JUNE 2015 MOVE CHALLENGE

Options
jeanniewes
jeanniewes Posts: 3,637 Member
edited May 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
jeanniewes starting AnOtHeR :) MOVE CHALLENGE. JUNE 2015

For those of you that have followed me for years, for months or whatever PLEASE join me?
We can walk, bike, run, jog, treadmill or whatever you wish. You may do one, or two or several.

MAKE YOUR OWN GOAL.
In May my goal was 120 miles. I did more than that. I hope too do at least the same as I did in May.

HOPE TOO SEE YOU 'HERE' :)<3:)

Replies

• ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking same targets as last month.

June Target Total: 225 miles
    Walk/Run Target: 25 mi.
    Cycling Target: 200 mi
  • betancourtky
    betancourtky Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in, and new hoping for 3 miles a days so 90 miles by the end of the month
  • joyfulton94
    joyfulton94 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the challenge as well. My goals for this month are:
    4x45 min h20 aerobics classes per week
    1x55 min zumba class per week

(During TOM - YouTube yoga and stretching plus a 20 min walk on normal h20 aerobics days.)
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Right, sorted my targets for this month. I have a long term goal of doing a triathlon someday, but as I am neither a swimmer nor a runner (even less of a runner) I have a long way to go. I'm splitting my training into sections - and first up will be some strength training to get some muscle structure behind me, plus working on swimming technique.

Goals as follows:

Cycling - 60 miles
    Walking - 40 miles (includes anything above 1 mile showing on my fitbit)
    Swim - 120 laps
    Stronglifts 5X5 - 6 times
    Lindy Hop class - 4 times

Total mileage - 100 miles.

That's a lot of targets but the walking, dancing and cycling ones are the easiest for me to do.

Hurrah for June!!!
  • SteveCro
    SteveCro Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Going to do this again... May was a bad month for my goal. Since loosing our daughter in March the last couple months I feel like we are in the spin cycle. Been so busy and gone every weekend. My June goal is 150 miles. Moving from the spin cycle to the bi cycle!
  • jahmanrv
    jahmanrv Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Going to be traveling a bit but I will do my best to remember to log in.

Goal for month: 75 Miles
  • ScrAgnX
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    I have a long term goal of doing a triathlon someday, but as I am neither a swimmer nor a runner (even less of a runner) I have a long way to go.

Me too, but I started working on running before swimming because I felt there would be a longer learning curve, for me, with running. (used to teach swim lessons ages ago, but never was able to run). Also, I don't live near a gym, so pools are less convenient; after some progress running, I'll use the momentum to pull me back into swimming.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    ScrAgnX wrote: »
    girlinahat wrote: »
    I have a long term goal of doing a triathlon someday, but as I am neither a swimmer nor a runner (even less of a runner) I have a long way to go.

Me too, but I started working on running before swimming because I felt there would be a longer learning curve, for me, with running. (used to teach swim lessons ages ago, but never was able to run). Also, I don't live near a gym, so pools are less convenient; after some progress running, I'll use the momentum to pull me back into swimming.

thankfully I have a pool on the way home from work which I can use depending on their club schedule (I hate that community/leisure centre pools aren't available all the time). I want to work on my technique so I can swim several lengths at once as think that will be the longest learning curve for me. The run thing is something I can do in the gym or anywhere at anytime - I aim to move onto c25k for running practice once I've finished this segment of training plan. I suppose what I'm imagining is that once I'm in a triathlon, it's not the end of the world if I have to walk to the finish line!!!!

• jeanniewes
    edited June 2015
    Options
    WELCOME too our 'newbies' :)

I think about you a lot Steve. I can't even imagine that type of pain. I still continue too pray that you can feel GODS presence and find a source of peace at some point . Cling too beautiful memories because NO ONE can take those from you....

I had too SMILE when I saw each of you here. it is so good too have wonderful people help motivate each of us on our personal journey's. It is suppose too rain all week here BUT I am going too do my best too get some exercise in....

I ENDED MAY with 140.75 walking miles....I hope too get at least THAT in....

All that being said....HAVE A WONDERFUL GOD BLESSED WEEK!
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    Ok here is my day.....

Exercise Bike...........5.0 Miles....
    Outside Miles.........3.0 Walking Miles.....
  • betancourtky
    Options
    Day 1 elliptical 3.1 miles
  • ScrAgnX
    Options
    Kicked it off with C25K Week 5 Day 2: 2.7 miles

June Target Total: 2.7 miles
    Walk/Run: 2.7 Target: 25 mi.
    Cycling: 0.0 mi (Target: 200 mi)

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,867 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    March Cycling: 409.33 km (254.34 miles) = 21 hours 55 min
    March Walking: 80.47 km (50 miles) = 16 hours 9 min
    March Total: 489.8 km (304.3 miles) = 38 hours 4 min

April Cycling: 384.15 km (238.7 miles) = 20 hours 35 min
    April Walking: 107.79 km walking (67 miles) = 22 hours 31 min
    April Total: 491.94 km (305.6 miles) = 43 hours 6 min

May Cycling: 259.06 km (160.9 miles)
    May Walking: 102.75 km (63.8 miles)
    May Time: 2060 min (34 hours 20 min) walking & cycling + 45 min stairs & weights + 45 min cycling inside
    May Total: 361.81 km (224.8 miles) + stairs, weights and cycling inside = 35 hours 50 min

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    June Totals

01 Mon - 2 km walk (25 min) + 60 min on bicycle on trainer in basement
  • yamdad
    yamdad Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'll give it s whirl starting with walking 3 miles a day
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    WELCOME yamdad :)

I think I over done on the Exercise Bike yesterday as I am having some low back discomfort. I stuck with walking only today. Did a very early morning 5.0 Mile walk...

TOTAL Thus far June 2nd...........5.0 Exercise Bike Miles....

TOTAL Thus far June 2nd...........8.0 WALKING Miles........
  • wikkidwanda
    wikkidwanda Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I did 35 min on the treadmill and 18:48 on the elliptical last night. aiming for 1.5 hours at the gym tonight (it's raining so it will fit my schedule)
  • betancourtky
    Options
    Another 30 mins on the elliptical 3.08 miles added on
  • psan0722
    psan0722 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You all inspire me for sure! My goal is to do 20 minutes/day/5 days a week on the treadmill. So far I've done pretty good. Good luck to all!
  • Acutabuvtherest
    Acutabuvtherest Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in...June is also my birthday month, so I wud like to do 100 miles in walking, by end of month.
  • sunnydays851
    sunnydays851 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have one goal: Walking-110 miles
    Last month I did 99.1 according to my accupedo pedometer. This was in about three weeks, so I'm sure I'll knock this out of the water. At the end out this month I'll add together my walked miles and update my status with the approximate number. The month after that I'll add a few more miles. I'll push myself a little farther each month.