Couch to 5K start

Options

Replies

• louise3uk
    louise3uk Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Finding it hard to get out there due to work, the last thing I want to do after a 12 hour day or night shift is go running! And I don't think my legs would take it ha!
  • jazzagirl30
    jazzagirl30 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm in I am using the Zenlabs app as well. I've just done threw W1D2 this morning :)
  • Graceraeg
    Graceraeg Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone who is doing this! By Saturday I will be starting week 2. Today is week 1 day 2 for me.
  • maggieeric1
    maggieeric1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great job! I did week two day one yesterday. Keep going it will get easier.
  • SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I did Week 1 Day 3 yesterday, and I'm going to do Week 2 Day 1 sometime today!
  • laurende1022
    laurende1022 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just downloaded the app, going to start today after work. I need people to keep me accountable! lol
  • StampingJen
    StampingJen Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just completed Week 2 day 3. I tried it a couple years ago and dropped around week 4. That was inside on a treadmill though. Running outside feels totally different and I'm loving it so far! That is huge for me because I've never liked running, even as a kid!
  • mday2107
    mday2107 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ok.... Week 1 day 1 completed. Wow am I out of shape :). But I did it! And that's an accomplishment in itself.
  • misswillpower
    misswillpower Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just downloaded the app, going to start today after work. I need people to keep me accountable! lol

How was your first day? Yes I need accountability too.
  • tess453
    tess453 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Iv signed up for a 5k in August so will give this a try! Will have to fit it around my cycling training (50m event in 7 weeks!) so won't have set days.

Glad to see its worked for others! I currently can't even run 1k so this is going to be tough!! :'(
  • SimoneBee12
    Options
    tess453 wrote: »
    Iv signed up for a 5k in August so will give this a try! Will have to fit it around my cycling training (50m event in 7 weeks!) so won't have set days.

Glad to see its worked for others! I currently can't even run 1k so this is going to be tough!! :'(

Good luck!

I'm going to sign up for a 5km in August too, probably next week once I know I can run for at least a few minutes, and that I haven't given up. I'm feeling really committed and excited though, so hopefully I'll do it.
  • maggieeric1
    maggieeric1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You can do it --> to everybody on this thread
  • NEOA910
    NEOA910 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm scheduled to do W3 D3 today. Ugh!
  • djdavis75
    djdavis75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This morning I finished W1D2 as I repeated W1 from last week. I want to take it slow. I've been walking about 3 miles 3 times a week for a few months now. I start by using C25K by ZenLabs for the first part and then just finish walking until I get my 3 miles in after the app is complete. My problem is dealing with blisters, today I worked one up right on the ball of my foot. Sometimes they are on the sides, sometimes on my heals, but today was the first for the flat of my foot. I don't like wicking socks, they seem to make things worse. I've got about 3 pairs of shoes I rotate thru (all Asics). Any tips?!
  • williamsfam1997
    williamsfam1997 Posts: 14 Member
    Options

How was your first day? Yes I need accountability too.

Mee too but oklahoma is getting poured on and it's basically impossible to plan a run has to be a spur of the moment catch it when it's not raining thing for now
  • SimoneBee12
    Options
    djdavis75 wrote: »
    This morning I finished W1D2 as I repeated W1 from last week. I want to take it slow. I've been walking about 3 miles 3 times a week for a few months now. I start by using C25K by ZenLabs for the first part and then just finish walking until I get my 3 miles in after the app is complete. My problem is dealing with blisters, today I worked one up right on the ball of my foot. Sometimes they are on the sides, sometimes on my heals, but today was the first for the flat of my foot. I don't like wicking socks, they seem to make things worse. I've got about 3 pairs of shoes I rotate thru (all Asics). Any tips?!

I found that regular, slightly thicker ankle socks work great for me. I know that everyone is all "socks are the biggest thing about running", but I've had no issues with just thick ankle socks, plus they're cheap as hell, I got mine at Target. Plus, if they don't work out for you, it's not like you can't wear them for other things.

Mee too but oklahoma is getting poured on and it's basically impossible to plan a run has to be a spur of the moment catch it when it's not raining thing for now

Is it raining super hard constantly? I found that I actually run best in light run, it's cooler, and free drink! I'm kidding, but if you're going to shower anyways, getting a bit damp is fine. It hasn't rained here in ages though. Hopefully you can find time to squeeze it in!

I'm about to head out and do W2D2, two days ago was tough, but I think it was my fault for eating something different for breakfast!

• Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    This morning, I finished W6d3. I can't believe that I am able to jog 20+ minutes now! Stick with it, everyone, you will surprise yourself as you go along. I will say that I started walking a lot before starting the program so don't feel disappointed if the first few weeks are tough. I am not very fast atm, but my few lessons learned along the way (for me):

1. STRETCH- seriously, it feels good and a few minutes of stretching after the workout will make a huge difference.
    2. Water- drink it. I didn't drink much water the other day and it was so miserable, I felt awful during my jog. I don't normally drink during my run, but when my general water consumption is off (especially in the summer heat), it is no good.
    3. Shoes- If you like what you have, great. I decided due to previous ankle injuries/surgery, I would get a gait analysis and buy "proper" shoes and I love them- my shins and feet definitely hurt less. But this is my experience and not everyone feels the same.

These are things I have learned so far, but I am sure I will learn more as I run more :) Good luck, everyone!
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I finished w2d3 on Tuesday. I will begin week 3 tonight at the gym. I've actually been in pain during the walking parts of the program, and have been fine during the running parts, which I think is weird. I walk very slowly in order for my ankles not to hurt.
  • Megeffer
    Megeffer Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Finished week 3 day 2 followed by 6 miles on the bike and another mile on the elliptical before my legs told me it was time it cut it out. This is no joke. But I do feel sooooo much better.
  • SimoneBee12
    Options
    jmacaroni wrote: »
    I finished w2d3 on Tuesday. I will begin week 3 tonight at the gym. I've actually been in pain during the walking parts of the program, and have been fine during the running parts, which I think is weird. I walk very slowly in order for my ankles not to hurt.

This happens to me too! Well, it happened when I wore an ankle brace for my sore ankle. Running was fine, but every time I walked it hurt! Maybe you need thinner socks or something? That helped me a lot.