6/2--Yoga
    6/3--4.58 miles

Loving all of the new kicks.

exercise.png
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    isulo_kura wrote: »
    @7lenny7 chaffing issues I and most people I know don't normally wear underwear, just shorts with a good liner or personally I prefer tights/cycleshorts like shorts. I never get any issues except in runs over around 4 or 5 hours in the rain (and I get a lot of rain where I run)

Same here. I wear running tights (full length in winter, shorts for most of the year). They look like this, no that's not my a**. Mine cost $43 CAD.

No chaffing. A good pair will survive your thighs rubbing until you drop enough that they no longer rub.

As for socks... I've never suffered from blisters or rubbing so I run in whatever sturdy comfy ankle socks I can find locally. If it is sodden outside (it rains a lot in Vancouver especially in Nov/Dec) I wear a light pair of wool cycling ankle socks, but other fibres can work for water shedding too. Obviously you don't want to wear cotton anywhere on your body when it is raining; I don't wear it anywhere when it isn't raining either. Not for running. After run... yes!
  • Missyb187
    Missyb187 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• fit_at_fifty
    fit_at_fifty Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    3.40 today for me, feeling happy :)

exercise.png

6.6 done 33.4 more to go
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    @Wendy1Fl - congratulations!
    @Pandora_and_her_box - thanks!

Slow start to the month for me, finally got out last night for a rough 2 miles. My husband and I have been busy taking down dead ash on our property, so I've done a lot of hauling to the brush piles and carrying and stacking logs. I've been very stiff and sore since the weekend, but we're taking a break from the trees for a few days. Our weekly group run is tonight, then we're going to a grad party Friday night, and Saturday we leave for South Dakota! My husband and I are both running the Deadwood-Mickelson Trail Marathon (him) and Half Marathon (me). I'm looking forward to the weekend - a beautiful part of the country I haven't been to yet and my first trail half!

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I guess that race time was a very nice surprise! If you got that PR taking it easy, I'm sure a sub-30:00 5k is just around the corner for you.

The only time I ran on a threadmill, I found it increadibly hard. Part of it might be that I somehow remembered that I read you should set a mill to a 10% incline to equal the wind resistance and forward movement you'd get outside. Those were really miserable 40 minutes with more than one walking break. I found out later that I'd remembered wrong and you were supposed to set it to 1%, but the experience was horrible enough that I never tried again ;-)

@_nikkiwolf_ sounds like you got a nice hill workout in. :smile:

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    June 4th = 7.4 miles
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    6/02/15 - 6.25 miles
    6/03/15 - 3.3 miles
    6/04/15 - 6 miles

exercise.png

• isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

1/6 - Recovery
    2/6 - 14.4 miles (2 runs Trail) Hill repeats
    3/6 - 11.2 Miles (Trail easy pace)
    4/6 - 12.9 Miles (Trail) More Hills

A pretty brutal Hill session today by the 4th time over the summit my legs really new about it around 1900 feet of climbing

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    6/1 - 5 miles
    6/2 - 5.3 miles
    6/3 - 3.2 miles
    6/4 - 4.4 miles

17.9 out of 120 miles

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    @7lenny7 - I can't help with the chafing issue either, much to my daughter's horror I run commando. I agree on shoes that drain while you run and good socks. Glad to hear the achilles is feeling much better.
    @kristinegift LOL humidity is no one's friend! We were in Florida for 4 days and I would get back to the house and literally the sweat would be dripping off me, living in "northern" Alabama I'm not used to that any more.
    @isulo_kura I am so humbled by you hill running people, I just suck at hills. I think I need to force myself out of my comfort zone and do some work on that.

• ALongWayAway
    ALongWayAway Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Am I too late to join? I only just saw the thread :)
    I'm a newbie, so I'll set a target of 25 miles this month...
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom I always tell myself in the hills that I'll enjoy the decent. Today that wasn't the case as my legs were pretty well shot at the end so descending rocky trails at speed wasn't going to happen unless I want to face plant ;) . I've learned to 'enjoy' climbs just because I know they're good for me (do I sound convincing?)
  • cheliebee
    cheliebee Posts: 40 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • bab275
    bab275 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 100!
    exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    isulo_kura wrote: »
    @skippygirlsmom I always tell myself in the hills that I'll enjoy the decent. Today that wasn't the case as my legs were pretty well shot at the end so descending rocky trails at speed wasn't going to happen unless I want to face plant ;) . I've learned to 'enjoy' climbs just because I know they're good for me (do I sound convincing?)

LOL Almost! I ran last week a few days at Fort Rucker in Alabama and the roads are more rolling hills then I'm used to, I really enjoyed it. Maybe I have a hill runner down deep and just need to bring her out :smiley:
  • Harpin_Maddog
    Harpin_Maddog Posts: 52 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    8 miles.
    44884e12c31f449.png
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Some very hot and sweaty miles so far this month. Looking forward to returning to the cooler north on Saturday.

6/2 - 5 miles
    6/3 - 4.5 miles
    6/4 - 5 miles

Total: 14.5 miles
    Goal: 140 miles
    Remaining: 125.5 miles
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @Jackie0Marie - I will check out the app. I have not heard of it before.
    @_nikkiwolf_ - I hate treadmills incline or no incline! Also Skora is a small running shoe company out of Seattle. They have been getting lots of great reviews including in the latest RunnersWorld shoe analysis. I found them by searching for zero drop shoes like my Altras and BTW I loved my Altras but I like the Skoras even better.
    @7lenny7 - I LOVE rain runs too. I have never had a chafing problem so I am no help there but I have also heard good things about Body Glide and definitely no cotton - anywhere... rain or otherwise. It can make your run miserable (think sticky, wet, heavy cotton dragging you down). I wear Smartwool PhD Ultra thin running socks. They keep the moisture away from my feet and I have rarely had a blister and when I have it has been from my shoe rubbing.
    @skippygirlsmom and @isulo_kura - I too need to do more hills. Maybe next weekend I can drive to the park and run hills... sigh! I don't like to have to drive somewhere to run. Oh and Duncan - you sound VERY convincing...well...almost :)
    @autumnblade75 - that is really interesting about your treadmill. They are evil you know :) Seriously I am so glad it has worked in your favor and I am sure there is a sub 30 min 5K in your future!
    @Daisy471 - Good luck on your Half and his Full this weekend!

Was not sure how my hamstring would be this morning and much to my surprise it felt great!. Wore my other pair of new Skora's and they are much more minimal than the 1st pair. They felt great but I am not sure I would run on anything other than a paved trail in them and probably not longer than 5 miles. I guess I may change my mind over time though. I ran some sprints and was even able to get a few under a 9m/mi! I couldn't sustain it for long though even though my HR only maxed out at 136. I have never run long enough at that pace for it to be notable. It was cool and beautiful out, tomorrow there is a chance of rain and then into the 90s over the weekend! need to get my running in early!

Date.......Miles......Total
    06/01.....5.49.......5.49
    06/02.....4.71.....10.20 - Race pace +Strength training
    06/03.....0.00.....10.20 - Rest
    06/04.....4.15.....14.35 - Sprints +Strength training

exercise.png