Michelle Obama wants to remake s'mores

Options

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I've been inspired by this thread to make a smore with Oreos in place of graham crackers and a Reese cup in place of Hershey chocolate. It will have a marshmallow and be made with fire so still a smore.

I will sing the national anthem while roasting the marshmallow, say a prayer for Ted Cruz as I bless it and call it the Freedom Smore.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I've been inspired by this thread to make a smore with Oreos in place of graham crackers and a Reese cup in place of Hershey chocolate. It will have a marshmallow and be made with fire so still a smore.

I will sing the national anthem while roasting the marshmallow, say a prayer for Ted Cruz as I bless it and call it the Freedom Smore.

They are also really good when you replace the graham crackers with those cookies with the thick, real chocolate on top. Just add marshmallow. You can get ones with caramel inside too. I can't think of the brand.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    It could be tasty but not a s'more.
    I like mine with dark chocolate and coconut marshmallows.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    mel-brooks-president-skroob-and-rick-moranis.jpg

I know S'mores can be a divisive delicious topic, but please keep political opinions of all kinds off the forums, otherwise we have to close the thread.

• TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I love s'mores with Cadbury's although Hersey's is good too. It needs the chocolate though.
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    kxbrown27 wrote: »
    She wants to replace the chocolate and marshmallows with vanilla yogurt and strawberries, thus turning a s'more into not a s'more. No thank you.

http://www.syracuse.com/food/index.ssf/2015/05/smores_without_chocolate_marshmallows_obama_myplate.html
    Yeah, I'm definitely not impressed either. !!!
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Some things just cannot be changed...like history!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Fail, Michelle.

...FAIL.
  • Nuke807
    Nuke807 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    is this a smore, it has the right ingredients and a campfire?

1pyjuczvzhpl.jpg

holy moly

My life is now complete, I must find one of these!
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    so- the question is- if you microwave the chocolate and cracker with a marshmellow on it instead of camp fire roast- is it a smore still?

I did this a few days ago and it tasted the same to me-the graham cracker box had directions on how to do it and I was intrigued by the idea :)
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Jaxxie1181 wrote: »
    She's an idiot. She has no nutritional education, and sits there demanding all these changes. Complete idiot, imo. I really enjoy the "school lunches make kids fat" argument she throws out 24/7. And the king size candy bars that make people obese overnight.

She's an "idiot" who has a way better looking body, and better fitness stamina, than I do, so obviously she knows something. Also, don't forget, every First Lady is hooked up with some sort of pet project. Michelle Obama's just happens to be healthy diet and being physically active. Considering the fact that most American kids are overweight, it seems like a noble goal. Anyway, I'll bow out now, since this will clearly take a very ugly political turn and I happen to like and respect the Obamas, so...yeah.

As many other have said, having a "good body look" means nothing. I know power-lifters who are triple my size & weight and have more stamina than anyone I know. Along with good vitals per checkups to go along with it.... and they are not ripped by any means.

Kids are overweight because of the crap parents feed them at home.

Example: It's baseball night.... mommy doesn't want to cook.... so she runs through a fast food joint and buys the family dinner. Her son eats a hamburger, fry, and has a pop (not diet). Not to mention the snacks he probably had once he got home before he had to go to baseball.

Some kids in America only get food at school. That's a hard fact that can't be disputed. So taking their food away and limiting them to.... small amounts of crap, is utter nonsense.

My family has done your example numerous times on soccer and hockey nights-my kids are all healthy weights and are in perfect health ;)
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    She wants to replace the chocolate and marshmallows with vanilla yogurt and strawberries, thus turning a s'more into not a s'more. No thank you.

http://www.syracuse.com/food/index.ssf/2015/05/smores_without_chocolate_marshmallows_obama_myplate.html

Marshmellows are easily made out of egg whites vanilla and sugar and then you bake it.. There is a mature adult homemade marshmellow... cant ban that
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    I saved a pack of our Easter Peeps for our camping trip this week and have enjoyed peep s'mores a couple times already! They are seriously WAY better than regular marshmallow s'mores.

I may need to try adding a peanut butter cup to s'mores though. For science.

But...but...those poor, little, adorable, squishable peeps!

The sugar gets carmelized...

That's no excuse for peepicide!

• Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Now I want s'mores.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I saved a pack of our Easter Peeps for our camping trip this week and have enjoyed peep s'mores a couple times already! They are seriously WAY better than regular marshmallow s'mores.

I may need to try adding a peanut butter cup to s'mores though. For science.

But...but...those poor, little, adorable, squishable peeps!

The sugar gets carmelized...

That's no excuse for peepicide!

br0lh06p8ggy.jpg
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    caminoslo wrote: »

Marshmellows are easily made out of egg whites vanilla and sugar and then you bake it.. There is a mature adult homemade marshmellow... cant ban that

I don't know what marshmallow recipe you used but my homemade ones has gelatin and no baking.

I'll never make those homemade again. Too much work and fear that my mixer would die.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    What kind of a psycho do you have to be to mess with something so perfect!?
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    How exactly do you roast low fat yogurt over a campfire?
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Good Question about roasting yogurt Knittnponder!

Does anyone else remember scooping out part of a banana, mixing it with choc chips and marshmallow, and baking it to melt the choc chips and soften the marshmallow? Yummy! I think I remember this from my Girl Scouting days.

70044776.png
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    GreenValli wrote: »
    Good Question about roasting yogurt Knittnponder!

Does anyone else remember scooping out part of a banana, mixing it with choc chips and marshmallow, and baking it to melt the choc chips and soften the marshmallow? Yummy! I think I remember this from my Girl Scouting days.

70044776.png

I remember doing that in Girl Scouts and I taught my kids when we went camping. Gooey sweet deliciousness!
This discussion has been closed.