Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Quick check in from the land of of coffee and sleep loss (i.e. my university library for the next four weeks)
    I went to see the dietitian on Wed. and she said she saw a loss in her scale (but she never tells me how much) and was proud of me so maybe my plateau has broken. I've been laying off running, and have an appointment with the doctor about my leg/knee problems so hopefully everything is okay. I've supplemented running with elliptical as that doesn't have any hard impact and I feel fine with it. Unfortunately, an offhand comment I made about some other nagging health concerns I've been having made the nurse suggest that I make an appointment for bloodwork. I'm afraid I've Web MD-ed myself into thinking I have either PCOS or hypothyroidism after that scare, so hopefully nothing is actually wrong (I know it probably isn't...)

I've been good with my eating, and am hoping to finally see a change in the scale.

But I have a really exciting NSV! Like many university students... I'm not always the best about doing my laundry. Yesterday I was desperately rooting around my dresser for a pair of shorts, found a suspiciously clean pair, and put them on. They fit fine, maybe a LITTLE tight in the waist, but no major muffin top. It turns out that they were suspiciously clean because they were actually a size 14 (I'm wearing 16 usually). I've been having a really rough month on this plateau, so it was nice to see some progress, though they are old navy 14's, and old navy does tend to be a little larger than most places.

Thanks for all of the support. I promise to start being a more productive and regular member of this group soon.

@Robin: sounds like things are looking up for you. So glad to read it.
    @RobinB: Walking by the beach is one of my all time favorite activities. It sounds like it was great!
    @Hanasea: Really impressed with you squeezing the fitness in. I hope that the work stress lets up soon.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Robin- I am so happy that you can get back to exercising again and doing a variation of the exercises that you love. How is the night guard working for you?

Tom- Good to see you popping in again.

Laura- GREAT NSV. The fact those shorts fit is a sign of progress. Glad to hear that you are resting your knees. Web-MD can be a dangerous place and we can be swayed into thinking we have something that we don't really have. Get the blood test just for you own piece of mind.

Cherry- You can make the change in your lifestyle and as someone else said- Look at the big picture and not just the little setbacks. Remember that this is a lifelong journey and it will take a while for you to find what works for you during this process. Most of have gone through the trail and error phase of this process but the key is we did not give up. Yes, we have fallen off the wagon but we get back up and try again. The best advice I can give is to find one thing that you can start to change today and do that for the week. Then change something else next week. For example, instead of chips eat an apple or other fruit or veggie that you like. Walking is hard but walk each day- distance does not matter just try to go a little farther each time you walk. You will build endurance the more you walk and it will help with the cardio fitness. Check back with us often and ask questions, most of us can answer a variety of questions based on our experiences during this journey.

Kaye- You progress constantly amazes me. Did you know that a 5K translates to 3.1 miles. Every time you walk you are completing a 5K. :laugh: :drinker: If you google 5 K in your area, you will most likely come up with a runner's website listing the 5K in your area. If I am looking for a race this is what I do. Here is the website- You select the state and filter by different options. http://www.runningintheusa.com/race/List.aspx?State=MD

Nettie-Some of the areas near me had snow but we just had some sleet. I like seeing my room clean but there is so much left to do.

Here is the website for the virtual races from Moon Joggers. http://www.moonjoggers.com/apollo-2014-boston/

I was also thinking that for our May challenge we could do our own virtual milage challenge/ race. I would be happy to track the results if I can figure out how to use google documents. Then we can set a goals for ourselves using any of our favorite exercises. If you are interested let me know what you are thinking and we can work on the details. It would be a way for all of us to do something together regardless of the distance.

Today, I had a good workout with my trainer as we worked on swimming exercises, which all supported the core. The hardest exercise today was the planks on a ball. That required a concentrated effort to maintain a stable core so the ball would not move. I was forewarned that it would be an exercise ball workout and she knows how much I dislike the exercise ball, due to the movement of the ball.

Tonight, I forced myself out of my comfort zone and went out with a different social meet up group. I had tried this group before but was not comfortable with them and thought they were very clicky. It was a better experience tonight and luckily I saw some familiar faces from my other meet up group. Guy- who is the brother of a friend of mine, walked me home tonight. The bar was only 4 blocks away so it made sense to walk. It was nice to have him walk me home and it was then that he remembered who I was that we danced at his sister's wedding in March. The best compliment was that he thought I was in my late 20-early 30's. I had to laugh since I am 43 but I don't look my age.

This has been a good week for exercise but Spring break is going to quickly.

Truth- Candy keeps finding it's way to my mouth- not a good thing but at least I am attempting to work it off.

Sunday- Bike (26.22 Miles) and run (.5 miles)
    Monday- Swim and trainer Trainer yes, Swim NO (issues at pool)
    Tuesday-Cleaning/ rest day DONE
    Wednesday- Trainer??? for strength or running Swim Practice DONE
    Thursday- rest Trainer workout DONE
    Friday- Climbing
    Saturday- swim team practice and bike ride
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    5.7 miles with Nicole pushing me all the way. It was closer to 3.5 mph. Nicole told me that the Angel Wings Network, a local group that helps people going through cancer treatments, has an annual 5K. I'm going to call them tomorrow.
    Keep up the good work. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @cherry - Every person on this thread who has lost weight started exactly where you are. 100+ pounds to lose and afraid of failure. I certainly did. I had all my excuses lined up so I'd be ready when I didn't lose any weight. I was shocked when I didn't need them. And for the first 6 months, I did no exercise other than the occasional walk and lost 80+ lbs. What I did do was simply log what I ate and stayed within my calorie goal set by MFP. I had a few bad days, but made the decision to forgive myself and go on. That's the most important thing. Don't quit. Ever. You can do this. Just take it a day at a time. It's worth the effort.

Busy work day, so no time for any more personals. I'll try and get caught up over the weekend.

April Renaissance - Fighting Complacency:

At or under Calorie goal: 15/30

Exercise Goals:

Saturday - 5 miles walking DONE
    Sunday - 3 miles walking DONE
    Monday- Rest Day DONE
    Tuesday - Pilates DONE
    Wednesday - Cardio/Weights/Stretch DONE
    Thursday - Pilates DONE
    Friday - Cardio/Weights/Stretch
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I was going to say basically the same thing as Lives2Travel... there's really no luck involved. Eat your calories, track everything, stay within the goals MFP sets for you. When you have a bad day, move on and remember this is a lifetime commitment. It does help me to look at the big picture and remember that if I'm over one day, it doesn't mean I'm over for the week... I try to make sure it all balances out by the end of the week if I have a splurge! :)

It's long walk day here... Resting this morning and carb-loading a bit... 15 miles this afternoon at 3.75-4.0 mph. Already planning what I'm going to do with ALL THOSE CALORIES! :tongue: Estimated burn will be around 2,000... considering my daily calories are only 1540, it's going to be a delicious evening. :wink:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I thought I posted yesterday? :noway: I guess I didn’t, it was crazy here – between the software upgrade and our purchasing rep being out on medical, I don’t know if I’m coming or going.

@Kaye~5.7 miles? Stupendous! That is almost a 10k. :wink:

@Laura~Great NSV! It’s always nice to shop in your own closet.

@Cherry~Everyone has to start somewhere. I literally woke up one day, in the worst shape of my life – I smoked, drank like a fish and was 100+ pounds overweight. Honestly, a lifetime had gone by – I was closing in on 40 at that time and had no idea where my life had gone. I quit smoking cold turkey and cut back on drinking – when I got to work that day I found a Weight Watchers meeting to attend that night and I never looked back. I lost 75# in a year on WW, making some lifelong friends along the way but it did eventually quit working for me. That is when I found MFP and my trainer. MFP, my trainer and the wonderful friends I have made on this thread have helped me to shed another 40#. Having the people here in your pocket helps so much – they always have a shoulder to cry on when life is throwing me curveballs or if I’m really struggling. You cannot think of this as a “diet,” it is a lifestyle change – you need to change habits and the way you think about food. Eat to live, don’t live to eat. My advice is for you to change one thing, make it habit – once you have established that new habit change something else. Like Kaye said, get active – find an exercise that you love doing and will do, then do it every day. Lastly, don’t look at the big picture – it can be daunting. Set smaller goals for yourself – whether it’s a weight loss goal or another goal, then reward yourself (not with food) when you’ve reached that goal. Be good to yourself and maintain a positive attitude – you’re worth it!

@Laurie~I like the idea of the virtual mileage challenge for May. Glad you enjoyed the meet-up group last night, proud of you for going – what a great compliment too. Lots of people are shocked when they find out I’m 45 – I look about 30. We have a great gene pool! :laugh:

@RobinB~Lifting the weights I lift is a year in the making I think, I’ve worked my way up. When I started with my trainer it was all about balance and stability, eventually working our way towards the weights. I’m so much stronger now – you’ll get there, just keep with it! You’re really doing awesome with your walking, shin splints and all. :wink:

@Nettie~Hooray for the floors being done!

@littleshadow~Hope your long walk goes well today and that your legs/feet hold up!

AFM~Good workout with trainer last night – lots walking and agility drills, plus some baseball (he says hitting the ball works my core – um, okay) and kettle bells. I may run my own 5k tomorrow for grins, if it’s nice out – although I need to get in the gym, as my trainer said yesterfday I haven’t been on the evil stairmaster for a while. :grumble: Today I have some running around to do after work, my parents are coming for a visit tomorrow, then trainer on Sunday. The good news is that the gain from vacation is gone, as of this morning! Now, hopefully next week I can report an actual loss.

On another note, I’m really enjoying Bob Harper’s Skinny Rules – it’s a good read and I’m learning some interesting things. Hope to try out one or two of his recipes this weekend.

April Renaissance:

Planks 17/30
    Under Calories 14/30

Tentative Exercise Goals:

Sunday~Trainer DONE!
    Monday~Cardio/resistance outside DONE! (running drills)
    Tuesday~Cardio DONE! (Elliptical at home)
    Wednesday~Cardio NOT DONE (stuck at work late)
    Thursday~Trainer DONE!
    Friday~Rest Day
    Saturday~Cardio
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Just a quick post today.

I had a terrible day yesterday. I was exhausted yesterday and didn't get much accomplished. Every time I got up off the couch I realized how tired I was and sat back down. I was also ravenous to the point nothing satisfied me so I just mindlessly ate. I have not had a day like that in a very long time, I think since before starting on MFP. I don't know how much of each I ate so I didn't log it. I do know it was definitely over my caloric range and not pretty. I logged up until lunch. After lunch I scarfed down peanut butter chips, pumpkin seeds, veggie straws, chinese food for dinner, robins eggs, grapes. (Hey at least the grapes and pumpkin seeds were healthy, right?!!!) I am just going to chalk it up to "one of those days" and move on. I woke up today feeling pretty good but still a bit sleepy. Ironically my stomach is not bothering me at all after yesterday's food fest/binge.

Hope everyone has a great day.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I am in lazy vacation mode still, will return to personals next week. To the newlings... I made so many excuses for the fact that I was fat... Low thyroid (never even checked, but runs in the family), injuries, birth control hormones, so many more I can't think of right now. Finally I stopped and looked at what I was eating, how much and how often, and how little I moved. Started logging in MFP, exercising and only eating when hungry. What a huge difference it makes. We are all completely in control of our weight, and need to make a change we can do for life. No fads, no gimmicks, shakes, teas, etc. if you are not going to continue something like that for the rest of your life, don't waste your energy on it. I'm learning how to eat and move for the rest of my life. Over 2 months in, I've got all the tools I need and am going along quite easily. There are slip ups, but getting right back on track and not feeling guilty about it is key to sustaining a new lifestyle.

One NSV yesterday... Went out for dinner at Golden Corral (I'm Canadian, so we don't get the chance to eat there often but were in Michigan for the day), chose my food, logged it after and here were the results:

1644 cals consumed, stayed away from heavy carbs, creamy salads and only had one piece of fudge for dessert. Ate to just over full, but enjoyed every bite. Sounds pretty bad, right? Well, I was over my daily calorie total by only 167 calories, and down .4 lbs on the scale from yesterday. I think that's pretty fantastic!!!

@little... I'm interested to know what you eat to "carb load" before a long walk. I'm on diet break next week and will have an extra 5-700 calories to eat per day, with 3 strenuous workouts to do. I know I need more carbs before workout but not sure what the best foods to eat would be. My idea of carbs are still pasta, rice and bread, but I don't eat those much any more.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Laurie"s quote below has a suggestion and offer for the May Challenge - I support this and think its a fun idea:

"I was also thinking that for our May challenge we could do our own virtual milage challenge/ race. I would be happy to track the results if I can figure out how to use google documents. Then we can set a goals for ourselves using any of our favorite exercises. If you are interested let me know what you are thinking and we can work on the details. It would be a way for all of us to do something together regardless of the distance."

WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE THINK ABOUT THIS FOR THE MAY CHALLENGE? HUH?
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I love that idea for the May challenge... I'm in! I'm a bit confused as to how it would work, but I'm sure it will be explained again.
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well, I missed the gym last night. It was pouring down rain when it was time to walk over and parking is atrocious at my building so when you get a good spot you KEEP IT (another reason why I walk to the gym)! And well, I guess I just needed an excuse. I have been very tired this week so perhaps it was a win/win. Weather permitting; I will make up for it over the weekend.

I did have an epiphany yesterday as I was waiting to see if the rain was going to stop long enough for me to walk to the gym. While I was on the treadmill Wednesday there was another woman walking on another treadmill. She was the same size as me or maybe a touch smaller, looked to be around my age (but I could be wrong because I am horrible at guesstimated age) and she was prodding along at a clip of 2.9 mph and looked like she was just on a leisurely stroll. At 2.9 mph for me, I am nearly at a full sprint and about to do a face plant screaming, “JANE, STOP THIS CRAZY THING!!” (For you youngsters; that’s a reference to George Jetson from the Jetson’s cartoon walking their dog Astro on a “space” treadmill). I also thought about the retired snowbirds that were passing my daughter and me last Saturday when we were walking along the beach. Then I realized - there is a reason that there is a handicap placard hanging from the rearview mirror in my car! I HAVE LIMITATIONS! I have improved my mobility and leg strength by leaps and bounds in just the last 3 months. I can walk for 60 minutes! A few months ago I couldn’t walk 60 seconds without issues. So, I am allowing myself to hold a status quo from time to time without such lofty expectations. I am also allowing myself to be happy with the progress I have made even if there is never any improvement in speed or duration from here on out. Hell, it was just a few short years ago I was walking with a leg brace and cane! (I supposed this may have been my “Just” moment!) :wink:

@Cherry – Like so many others have said, the big picture is where it’s at! It’s hard; heaven knows it’s HARD to not sweat the small stuff. I struggle with that daily. Here’s a quote for you to think about and maybe repeat to yourself when you are feeling defeated about your new lifestyle, “A year from now, you’ll wish you would have started today”.

@Kaye – You continue to inspire me! I was going to suggest the same website as Laurie and someone else had suggested for finding 5k runs/walks in your area. You may be surprised of what’s going on in your area; I sure was when I checked out events in my area.

@Nettie – Don’t sweat the small stuff, just SWEAT!! (I think this will be my new motto!) :laugh: You had an awesome week last week so a “crap” day like you had yesterday can be forgiven! Now hop back on that bunny trail and get your Fitbit crankin’!

@Laurie – I’m on board for the virtual challenge too! That sounds fun! Your night out sounds like it was a success, good for you!

@Heidi – with those exercise calories, you could pig out on anything tonight!! :drinker:

@Kelley – My son will be home next month for at least a 3-4 weeks before going back to college for football summer training. I plan on him cracking the whip at me with the weights. When he was home for Spring Break last month, we only had time to do upper body. I don’t know how much I can do with legs, but I am anxious to get started on some core stuff.

@Tanya – I am petrified of Golden Corral! If I could bring in my food scale and weigh my portions without getting dirty looks, then maybe I could handle it! :laugh: Although, I have found that the last few times I’ve eaten out, I wasn’t impressed. Actually, a few times I was outright disappointed that I “wasted splurge calories on THAT”! :grumble:

Until next time; wishing everyone peace, love and weight loss!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :bigsmile:

and...

Don’t sweat the small stuff, just SWEAT!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. It has been a strange week but all seems to be calming down now. I had a nice walk with the dogs this morning though I had to modify the route as there was a strange dog on one of the roads we usually go down who wasnt confined and was behaving very aggerssivley. I got to follow the walk up with doggie baths because of Mr. Zeus. After helping mom fall twice in the last month I was giving his leash a tug because he was busy smelling something and he literally fell over sideways into a mud puddle. At that point it was swimming and he proceeded to roll around in it like he was a little piggy or something. :laugh: The joys of pets. My eating has been hit or miss this week but more good then bad I think. As for fitness I took a couple days off from walking due to weather and sheer laziness but I will still be over my bare minimum of 150 min for the week.

Robin I am happy to hear you finally got the mouthgaurd. I hope it helps bring you some releif. I love pansies. My front flowerbed is full of them.
    jnettie I bet your new floors are gorgeous. I wish I was being as diligent with my cleaning. My house is definitley in need of some sprucing.
    Karen I dont envy you having to do all that grading. English was always one of my favorite subjects in school but while I loved to write my grammer and punctuation made many a teacher shake their heads at me.

I love the idea for the May challenge. I think it would be a lot of fun. Well I guess I better get busy or I wont get anything done today either. Have a great day everyone.:flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart:
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Got my workout in with my sister. We discussed that we can "thank" our dad for our sweatiness. It's so disgusting, but at least I don't stink. :laugh:

Other than that, just the status quo...still struggling with food, but my exercise is falling into place. And on that note, off to supper. :bigsmile: My family is all in town from now until Sunday morning, so I won't be on here much (if at all). My plan for the Easter weekend is to enjoy and just keep an eye on portions. We kinda potluck it so I would never know all the ingredients anyway. Going to try to eat slow and enjoy and let my stomach send signals instead of snarfing it all down like I'll never eat again. :devil:

Here's the cake I did for Easter. WISHING YOU AND YOURS A BLESSED EASTER!

image_zpsd920c920.jpg

DARN IT...I think I know how to do it and then FAIL...well, I'll try to upload it later...gotta run.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Welcome to all of the newlings! :flowerforyou:

I love the May challenge idea!

@nettie--so happy that your floors are all done--that must be such a relief to have that project done. We got about 2 inches of snow on Monday--and yes it stuck so the ground was covered and it looked like a winter wonderland the next morning. It all melted by Tuesday afternoon though.

@laurie--nice compliment that you look so young! :smile:

@robinB--I love your "just" moment!! :drinker:

@tanya--I've never done such a long race as heidi, but I always eat heavier carbs before a 5k. Usually that just means whole wheat pancakes for breakfast instead of eggs if it's a morning race. If it's an evening race, I eat more carbs throughout the day. One funny fact, I've had some of my best runs (not races, but just for exercise) on days when I've splurged and eaten something like chocolate cake for breakfast. I think it's actually pretty fitting that my body's fuel of choice is cake. :laugh:

@heidi--enjoy those extra calories. I always joke that if I ever run a marathon, I will be ordering full fat java chip frappuccinos for weeks. :laugh:

@kaye--wootwoot on the 5.7 miles! As laurie said, 3.1 = 5k, 5 = 8k, and 6.2 = 10k--so like kelley said you are almost at the 10k point! :drinker:

@laura--love the shorts NSV--and who cares if Old Navy runs larger? The point is those shorts didn't fit so well before (which is why they were clean and at the bottom of the dresser drawer) and now they do!! :drinker:

Friday Fitness:
    I took yesterday as a rest day b/c I had plans to go out with friends after work. Today I went to my sister's and we walked to the park with my niece. I spent the better part of 2 hours running around with my niece and climbing all over the playground equipment with her. It was a lot of fun, but now I'm exhausted. I thought I might go to the gym tonight, but I will take gunner for a second walk instead and hit the gym hard tomorrow.

As of wednesday I was back in the black with my calories for the month. I had made up for all of those dinners out during my conference the week prior. Yesterday, I went a little over, but I will make up for those calories too. This plan seems to be working b/c I finally lost a pound. I have 1 more pound to get back to my pre-holiday weight of 185. :happy:

Grading Goals:
    1. 18/50 satirical cartoon analyses
    2. x/70 AP essays

Exercise goals:
    Mon--gym DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Thurs--rest day
    Fri--not sure--spending the day with my niece
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
    Sun--walk gunner

Wall sit = 55 sec
    Forearm plank = 60 sec
  • littleshadowfeet
    Options
    We did it... 15 miles in the bag. It was not an easy walk, fought to find a comfortable stride for most of it. We did it in 3:58 which is decent for a long distance... our 13.1 time was 3:26 which is really good, a huge improvement from our slow and painful 3:56 half marathon we did last October. What a difference 6 months makes. :smile: Enjoying some nachos, buffalo chicken bites and beer tonight... granted, not as much as I planned on eating, because I just can't eat like I used to. Another nice problem to have! Room for some chocolate at the end of the day, which is always a good thing. :tongue: I am extremely sore but hoping ice and rest settle my ankle so I can enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Love the May challenge idea, although I wish it had been sooner so I could take advantage of more training miles! :laugh:
    @little... I'm interested to know what you eat to "carb load" before a long walk. I'm on diet break next week and will have an extra 5-700 calories to eat per day, with 3 strenuous workouts to do. I know I need more carbs before workout but not sure what the best foods to eat would be. My idea of carbs are still pasta, rice and bread, but I don't eat those much any more.

I'm basically low-carb in my daily eating - I do 30% carbs/fat and 40% protein, so there's not room for bread or pasta for the most part. When we're gearing up for a *long* training walk, I trying incorporate more of that sort of thing in before we head out. So for breakfast this morning I had a poached egg on toast (1 slice) and the for lunch I had a pb sandwich and a banana... I also use either gu or energy beans during the long walks to keep my energy up. It's hard for me to do that when I usually try to avoid sugar and bread, but I know my body needs it if I'm planning on racewalking 3-4 miles! I stick to whole grains but allow myself to have bread and pasta in reasonable amounts, and not worry quite so much about my macros.
  • littleshadowfeet
    Options
    and by "3-4 miles" I mean "3-4" hours. Big difference. :wink:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Just popping in tonight. Went climbing again but my arms were screaming at me during a couple of the climbs. Thanks to the workout from my trainer on Thursday. Heading to bed early tonight so I can be up for swimming tomorrow morning. Then I be going bike riding. Sunday will most likely become a rest day unless I decide to walk.

Have a great weekend.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    LittleShadow- Phew! 15 miles in under 4 hours! You're my hero. I bet those nachos tasted wonderful. :)

Skinny- Yay for the pound down! I wish my body ran on chocolate cake. Well....I used to try to run it on chocolate cake, but the gears got jammed. :wink:

tlh- I started off last year complaining about 'the smelliest man at the gym' to my friends. Well....now, I've discovered that I just may be 'the smelliest woman at the gym'!:noway: I wish I would just sweat roses. :laugh: Have a happy Easter with your family!

JT- Oh, Zeus! Sounds like he's on a roll lately!

RobinB- Nice epiphany! We don't all have the same goals, and it's not appropriate that we would. Maybe your goal is to be able to say in a few months: "I have walked for 60 minutes a day for x-amount of days over the last six months!" There's your duration. :happy: Also, I love your new motto. Aaaand your Jetsons' reference. Nice.

Nettie- I think your body was swinging all the way over from your all-day-clean-a-thon the day before. Maybe you needed an all-day-sit-a-thon...but, maybe sans robins eggs and Chinese food. :wink: Oh, well. Pick up and get back on track tomorrow.

Kah- Vacation pounds gone! Woo hoo! We knew you'd burn them.

L2T- "Don't quit. Ever.".....can we get that embroidered on a pillow? I think I may make that a running mantra.

Kaye- I'm excited that you've found a 5K to try. I hope you enjoy it!

Laurie- People have been calling me ma'am since I was in my early twenties. I have "old-for-my-age-genes". :tongue:

Rain- I hope that everything comes out normal, knee and otherwise. Sometimes too much knowledge is a bad thing. Web MD can be like that. Super wahoo to your shorts NSV!! (Aren't you glad you were so behind on your laundry?) Get to those books and have a great end of the semester! (Do you kids still use books? Hit the laptop or tablet or whatever you do! :laugh: )

Tom- I'm glad you're still around. I always enjoy your quotes!

Ushkii- Portion control! Nice!

Robin- Your new squat position does sound like our wall-sits....but with a weight? Sounds harder!

Welcome to all the new people checking in! :flowerforyou: I think you've already gotten a lot of great advice from Kaye and L2T and the others. The actual mechanics of losing weight are simple and easy on paper. The problem is a commitment to doing what we need to do. Checking in with this group has helped me stay committed. Find the things that you can commit to and do them.

karenleona- Walk on by! Good for you.

AFM- Thanks to everyone on your kind comments regarding my work stress. I think I may just stay where I'm at. The other position would just be guaranteed more stress, and I'd have to travel to our 22 different clinics all the time. And be responsible for keeping EVERYONE compliant to regulatory agency requirements. I don't know that I'm ready for the buck to stop with me.
    Now, I just need to worry about someone being hired for our pod...sigh.

I'm in for a May mileage challenge. It will be perfect timing for me, because I've started training to run a 10K in June.

Today was a rest day for me, but of course, there is no rest for a mom and her two kids on Good Friday. We went on a scooter ride/roller skate/walk around the block (each to his own mode of travel) and the whole family went for a walk after dinner. And then there's all the activity of me trying to clean up after them and make laundry soap, haul and sort dirty clothes. I burned an extra 200 or so calories than I do on a normal work day.

April Renaissance:

1. Under calories: 10/30
    2. Wall sit: 13/30, 70 sec.
    3. Forearm Plank: 13/30, 45 sec.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    4.5 miles tonight at my comfortable 3.0 mph pace with Cathy and DH.
    I think a virtual competition would be fun. I admit that I don't understand how it would work, but I think I can learn.
    Typhoon Anya is getting more and more busy. I'm burning extra calories just keeping up with her. Its a month till school is out. I'm ready for the break! I thought that since she's one quarter Japanese 'typhoon' was more appropriate than 'hurricane'. The result is the same.
    Have a great day tomorrow. I have several things that need to be done. I wonder what I will choose.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    image_zpse53623aa1_zpse3092fe8.jpg

ddef1c0a-7de9-4a4d-b952-ac5ac29c6712_zpsf04abee3.jpg

Not sure why it let me resize the second one, but not the first :grumble: ...oh well. :smile: