Starting 30 Day Shred Today!! Who's with me? 5/11/2011

Options

Replies

• carolinenp
    carolinenp Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! :Smacks self: I'm such a bad thread starter! Skipped yesterday and today.... BUT I went to my first ever Zumba class with a friend today and it was sooo much fun! I Zumba'd so hard my sneaker fell apart!! Haha Then I came home and planted stuff in my garden. My darn faulty knee is bothering me ALREADY so I fear tomorrow but I'm soo tired of losing and gaining these same five pounds I cant stand it (right now I'm on the gain side of that five pounds :/ ). Anyway keep it up ladies... Even if yyou've stopped for a few days, pick it back up so we can finish this together!

I'd say you are ready for level two. Time to step it up! Level 2 is my favorite!

LOVE Zumba!
  • HealthiHannah
    HealthiHannah Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Checking in - this is my day 8, as last Wed I did an intense yoga workout and was so sore and every muscle still feels tired! But, I am going to get back into it today. I NEED to get back into it. I did alot of walking yesterday, but that was about it.

You all are doing so great, I am so proud of everyone keeping it up! I felt like I was ready to start level 2, but taking the break made me want to do my last 3 days of level 1. My day 11 will start level 2, which if all goes well... will be next Thursday!

Good luck to all of you, and keep posting and holding each other accountable!

Hannah
  • 44isthenew29
    44isthenew29 Posts: 141
    Options
    I'm like that too, Hannah. I like to finish a level, even if it means it will take a little longer overall.

I did my kettlebell workout tonight and I felt every swing, every squat, every thrust. I'm very tired, but I'm glad I pushed through.

Well done for keeping up ladies, even when missing a day or two.
  • carolinenp
    Options
    Picked up where I left off....just finished day 8!
  • carolinenp
    Options
    Woke up this morning, had extra time so did Day 9!
  • 44isthenew29
    Options
    That's awesome, Caroline!!
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Bice (or nice... You know, whatever works) Job ladies! My knee has been dumb since Zumba but I made it through 15 minutes on the treadmill (just brisk walking) before it started giving me trouble. I may try a very modified version of level 2 later. Hope everyone is bringing out their fabulousness today!
  • 44isthenew29
    Options
    Get thee to the doctor!
  • sandralina
    sandralina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm still on level 1 because of this whole moving thing taking over my life. How is it so hard to move a ONE BEDROOM APARTMENT? Then again...

*sigh.*

I'll probably be starting "over" at the end of next week when my move is complete. Meanwhile, just trying to get the exercise in on days I don't want to kill myself. And the days I do. Except, you know, I don't really want to die... just sleep forever and wake up to a perfect world and a skinny, healthy body. :D
  • 44isthenew29
    Options
    Double workout for me tonight! I don't know what I was thinking as I was really struggling at the end. I did both level 2 of JM ripped in 30 and JM kettlebell - I burned 397 calories in under an hour! I made a delicious salad and indian veggie pattie - enjoying watching finale of The Biggest Loser. Hope everyone has a good night :)
  • carolinenp
    Options
    Did day 10 this morning before work!

Level 2 tomorrow!
  • 44isthenew29
    Options
    I always work out in the evenings but tonight's schedule meant I had to fit it in this morning - and I'm not a morning person! I'm impressed that I could get out of bed and do my JM kettlebell workout - but I DID IT!

How is everyone else doing? I notice that quite a few have dropped from the thread :(

Kudos to those of us sticking with it!!
  • fibrogirl
    fibrogirl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, just don't get to post every day. I was planning to do the shred every other day but going to try and fit it in later as I need to get these inches moving. Had a good brisk 40 min walk today so feeling good just need to get the food side on track too as I just want to eat everything in sight at the minute!!

Keep at it girls :bigsmile:
  • carolinenp
    Options
    I always work out in the evenings but tonight's schedule meant I had to fit it in this morning - and I'm not a morning person! I'm impressed that I could get out of bed and do my JM kettlebell workout - but I DID IT!

How is everyone else doing? I notice that quite a few have dropped from the thread :(

I am not a morning person either. I'd like to sleep until THE very last minute I can. haha
  • HealthiHannah
    HealthiHannah Posts: 182 Member
    Options

YES! Kudos! And, I have decided, MFP needs a better format for threads, maybe a subscription to threads so you can get updates on when people post. =0)

I am back into it, 2 more days down, today will be day 9! =0) 2 more workouts and then on to level 2!
  • rhapsody527
    rhapsody527 Posts: 60
    Options
    Started L2 today! All those plank moves are killer, but this level doesn't seem to be as hard on my knees. I like this level much better than the L1 workout =) Keep going ladies you all are doing great!
  • carolinenp
    Options
    I have been failing! I WILL do day 11 today, L2!!
  • elksy
    elksy Posts: 45
    Options
    I haven't been doing it every day... only every two or three. :( I need to learn to make time for the 30DS; if I have plans with friends or my acting group, I just drop it altogether. I don't know what day I'm on anymore, but I'm too scared to go to Level 2, so I just keep telling myself I'm not there yet, haha.

rhapsody527: Is Level 2 much harder?
  • 44isthenew29
    Options
    I did L2 of Ripped in 30 tonight it was killer especially since it's so humid tonight but it was a fantastic workout. I took Fri and Sat as rest days although I did still walk the dog and did some sprints with her at the same time.
    I hope everyone had a good weekend!
  • rhapsody527
    rhapsody527 Posts: 60
    Options
    I haven't been doing it every day... only every two or three. :( I need to learn to make time for the 30DS; if I have plans with friends or my acting group, I just drop it altogether. I don't know what day I'm on anymore, but I'm too scared to go to Level 2, so I just keep telling myself I'm not there yet, haha.

rhapsody527: Is Level 2 much harder?

It is definitely a couple steps up. There are a couple of moves that I can barely do the modified version of, and the last circuit is absolutely killer on the shoulders! It is not as tough on the knees as L1 is though. Good luck!