Anyone got any tips for constipation, natural remedies??

Options

Replies

• jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Great responses, I hope someone out there that reads this as needs it gets the help they need. Some people are afraid to ask in case people think they are been silly. Thanks guys! Have noted them down just in case. Maybe I should start drinking coffee in the morning again just as a precaution. Like the man says - his better to be safe than sorry!!.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    For a one time deal I would take Senekot, but for a more natural solution I would add 1 t. of melted virgin coconut oil to my diet per day for a week and see if there is a change. Be sure to log the calories though.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I will just leave this here. yn5xurefcpso.jpg
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Physical activity, lots of water, leafy greens
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Fiber, higher fat in your diet, coffee, exercise, more water, also rice or wheat bran (very high in both fiber and magnesium) and pumpkin seeds (high in both magnesium and fat). If it's the stubborn kind and you're brave, castor oil, and if all else fails senna (make sure not to use often).
  • nanokookoo
    nanokookoo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yoghurt and fat/oil. The fat seems odd but it really helps...get things through
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Turmeric.
    I take a capsule every morning and I'm grand lol.
  • sexysize12
    sexysize12 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Eat a serving of oatmeal everyday it works.
  • anrebma
    anrebma Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    msimpsonep wrote: »
    I like drinking dandelion tea :) or kombucha tea probiotics always help

kombucha tea works well. Especially if you go a day or two without it then drink a bottle lol. Also, I use Benefiber Healthy Shape and that keeps things going.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Ground linseeds (I think they call them flaxseeds in America?!?) if that doesn't work then I drink Alpine Tea, which is herbal tea with senna leaf in it.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Go to store, and buy 1 liter of diet soda.

Drink entire liter in under an hour.

Guarantee you'll be ready to go shortly thereafter, pressurized and everything.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    A bran muffin and 2 cups of coffee. Exercise can also help move things along.

For some people alcohol can make things... runnier. Usually not until the following day.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    If the constipation isn't caused by medication or a medical issue, the cause is usually too little water and fiber in the diet.
    If it's a medical issue, your friend may need extra help such as senekot.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Anytime I'm consistently eating at a deficit, I am plagued by this. If I eat carelessly, then no problems. I have tried to analyze what it is exactly that I eat differently that might explain this, but I'm stumped. The only differences in my food intake while deficit eating are less calories due to less sweet treats and less alcohol. So apparently donuts and beer are what keep me regular.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Anytime I'm consistently eating at a deficit, I am plagued by this. If I eat carelessly, then no problems. I have tried to analyze what it is exactly that I eat differently that might explain this, but I'm stumped. The only differences in my food intake while deficit eating are less calories due to less sweet treats and less alcohol. So apparently donuts and beer are what keep me regular.

Less fat in your diet can bung you up. lol
  • ActiveApril
    ActiveApril Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This is a regular problem for me. Things that help somewhat is adding a lot of bulk (apples, pears, carrots, celery, etc), regularly drinking warm lemon/cinnamon/apple cider vinegar combo in the morning, drinking a lot of water in general and taking a magnesium supplement. If you decide to go with magnesium do a google search for the different types (like magnesium citrate, magnesium glucorate, etc) as some work better than others for helping with constipation - and also drink a lot of water with them.
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Two tablespoons of pure canned pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie mix) usually helps ease things along fairly quickly.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »

Less fat in your diet can bung you up. lol

^^ Came in to say this. OP make sure your fat intake is adequate.
  • rockinrodders123
    rockinrodders123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I always find a good hot curry or other spicy food does wonders! :D
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Hope you all not bunged up! I'm taking lemon juice in water everyday and drinking a lot of water. You guys rock!