Do You Guys Know You Don't Have To Eat 'Clean' To Reach Your Goals?

Options

Replies

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Why do crunches when you can just have a very bad hangover? I don't know if it's the dehydration making you look ripped, or the extreme core workout.

And maybe this is news to OP. Goodness knows there are enough people in this world arguing the opposite.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Fezaltin wrote: »
    Clean eating doesn't show you abs. Being in a caloric deficit does.

Wrong. Everyone needs to eat clean.
    Produce should always be washed, because you can risk bacterial illness without doing so.

Don't you know puking due to bacterial illness dehydrates you and gives you that competition ripped look everyone is after?
    Lol omg u guys!
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I eat clean because I prefer the food and feel better. I don't have any airy fairy ideologies about it. I just like it. I didn't eat very clean for a few days this week because I was lazy, petulant about the weather and other things, and now I feel like crap. I hate feeling like crap. I can't stop sleeping and my brain is foggy, just like before I began dieting.

By the way, I ate at a deficit every day this week.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I ate cheesecake today. I feel great. LOL!!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Well I'm hoping the salad I have for dinner was thoroughly cleaned beforehand...
  • SpencerGT
    SpencerGT Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    being 20 years old help out quite a bit too ;)
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Well I'm hoping the salad I have for dinner was thoroughly cleaned beforehand...

Caterpillar's have calories. So I always make sure I rinse my lettuce through before I eat it! LOL
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Fezaltin wrote: »
    Clean eating doesn't show you abs. Being in a caloric deficit does.

You are right, abs are made in the kitchen and a calorie deficit is essential to losing weight. However, how a person eats, whether it be "clean" or "dirty," or somewhere in between, is personal preference only.

For some people, eating a majority of whole foods helps them stick to a calorie deficit.

Other people choose to eat more processed foods because that helps them stick to a calorie deficit.

And, others of us choose to eat somewhere in between because that helps us stick to a calorie deficit.

Nutritional balance is not essential to weight loss, but it sure does make things a whole lot easier for me. If I overdo it on something, whether it be the sugary sweet stuff or an overabundance of veggies or fruits or even meat, or whatever, I don't feel so great. However, if I allow myself to eat a variety of foods while not cutting anything out, I find I can stick to eating the correct amount of calories. I try to eat more whole foods and make a lot of my own foods, but that's because it helps me stick to a calorie deficit.
  • malibu927
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »

Caterpillar's have calories. So I always make sure I rinse my lettuce through before I eat it! LOL

Thanks for that. It's actually a takeout salad from the sub place!
  • SLLRunner
    Options

Did you see this on you salad? :D

exps12395_QC10118C40A.jpg
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Actually dying right now :lol:
  • SLLRunner
    Options

Actually dying right now :lol:

It does look good. :)
  • malibu927
    Options

Oh my god. That would be good, but it's not the cheesesteak salad I ordered!
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    12215635.jpg
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Most of us know this.
    You should really read the forum a bit more before trying to advise us.

Why do you hate the other people who didn't already know that?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    RLY?
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Most of us know this.
    You should really read the forum a bit more before trying to advise us.

You know, there's another way to look at this.

Being a new person, perhaps he was just trying to connect and open up a conversation. ;)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I eat clean because I prefer the food and feel better. I don't have any airy fairy ideologies about it. I just like it. I didn't eat very clean for a few days this week because I was lazy, petulant about the weather and other things, and now I feel like crap. I hate feeling like crap. I can't stop sleeping and my brain is foggy, just like before I began dieting.

Eating clean ruins your digestive system and makes it so weak you can't handle any other foods.
  • SLLRunner
    edited May 2015
    Options

Eating clean ruins your digestive system and makes it so weak you can't handle any other foods.

I'm not an advocate for eating clean (or dirty for that matter), but I am an advocate for eating however you choose. Most people choose a diet that makes them feel best, even if it's all processed foods or none at all.

That said, do you really believe this to be true? If so, please tell me more.