June 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm in for 180 miles in June. I don't see a way to add the ticker to an automatic signature for the ticker. Are you supposed to manually add it each time you come here to report your miles? Also, is there a spreadsheet to update, or do we just check in and say "5 miles" or whatever. Sorry to be so dense!

44884e12c31f449.png
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @_nikkiwolf_ - Dontcha just hate it when work gets in the way of your running! :) and especially on the weekend!
    Yes, absolutely. Who invented this "work" thingy anyway?! If only I didn't need the money to buy lots of running shoes... ;)

@DonPendergraft : I don't think there is a way to automatically insert the ticker as a signature. I just save the link for editing as a bookmark, since I'll have to go to that site anyway to update the ticker when I want to add another run. After I do that, I copy the link from the ticker page and can then directly insert it here, so it's not too much of a bother.
    As for checking in: there is no common excel sheet. You can post your runs here any way you like - just a single line "5 miles today" , or have a full diary list of "1.6. - 3mi intervall . 2.6. - rest . 3.6. - 9 mi long run", or post a photo you took during your run, or whatever else you like to do.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @DonPendergraft Yes, you'll have to add the ticker each post. And you are welcome to update which ever way you like. Happy running!

@Ohhim congratulations on that awesome all around mileage!
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    OK thank you all! I get it now. :)
  • ddmanson4
    ddmanson4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this challenge! My goal is 75 miles.
  • sam_will40
    sam_will40 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    3 miles down, 47 to go
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    Did 71 miles in May. In for 75 miles in June! :)

June 1st - 5.2 miles

Total: 5.2 miles

exercise.png
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Wow, lotsa new folks! Welcome all!
    This is my favorite thread and pretty much the only one I actually read on the regular.
    @Wendy1Fl congrats on the news!! I have a friend from work who's well into her third trimester and still killing it in the gym. I'm sure you can knock out and ultra marathon before the new arrival! :wink:

6/1- swim and bike day.
    Run tomorrow am!
  • noirbook
    noirbook Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

One mile walk today.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @_nikkiwolf_ - Dontcha just hate it when work gets in the way of your running! :) and especially on the weekend!
    Yes, absolutely. Who invented this "work" thingy anyway?! If only I didn't need the money to buy lots of running shoes... ;)
    Speaking of running shoes... the ones I ordered finally arrived today. Ok, I admit it has been less than a week since I ordered them but I have been anxiously awaiting their arrival! I tried them on and love the way they fit/feel but the true test will be running in them!

Now the only question is which ones do I wear tomorrow?
    dufff63k5rf7.jpg
    I am so excited to give them a spin!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Wendy1Fl wrote: »
    I'm in for 106. I just found out I am pregnant this morning, so we'll see how THAT helps with my running goals, LOL. Also, welcome all new members to this thread, it will help with your motivation!
    Total: 0; 106 to go

exercise.png

Woohoo! Wonderful news - congrats!
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    IN for at least 175 miles. Just ran a full on May 17th and last couple weeks been doing short and mid distance runs. I am itching for a long run this week! I ran 216 miles in April at peak and dropped to 156 miles for May because that included my taper, marathon race, and recovery/easy/short running phase.
  • Harpin_Maddog
    Harpin_Maddog Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I got my 6 in to start Une off right.
    exercise.png
  • lilcmac22
    lilcmac22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm back for another month. Going for 50 miles. Due to work, this month is going to be challenging. It is going to be fun trying to be creative to make sure I meet my goal. Going to make a plan...
  • mzd69
    mzd69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all - 2 miles on June 1
  • FitnessMeagan1105
    FitnessMeagan1105 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    06/01/15 - 3.62 Miles

exercise.png

And I got to break in my new shoes!!

f7qpnt2p4veb.jpg
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Month to date:		012.04 km
    Goal:			200.00 km / 124 miles
    Stretch Goal:		242.00 km / 150 miles
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Mon Jun 01 12.03 km

• fit_at_fifty
    fit_at_fifty Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello folks, am new to this so going for 40 miles to start. Good luck everyone :)
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Lots of new runners - welcome to you all!
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    June Goal 68 miles

June 1 3.95

Ticker is my 2015 goal and progrss to date:

exercise.png