June 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• italysharon
    italysharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for doing this, and for all the motivation Stan!

Congratulations to everyone who made May goal!

I'm in! I did not meet my goal for May, and we are moving this month, so I am going to shoot for less. I still want to stick to 20 a week though so I'm going to make it 85.

June 1- 5 nice cool day to start off the month!

exercise.png
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have two goals: 75km minimum but will ideally hit 90km. This is the first time I've gotten back to training seriously after injury, so I don't want to go too mad :smile:
  • SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Starting out slow, hoping to get to 4/5km runs by the end of the month!

1/6/15 - 2.6km run

exercise.png
  • cheliebee
    cheliebee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am going to shoot for 25 miles in June
    exercise.png
  • caratayloruk
    caratayloruk Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    1st run of the month done. Just the 3 miles as it was freezing and it started to chuck it down. Good old British tsummertime! 67 to g
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 80. I registered for St. Jude Half Marathon in December so training officially begins today.

6/1--3.12 miles

exercise.png
  • jlbrown1985
    jlbrown1985 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This will be my first running challenge but I'm training for a 5K so this will help! I'm in for 50 miles!!

exercise.png

• MissLexiS
    MissLexiS Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 30 Miles in June :wink:
  • Missyb187
    Missyb187 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm new to running so I'm going to go for 20 miles and hope to do a bit more.
  • rajnigandha21
    rajnigandha21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I have started C25K and I am in week2 day2. I want to run 30 km in June. Hope to hit the target successfully!!
    exercise.png[\img]
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    In for 85 miles, have a half this weekend!
  • jenncalicollins617
    jenncalicollins617 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Trying for 50 miles
  • LittlePinkShotgun
    LittlePinkShotgun Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 75 miles (120 km) this month.

I'm focusing on speed and weight loss before starting marathon training on June 29th.

June 1 - 3.7 miles (6 km)
  • happyweight2011
    happyweight2011 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for 80 miles this month. Ran 1 mile today, 79 to go :smile:

exercise.png

• kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Trying for 50 miles walk. Its been almost 6 months i worked out so want to take it slow.

So glad found this group. Wish someone can encourage me to get back on this healthy journey.
    Kathy

exercise.png

• Wendy1Fl
    Wendy1Fl Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 106. I just found out I am pregnant this morning, so we'll see how THAT helps with my running goals, LOL. Also, welcome all new members to this thread, it will help with your motivation!
    Total: 0; 106 to go

exercise.png
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    in for 100km+.
    first full month on point,training for HM in sept.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Great to see so many "old" and new people here!
    ((( and even a few more fellow kilometer-trackers, yay c9f8bb61e357a850d640d5476351344e4af7d92b.gif )))

I'm in again too, at least for the first part of the month. And them I'm going on a vacation. Which is great, but it means I have a hard time figuring out what goal I should set... I've decided I'll go for 40km instead, but with only one weekend until I leave, I'm not sure if that will work out or not.

The first 3.2km I managed to do today after a TRX class.

exercise.png
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    @Ohhim - Congratulations hitting all (running, cycling, swimming and lifting) goals in May - Awesome job!
    @karllundy - Congratulations on your half marathon PR! Great job!!
    @_nikkiwolf_ - Dontcha just hate it when work gets in the way of your running! :) and especially on the weekend! Glad to see you were able to get in a run today though!
    @Wendy1Fl - Congratulations on the new little runner to be! I am sure @Runningmischka can give you some tips and advice!

Got out a bit late today because of meetings I couldn't avoid but managed to squeeze my timed run in between some. I didn't quite get back in time for my next meeting so I had to run the last mile while on a conference call but I got it done!

Date.......Miles......Total
    06/01.....5.49.......5.49

exercise.png
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    5k run this morning. 1st run of June (June 2nd here). It was 27C at 5AM this morning and very humid. Oy vey!