Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @GOINSTD12 (Tracy)~I’m so sorry to hear of your husbands prognosis. :heartbreak: I wish there was something the doctors could do to make things easier for him (and for you as well). Sending you virtual hugs. :heart:

@Jorinya~Good luck with your medical test today, I hope you get some answers

@Annr~Yikes, I’m so sorry you went through such a miserable night. :frowning: I suspect it was too much fiber too quickly and your body didn’t have time to adapt, drink lots and lots of water—that helps with absorption and keeps traffic moving. Otherwise, keep Miralax around—that stuff works miracles without making you miserable. I know people that have a lot of luck taking Metamucil supplements daily and also warm lemon water first thing in the morning can help. Hope you are feeling better today.

@tlh0407 (Tracy)~LOL My gym only offers HydroFit, most of the classes are during the day but they have one class on Tuesday evenings. I liked the instructor last night, she was fun and really worked our core/legs—my legs got tired! LOL They used to offer a HydroCycle class on Saturday’s but don’t think they do anymore (even though the cycles are still there). I wish they could offer deep water, too, but none of the pools are deep enough. :frowning: Think I need to invest in a new suit for that class though, mine is too big and really meant for accentuating my assets and sitting by a pool--girls nearly came out for show-and-tell! :wink:

Exercise Goals:

Sunday~Bike DONE!
    Monday~Cardio, gym DONE!
    Tuesday~HydroFit DONE!
    Wednesday~Bike
    Thursday~Weights, gym
    Friday~Bike or Cardio at gym
    Saturday~Rest Day
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    kah68 wrote: »

@tlh0407 (Tracy)~LOL My gym only offers HydroFit, most of the classes are during the day but they have one class on Tuesday evenings. I liked the instructor last night, she was fun and really worked our core/legs—my legs got tired! LOL They used to offer a HydroCycle class on Saturday’s but don’t think they do anymore (even though the cycles are still there). I wish they could offer deep water, too, but none of the pools are deep enough. :frowning: Think I need to invest in a new suit for that class though, mine is too big and really meant for accentuating my assets and sitting by a pool--girls nearly came out for show-and-tell! :wink:

HA! My "public" swimsuit is a tankini with a skirt and never worked for these classes. Show and tell plus a floating skirt! I am very busty and I finally found a one piece that comes up high enough. So much nicer for the workouts.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    @annr ... sorry about the block-up, know how that feels. Kah's suggestion of Miralax is a good one ... even the vet suggests it for my pets if needed. One other suggestion on what could have helped trigger it ... the meat you ate. I know for me beef is a rare indulgence and then in moderation as it is a protein that tends to just sit in me.

@Goinstd/Tracy ... my heart goes out to you and your husband with this difficult bend in your path of life.

• Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy National Egg Day
    Egg Day
    Fun fact: There's no nutritional difference between white and brown eggs. The eggs just come from different breeds of hens!

Egg Day

Always look on the bright side of life. Otherwise it'll be too dark to read. ~Author Unknown

11857432.png

Tom
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Welcome Clay and congrats on being 30 lbs down. When it comes to working out, you need to make it a part of your life. It can be something simple like going for a walk with your wife after dinner or before. The point is to get moving and stay active. Maybe you can switch up walking with a gym workout, it is great way to stay motivated without burning out on the gym.

Goinstd/ Tracy-Sorry to hear about the obstacles you are facing with your hubby.

Kelley- I hope you dry out soon and so happy that you were able to get out on the bike again even for a short ride.

Karen- Nice job on your vacation and that you had fun. Nashville is a great place.

Tracy-Welcome back, it is good to see you again. It is good to hear that your son is going back out on the boats again.

Once again, I have not been on the thread in a couple of days. Life became busy once again. It is nice to be home tonight and just chill. I did walk and bike at the gym tonight which was nice.

Goal- Check in here more often and regularly.

• grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I've been lurking everyday, but haven't posted for a few days. The infection in my mouth is better. Hopefully it will stay at bay until after the party. I've mailed the invitations, so I hope we come up with something for a party. Today our power was out from 8 to 4 so we went to the zoo with Sam, Timmy, and Miss Jane Kaye. It was a cool day so all of the animals were active. The butterfly exhibit was especially fun. Got 3 miles on the pedometer. DH got really tired. Monday I made 13 pints of strawberry jam from the berries DH picked in our garden. We will have another huge picking tomorrow. I'm really enjoying water aerobics.
    I feel like I should be doing a ton of personals. Congratulations to all who are having success on the scale.
    @GOINSTD12/Tracy I am so sorry to hear of the health problems that you and your husband are having. I hope that you will find peace.
    @Annr Your problem is all too familiar to me. I've kind of leaned that way all my life, but an extensive hemorrhoidectomy really exacerbated the issue. I take a stool softener and a laxative daily, but I still have use a suppository occasionally. They are my emergency go-to. Hope you don't have a chronic problem.
    @Lori so proud of you for becoming a triathlete.
    Today was the first day of registration for FitOne in September. Five of us are signed up to walk the 10k and Nicole to run the Half. I hope weather is as good as it was last year.
    Wishing peace and happiness for each of you.
    onward and downward. Kaye
  • Davy_RockHit214
    Davy_RockHit214 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    New to this discussion. Have a lot of work to do to meet my goal.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Well Im starting over....I truly missed you all but I had to get ok with life. Lots of praying an ex boss giving me a job for the next 10 days has helped alot. Honestly, I was eating horrible and just sitting in front of computer all day and night. Since last week Ive planted my entire back yard and stained 1of 3 decks on my house. Ive had two interviews and been working on my school paper on human trafficking.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression

International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression

If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree. ~Jim Rohn

11857432.png

Tom
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    @Annr, I did a massage on my abdomen last night and slept well this morning I went to the toilet, yippee. Search for massage to relieve constipation on YouTube and away you go. I love the Goonies, I saw it in the cinema with my cousin. Now what is showing my age, lol.

@kah68, thank you so much, unfortunately the scan did not show up anything. Was supposed to go into the hospital again today but decided not too because was really depressed this morning so I slept.

@grandmakaye44, Thank God you are feeling better. I love strawberry jam, used to go to the house where my granny grew up and pick strawberries with her half brother. Then off home and make strawberry jam and help put the lids on the jars. We also used to make blackberry jam. Yummy!

@mnwalkingqueen, you will face challenges on this your journey to a healthier you but it will all be worth it in the end. Trust me I'm going through the worst challenge of my life. It will get better.

Yesterday was horrible. I went in at 10:30am for my appointment at the hospital. Sat for over two hours before someone came and asked me "did you have your scan yet?" Ah no! If I did would I have been sitting down here waiting for someone to call me. She told me to go to see a man sitting behind a desk only to be asked my name and then ask me to go upstairs. 1:00pm and still no one called me. Who walked in the door but the MD of the hospital and here he comes to my rescue. Not long after I got told I was next but as soon as he left they let another person in before me. I met a lovely woman called Winnie who's sister lives in Ireland not far from my hometown. After that I went in, scan showed nothing. 7 glasses of water later back in again at 2:00pm and still nothing showed. Back to square one. Was supposed to go into the hospital today but didn't feel good enough to leave the house. My one and only friend here in the real world is coming back from UK and bringing me to church on Sunday and then bringing me into the hospital. She is Nigerian so the doctors will listen to her. I'm resting until then. Thanks everyone for your kind words and prayers. I will get through this.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hello my friends!!! Lord, have I missed you guys. I don’t even know where to begin. First of all, Tracy (GOINSTD12), my issues seem so irrelevant when compared to losing the love of your life in the months/years ahead. I was so glad we were able to meet and your family is definitely in my thoughts and prayers. I’m afraid this emotional rollercoaster is not going to end any time soon, but you know you will always have our support. Hugs my friend!!!

It looks like I missed a few birthdays – Ellen (Robin) and Kaye. Happy Belated!! I hope I haven’t missed anyone else.

There’s a lot of new faces too so I look forward to getting to know you as well.

For the rest of you and you know who you are, you know your friendship is important to me. I guess between work, which has gotten extremely busy and life I just haven’t been in the mood to log in. My weight definitely crept up so I’ve been working on my food choices and have lost about 15 lbs so far, but still having issues with my Achilles Heel so exercise is almost non-existent. Right now, I’ve just been trying to cut back on my calories and get some movement in when I can.

As many of you know, I’m divorced and have been single a LONG time (11 years to be exact – seriously!!). I was so focused on my career and finding that work/life balance with Cyrus I just never even thought I could find someone to fit my life. Plus, my self-esteem suffered a bit thinking who wants this full-figured/curvaceous woman. I’m not going to date until I lose the weight. Well, now that Cyrus is 13 and he’s on a good path. My career is doing well I decided it’s finally time to venture out into the dating world. I know there are guys who like bigger women so I just need to find them. LOL!! Since I don’t have the chance to really meet guys, I decided to go the online route. What a nightmare!!! My first real guy who I truly thought was my Prince Charming turned out to be a BIG scam artist toad. Luckily, I wasn’t scammed, but we talked daily for 30 days before red flags went off. It scared me a bit to be honest that I could open myself up to someone who was just acting. Luckily, I met another guy around the same time and he’s a lot better. We’ve been out once and going to meet up this weekend too. We both want to take this slow and steady as friends and see if a relationship will blossom, which is fine with me.

I’m really going to make an effort to stay in touch. It’s so important for me to stay connected for so many reasons. :)
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Well ladies I am alot better... On Wednesday I did have a 1.75 loss and I know exactly why! I am going to get on some kind of regiment, so that doesn't happen again. Lots of veggies, and 2 granola bars in one day shouldn't have done it, but maybe it did... Also my homemade granola was rolled oats, and with all the water (64 oz a day at least) I might of activated oatmeal in meself! We we are living science experiments aren't we?
    Pushed myself for 40 minutes swimming laps today. I was breathing heavy and it really felt wonderful. Probably did a bit more than a 1/2 mile. Came home and ate tuna boats, and have just came in from sunning myself on the veranda! (well its a balcony, but today its a verrrraaaanda!) I am going to be a tanned goddess by next week if this weather stays as lovely as today is!
    This weeks TOPS meeting was a bit disheartening. One person gave us an update on the condition of a friends son, and that started the floodgates of updates. Don't get me wrong, I am not heartless, nor uncaring, but there are members that don't know these people, friends of past members, etc, and I am one of them. So instead of being uplifted, and modivated I was feeling guilty, and sad. Guilty because I am at least healthy , not like so-and-so they were speaking about. I want to bring it up with the leader, but I am hesitent in doing so. This is one complicated bunch of ladies.... and I would never wish to hurt their feelings.
    On the good side I have gotten them to sing some inspiration songs early in the meeting! TOPS related ones, and a gal plays the piano or her accordian. Like songs you sang at camp!
    I am going to encourage members to start logging what they eat. The lady that won the "best loser" had lost over 6 lbs for the week. She loses and gains that much in the next week and that is really not a healthy way to lose. She never explains how she lost it, (giving modivating info) and it seems suspicious to me. I know its not my business, but when she earns the best loser basket, and quarters for people that don't put stuff in the basket, at least she can do is say how she lost it. One of the ladies picked fresh spinach for gosh sakes!
    Well no more school for the teenager, and we gave him the option of working out with us most every day, or getting a job, or a licence. He is only 16 so he wasn't too keen on driving yet, and said he will work out with us. It will keep him off the computer for a spell anyway! That and reading books from the library like candy, so he can win a Kindle. Maybe I will make him an account on here. He has to gain weight, and muscle! His worst thing happening he said is come the time he graduates from high school he is still too slim to join the Navy. So best to start now eh?
    Becca by the Beach
  • MalanyaChmy
    MalanyaChmy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    New to the page. Trying to lose over 100 lbs, restarted about 15 days ago and already getting sick of eating the same thing. Would love some suggestions
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Susan- Hope everything works out for you and this guy.

Becca- Great swim today. Regarding the person at TOPS who lost the 6 pounds in one week, it may be fluke or due to mother nature. For example, when it that TOM comes calling the week before I will drop up to 6-8 pounds during that week. Sadly, the week after it comes back over night and takes a couple of weeks to drop back down again. So that person may not be able to explain how she lost the weight- see if she manages to keep it off the following week and if it becomes a pattern.

Queen- Great to hear about the interviews and all the work you have accomplished this past week. I hope you hear about a job soon.

Davy- Welcome to the thread.

Kaye- Glad you are starting to feel better. Races in September are very tricky because of weather. I am contemplating a couple of runs that month and I am concerned that it could be very hot and humid. Not great running weather.

Thursday truth- It is time that I start setting some goals for myself. I feel that I have been slacking lately and motivating is barely hanging on. I realize that I need to make some changes so that I can give my body some rest and change things up with my favorite activities. The other goal, I need to set for myself is to commit to losing another 20 pounds. This will mean making changes to my eating habits and increasing the level of exercise. This will be hard and require some soul-searching but I will determine the best course of action for myself.

Looking forward to the weekend.

Friday- Climbing
    Satursday-Swimming
    Sunday- bike ride and kayaking
    Monday-trainer workout
    Tuesday- Gym
    Wednesday- REst
    Thursday- Rest

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    welcome MalanyaChmy! I have a couple of breakfast options. I eat either Vans whole wheat waffles (serving is 2) and put PB2 on it. You can buy PB2 in the peanut butter isle and its powdered peanut butter. You mix it with warm water, and there is no fat. I love it! Then on top of the PB2 I put a 1/2 sliced banana, then drizzle with honey. YUMMY.
    Sometimes I just have some great cereal dry with yogurt on the top of it.

Lunch is a piece of a hearty wheat bread with soup alot of time. Never use the canned soups though. Too much sodium. Sometimes in a pinch I do, but I always add loads to them, and then portion them in plastic containers. That spreads out the higher sodium over many meals.
    Sometimes I just saute' some zuuchini with some spinach and add a tsp of bacon bits, and put with some cottage cheese on the side... Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the veggies.

What I normally do for meals is just look for a protein (turkey, chicken, or beef or a piece of bacon or a small bit of kelbasa) Then I think of a side (wild rice, whole wheat pasta, a slice of hearty bread or a couple of sliced potatoes, or 1/2 cup of some beans) . Then I think of veggies to add with it all, (saute'd zuuchini or a salad). Create your own great meal. That is the fun of it.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth ... it came to last night as a random 'ah-ha' moment ... I haven't been trying to lose weight at all anymore ... just eating pretty much whatever I want that's handy and whenever I get the urge to do so ... so sometimes it's not for many, many hours in between meals and other time's it's in about 2-3 after the last 'feed'. So I wanted to fess up and not pretend that I am working on a plan and following through on it ... I'm just coasting along.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    The past few days have been OK. Eating has been decent minus Burger King last night. What a waste of calories. Yuck! Cyrus has a flight tomorrow AM and will be spending the rest of the month with my parents in Sarasota. FREEDOM!! You know I love my son, but this single mom is ready for a break. I haven't done much cooking lately and it's been grab and go I'm afraid due to our schedules. This weekend I'm filling up my salads, fruits, veggies and plan to eat a lot cleaner plus work my way back to the gym. Next Thursday I'm having an outpatient procedure done, which is an endometrial ablation. Aunt Flo's visits have been brutal the past 6 months or so and last weeks was one of the worst. I think I may be pre-menopausal so I'm going this route first. My sister is heading back to Atlanta from Vegas next week, which is perfect timing as she can play chaffeuer. Other than that I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with my new guy friend. Life is good.
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    @GOINSTD12 I am so sorry to hear of your pulmonary issues. I don't know what I could say. I will be thinking of you and praying for your comfort and strength. I see you are still posting wt. losses that is awesome.

lots of starting overs and trials of late. This is why it is good to come here and read of others issues and success, I am uplifted by the way you guys can deal with everything and still keep your health as a goal. We have to remember why we are here, to change or lives, to live better, to live with family (longer), to start a new way of life. You guys show me it can be done and I thank you for that.

11842472.png
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I spent the evening with my daughter and her friend at the carnival. I’m a little annoyed because there were times my Fitbit wasn’t catching my steps. I decided that I would try not to stand in line with the kids…I paced a lot and actually while they were on the rides, I would walk around the ride the whole time. For example, during one 15 minute period, it only counted 22 steps and I know I was pacing during that time frame. Then we left the carnival at 8:22 exactly and walked from the middle to the parking lot and it only counted 112 steps during the half hour from 8:15 – 8:45. Considering it was about 1 ½ city blocks, I think it’s wrong.  This was the first day that it seems off….I’ll have to keep an eye on it.

@Kaye…love the new picture. Good looking couple of 50 years! I remember watching my mom and grandma can oh so many things. Juneberries were a big one. My mom just made a homemade Juneberry Pie. Our spouses don’t love it like we do, but I think a main draw to it is remembering going Juneberry picking with Grandma.
    @Holly…productive! My husband and I were just talking about our plans for the yard…this is our first year here and we’re doing the ‘tear down” this year. We have some plans but no money so we’re going to spend the money taking out what we don’t want and the plan is to buy some plants this fall. Human Trafficking is such a hot topic in ND now with the oil fields. Disgusting!! I wish there was just an easy answer but the problem just keeps getting bigger and the stories sadder.
    @Jorinya…hopefully you can get to the bottom of the issue soon.
    @Susan…good for you for catching the scammer before he caught you. Good luck with this guy…slow and steady wins the race, right? I understand your excitement of having Cyrus gone. The two years I was single, I got very used to having every Monday and Tuesday to myself. Now I haven’t been alone in the house for more than a 12 hour period for a LONG time. That ends soon. Emma leaves for camp from Tuesday – Saturday. Michael and Jacob are leaving in the wee hours of Wednesday morning and won’t be back until late on Thursday – that’s one full day without anyone in my house! I do have a Football Booster meeting, but other than that…I’m going to enjoy some peace and quiet and NOT clean.

AFM…the kids are now officially done with school and we start our summer with quite a bit of activity. I’m off to bed as I have to have Jacob to the airport by 3:30. He’s headed to DC with 61 other kids/chaperones from his school. Found out his charger doesn’t work, so we have to get that taken care of, but he’s packed and I have my list of last minute – deodorant, tooth brush etc. He’s gonna have so much fun and I’m jealous! I had a gym plan and that fell apart but my eating has been pretty good. I had fair food today but it appears that I’ve stayed within calories and got 16 glasses of water in me.

Good night everyone! Have a great weekend!
  • samdelstorm
    samdelstorm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to give a big HELLO and CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who is taking charge of their health! I am sure we all have others out there - friends, family, children, etc. - that need us and that we want to be a part of their lives. For as long as we can. Finding and staying at a healthy weight, whatever that is for each of us, is the best gift we can give ourselves and those we love. KEEP UP THE CHALLENGE, everyone!