Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Speaking of fur babies... wonder how @Italian_Buju 's little fellow is doing?

Oh hey thanks for asking....he is actually exactly the same....I am surprised he is still alive to be honest, I feel like he is not eating at all anymore.....he is refusing even treats and his food bowl never seems to go down, but he is still there....I hate going to work now because I am scared every time I come home he is gonna be gone....I am trying to spend as much time with him as possible.....

When I go out other than work, I try and stop home as often as possible and check on him.....I hate being gone 9+ hours at once while working, it is really worrisome. I am so touched that someone asked, lol, I just have had no online time at all this week and it is nice to know that I was not forgotten about.

We have all been thinking about you and your little guy. Glad he still hanging in there.
  • bkhamill
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    I got married once.

I got married once and will celebrate my 33rd anniversary this week.

Congrats!! My parents are celebrating their 31st June 2nd!

Thanks
  • bkhamill
    Options
    Now that I finally go caught up on this thing it is confession time: I did something really stupid the other day and injured my foot and have not been able to effectively exercise in 3 days. All I want to do it sit around and eat. I go on vacation on Tuesday and so wanted to lose a little more weight before wearing my new swimsuits in the Bahamas and that is just not happening. I'm a little depressed. On a positive note, my foot is feeling somewhat better today and hopefully will be good by the time we leave on our trip.
  • bkhamill
    Options
    and.... it kind of looks like I own page 730. hahaha
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Mom is visiting for a week, and as usual woke me up at 6am by 'going gently down the stairs'. Sigh. I have a massive headache too.

She also brought back cookies and chocolates even though I specifically told her to. I still have a ton of chocolates and finished those cookies from 4 months ago last week (I used to eat the whole thing in 2 days). But she just wants to sabotage me and told me yesterday that she hopes I'm not losing more weight. I wish I could lose more just to spite her but I've been trying for a year and failed... Oh and she brought back 5 brioches that need to be eaten within 10 days too...

Confession, I feel bad for feeling that way and hating when she visits but I can't help it. It stresses me out and we always end up fighting over something. The good thing is that I'm probably going to spend more time at the gym this week just to get out of here.

Moms can be sooo maddening! Hang in there!!!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    salembambi wrote: »
    I just walked by the local high school on my lunch break. Confession: so glad I'm years beyond high school. Question: did high school aged girls always look like hookers? The amazingly short shorts with crop tops/sport bras! Holy *kitten*-child, Batman!

are you serious ? calling young girls *kitten* and hookers?sexualizing them ...how nice

they can wear whatever they want just like any other girl or women

geezus

Was it the "absolutely" the "no" or the "judgment" that tripped you up?

Amen. And I agree about clothes, heck some things that 10yo girls wear make me shake my head sometimes.

Me too. And I seriously question their parents judgement.

Sometimes I wonder if their parents know how they're dressing. I've heard of kids wearing one outfit leaving home and changing at school.

I would do that in high school. Change in the back of the bus. But I don't remember it being that extreme. I had a catsuit that I would wear under ripped jeans (oh, the 90's!). My mom hated that catsuit. LOL

As well she should have. Really, a catsuit?! I think we all need to see pictures.

I don't think I have any. It was long-sleeved and flowered and zipped up the back. The cloth would show through the rips in the jeans. I thought I was pretty awesome in that. Wish I had the body I had then.

ETA: I feel like I should add this from Wikipedia: A catsuit is a close-fitting one-piece garment that covers the torso and the legs, and frequently the arms.[1] They are usually made from stretchable material, such as lycra, chiffon, spandex.

How did you use the restroom while wearing this thing?! This is why women go to restroom in pairs. :smiley:

Well, you didn't wait until the last minute, that's for sure!

I'm all about the jumpsuits right now and to pee, you have to undress to the waist and kind of sling it over one arm...let's just say I won't be wearing them to any festivals this year with any kind of port-o-potties because they are exceedingly difficult to keep off the floor.

Also, on the clothing note, I grew up in that part of the 90s where crop tops AND low-rise jeans were in style at the same time, so I'm just relieved that at least the trend now seems to be high-rise bottoms with the crop tops so you only see the upper half of the stomach. Way cuter.

I remember how bad I wanted a pair of low rise Levi's when their "belly button" commercials came out. Remember those?

Definitely! I also had a pair of super-low-rise jeans that had a LACE UP fly instead of a zipper or buttons...klassy klassy klassy. Looking back I cannot believe my mother let me out of the house in them as I think you could see my hipbones above the waistband. I definitely wore those to school though...

I had a pair of pants like that too. LOVED them. Christina Aguilera wore pants in a couple videos that laced up on the hips, and I wanted a pair so bad!

ETA: Although the fashion may be different, I suppose teenage girls are the same lol.

Right? I see them around and I'm mostly just relieved that there aren't visible g-strings like when I was their age. The leggings and crop tops are not nearly as offensive or revealing, thankfully. And I love that lots of very loose, flowy tops and dresses are trendy now. Way better than those painted-on ultra low-rise jeans and tube tops I loved...not to mention the platforms and huge wedge heels. I had a pair of six-inch wedge sandals that laced up my calves too about fifteen years ago...eesh. Ooh, and the huge chunky highlights on the flatironed hair.

I'm not even 30 yet so it's a little early for pearl-clutching but I seriously think teenagers today don't look nearly as, uh, trashy as my high school classmates did.

Oh ya, I forgot about that... I wasn't one to have my underwear hanging out, but there were lots of girls out like that. I guess I can no longer talk about "kids these days" when it comes to fashion choices :blush:

Oh ya, I forgot about that... I wasn't one to have my underwear hanging out, but there were lots of girls out like that. I guess I can no longer talk about "kids these days" when it comes to fashion choices :blush:

I remember girls used to pull their thong up on purpose so it was showing and the Head Teacher called a girls assembly in school to stop it from happening.

Ps. When I'm on this board I find myself constantly questioning if I should Americanize words cos a lot of you are from there. I've thought this about Mum/Mom, sunbeds/tanning beds, Head teacher/Principal, bum/butt, *kitten*/*kitten* and I'm sure there's more... B)

Jumper always got me. How does that equal sweater? LOL

I have a friend who got very irritated when I told him that every time he mentioned his "jumper," I was picturing him wearing one of these:
    funtasia-girls-reversible-red-christmas-plaid-jumper-dress-27.jpg

Nice.

I have to admit I had some of those jeans with the fold down button fly. I believe they were even acid wash with ankle zippers. I also, I'm sad to admit, had a pair of low rise skintight jeans that had no pockets but did have a huge attached faux belt. I wore these AFTER I had my daughter and I thought I looked hot. I looked ridiculous.

I'm glad I dress more classic and age appropriate now.

I'm 44 and my daughter is 16. We are just about exactly the same size (she's a bit more slender and a bit taller but same clothing and shoe size. We have different coloring and face shapes but people instantly know she's my daughter.) We very often look at each other in the morning and realize that we're matchy matchy. For example a blue knit v neck top, jeans, boots and hair in a ponytail. It makes me laugh and makes her stomp off to change. She's fairly conservative and classic in her dress and dresses up often. My work is often in a lab so jeans are often fine. I tell her that either I have good taste or she has horrible taste in clothes. She wears a summer dress that I bought 22 years ago and looks lovely in it. She took and kept some jeans, riding boots, pumps, and a few dresses. So my question: What is age appropriate and what is ageless?

I am a smaller size right now than I have been since before I had children (they are now 31.29 and 27 years old) I am discovering all kinds of new options in clothing and wonder at times if what I am putting on is age appropriate. Just today I was showing my daughter - the 27 year old some things I bought to wear on vacation next week and she said "Oh wow mom, we can share clothes now - well - after I have this baby anyway" and we both cracked up.

I think age appropriate is a term that can be over limiting. Certainly if your daughter is approving then it is fine. I think all ages can look good in similar clothes. I think all ages can look good in short or long hair. Perhaps quality and fit and cut are more important than an exact style.

Congrats on your good work. I'm sure you are looking great!
  • bkhamill
    Options
    my foot (if I managed to attach this pic)os6wvyyvx4y0.jpg
  • bkhamill
    Options
    Wow that is huge
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Ouch! That looks painful! Hope it heals soon!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

Ouch! That looks painful! Hope it heals soon!

Me too!
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    @bkhamill I hope your foot gets better and that you have an awesome vacation. Which island are you going to?
  • bkhamill
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    @bkhamill I hope your foot gets better and that you have an awesome vacation. Which island are you going to?

Grand Bahama, Freeport area. Thanks to the others and you about my foot
  • MulliganStella
    MulliganStella Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm secretly hoping the my kids sleep through the Bloody Mary brunch so I won't have to fight the temptation to drink all my daily calories in a 4-hour window,
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I just walked by the local high school on my lunch break. Confession: so glad I'm years beyond high school. Question: did high school aged girls always look like hookers? The amazingly short shorts with crop tops/sport bras! Holy *kitten*-child, Batman!

are you serious ? calling young girls *kitten* and hookers?sexualizing them ...how nice

geezus

Amen. And I agree about clothes, heck some things that 10yo girls wear make me shake my head sometimes.

Sometimes I wonder if their parents know how they're dressing. I've heard of kids wearing one outfit leaving home and changing at school.

I would do that in high school. Change in the back of the bus. But I don't remember it being that extreme. I had a catsuit that I would wear under ripped jeans (oh, the 90's!). My mom hated that catsuit. LOL

As well she should have. Really, a catsuit?! I think we all need to see pictures.

I don't think I have any. It was long-sleeved and flowered and zipped up the back. The cloth would show through the rips in the jeans. I thought I was pretty awesome in that. Wish I had the body I had then.

ETA: I feel like I should add this from Wikipedia: A catsuit is a close-fitting one-piece garment that covers the torso and the legs, and frequently the arms.[1] They are usually made from stretchable material, such as lycra, chiffon, spandex.

How did you use the restroom while wearing this thing?! This is why women go to restroom in pairs. :smiley:

I'm all about the jumpsuits right now and to pee, you have to undress to the waist and kind of sling it over one arm...let's just say I won't be wearing them to any festivals this year with any kind of port-o-potties because they are exceedingly difficult to keep off the floor.

Also, on the clothing note, I grew up in that part of the 90s where crop tops AND low-rise jeans were in style at the same time, so I'm just relieved that at least the trend now seems to be high-rise bottoms with the crop tops so you only see the upper half of the stomach. Way cuter.

I remember how bad I wanted a pair of low rise Levi's when their "belly button" commercials came out. Remember those?

Definitely! I also had a pair of super-low-rise jeans that had a LACE UP fly instead of a zipper or buttons...klassy klassy klassy. Looking back I cannot believe my mother let me out of the house in them as I think you could see my hipbones above the waistband. I definitely wore those to school though...

I had a pair of pants like that too. LOVED them. Christina Aguilera wore pants in a couple videos that laced up on the hips, and I wanted a pair so bad!

ETA: Although the fashion may be different, I suppose teenage girls are the same lol.

Right? I see them around and I'm mostly just relieved that there aren't visible g-strings like when I was their age. The leggings and crop tops are not nearly as offensive or revealing, thankfully. And I love that lots of very loose, flowy tops and dresses are trendy now. Way better than those painted-on ultra low-rise jeans and tube tops I loved...not to mention the platforms and huge wedge heels. I had a pair of six-inch wedge sandals that laced up my calves too about fifteen years ago...eesh. Ooh, and the huge chunky highlights on the flatironed hair.

I'm not even 30 yet so it's a little early for pearl-clutching but I seriously think teenagers today don't look nearly as, uh, trashy as my high school classmates did.

I remember girls used to pull their thong up on purpose so it was showing and the Head Teacher called a girls assembly in school to stop it from happening.

Ps. When I'm on this board I find myself constantly questioning if I should Americanize words cos a lot of you are from there. I've thought this about Mum/Mom, sunbeds/tanning beds, Head teacher/Principal, bum/butt, *kitten*/*kitten* and I'm sure there's more... B)

I have a friend who got very irritated when I told him that every time he mentioned his "jumper," I was picturing him wearing one of these:

Nice.

I have to admit I had some of those jeans with the fold down button fly. I believe they were even acid wash with ankle zippers. I also, I'm sad to admit, had a pair of low rise skintight jeans that had no pockets but did have a huge attached faux belt. I wore these AFTER I had my daughter and I thought I looked hot. I looked ridiculous.

I'm 44 and my daughter is 16. We are just about exactly the same size (she's a bit more slender and a bit taller but same clothing and shoe size. We have different coloring and face shapes but people instantly know she's my daughter.) We very often look at each other in the morning and realize that we're matchy matchy. For example a blue knit v neck top, jeans, boots and hair in a ponytail. It makes me laugh and makes her stomp off to change. She's fairly conservative and classic in her dress and dresses up often. My work is often in a lab so jeans are often fine. I tell her that either I have good taste or she has horrible taste in clothes. She wears a summer dress that I bought 22 years ago and looks lovely in it. She took and kept some jeans, riding boots, pumps, and a few dresses. So my question: What is age appropriate and what is ageless?

I am a smaller size right now than I have been since before I had children (they are now 31.29 and 27 years old) I am discovering all kinds of new options in clothing and wonder at times if what I am putting on is age appropriate. Just today I was showing my daughter - the 27 year old some things I bought to wear on vacation next week and she said "Oh wow mom, we can share clothes now - well - after I have this baby anyway" and we both cracked up.

I think age appropriate is a term that can be over limiting. Certainly if your daughter is approving then it is fine. I think all ages can look good in similar clothes. I think all ages can look good in short or long hair. Perhaps quality and fit and cut are more important than an exact style.

I struggle with the "age appropriate" thing all the time, especially as I am now over 50. And, unfortunately, the mainstream styles marketed toward my age group aren't "my" personal style, nor do they fit/suit my body type since I am tall and small-busted... junior clothes seem to be tailored for longer/leaner bodies these days.

There was a thread here a while back about whether or not middle-aged women could wear shorter-length skirts, and the responses were overwhelmingly positive. It kinda changed my mindset about being "appropriate". Not that I wear skirts or dresses a whole lot, since they don't work too well with knee-high compression stockings :( nor would I ever wear something shorter for work, but I'm now more willing to indulge the SO's fashion requests occasionally, lol.
  • bkhamill
    Options

geezus

Nice.

Thank you, I am feeling pretty proud of my accomplishment of going from a size 22 to a size 12 in less than a year.
  • MulliganStella
    MulliganStella Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Now that I finally go caught up on this thing it is confession time: I did something really stupid the other day and injured my foot and have not been able to effectively exercise in 3 days. All I want to do it sit around and eat. I go on vacation on Tuesday and so wanted to lose a little more weight before wearing my new swimsuits in the Bahamas and that is just not happening. I'm a little depressed. On a positive note, my foot is feeling somewhat better today and hopefully will be good by the time we leave on our trip.

Find some great activities to do while you're on vacation to make up for the missed days. Run on the beach, join a volleyball game. I mean, if you exercise in the Bahamas, it's fun and not *really* exercise, right?
  • bkhamill
    Options

Find some great activities to do while you're on vacation to make up for the missed days. Run on the beach, join a volleyball game. I mean, if you exercise in the Bahamas, it's fun and not *really* exercise, right?

Plan on doing everything while there!
  • sarkrisd
    sarkrisd Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My confession: I can't give up my pop. I don't record it either, since it is usually diet. I've tried, and my family begged me to go back on it. I'm a grouch without at least two bottles a day.
  • bkhamill
    Options
    sarkrisd wrote: »
    My confession: I can't give up my pop. I don't record it either, since it is usually diet. I've tried, and my family begged me to go back on it. I'm a grouch without at least two bottles a day.

Diet soda has 0 calories... enjoy!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Have a great time and I'm crossing my fingers that your foot is all better.