-to-5k-start-today
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    After seeing everyone talk about Couch to 5K on these forums, curiousity got the best of me. And I Googled. I thought, "I can do that!" And so, I'm starting today--with goals of Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday this week. When I get home from work today (where I am obviously working hard...not). I'm downloading the pod cast, getting the dog's leash--and heading out!

Add me and keep me going--and I'll do the same!

Can I suggest that you do Mon, Weds, Fri instead? Or some other combo of every other day? You really do need to have a day in between each session to give your body a chance to recover.

I hope you enjoy it - it's a fabulous programme!
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Doing W5D1 when I get home from work...not gonna lie, I am a little bit nervous. :ohwell:
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Doing W5D1 when I get home from work...not gonna lie, I am a little bit nervous. :ohwell:

How was it? :smile: