• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    jorinya wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    She is old and wants to look like a 21 year old.

Can you explain what you mean by that?

I don't need to explain if you don't know her story google it. @yopeeps025, na wah oo. E dey craz ooo.

What does her story have to do with answering my OP?

Talk about turning on one of your own. Hmmmm. Nice

WHAT?

• MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    18217601.jpg

I went to a Madonna concert 3 years ago and she was dancing her @ss off the whole entire time and sounded amazing. I am in my 20's (and dance) and I would not be able to keep up with her and dance for that long. I would be dead on the stage. She has worked out and had a very fit lifestyle FOR YEARS. If anyone is implying she bought muscles...LOL! That's cute. Even if she has had some work done, ok, who cares? That doesn't take anything away from her. She is still obviously fit and busts her butt in order to do 2 hours of intense cardio and sing at the same time for multiple dates in a row for a few years at a time. But, hey, that's just taking feels out of the equation and using logic.

She looks awesome, lean, and fit - not bulky. The idea of the thread was to point out people are using the word "bulky" incorrectly or so I gather from the OP.

Carry on.
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Let's see if I got this correctly...

Older people, who are least older than 21, shouldn't what? Lift? Because if they do, they are what? "Trying to look younger," yet they "are the owners of their body."

Well, that clears that up. :D:p

That's not what I meant and you know it. I don't like the plastic surgery she is said to have had. Anyone can lift weights, I would be doing it now if I wasn't ill. There are natural ways of looking younger, like healthy eating and exercise, you don't have to go under the knife for that.

@yopeeps025 , story as in plastic surgery.

I'm entitled to my view and opinion and if anyone doesn't like my view or opinion, that's fine by me. You can't please everyone.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,588 Member
    Options
    does old = unattractive and desperate for youth?

this is what im learning from this thread
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Muscular, lean, but no way bulky. Oh and, super low body fat. If she was younger I am sure she wouldn't have a period.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    ColdPlum wrote: »
    Meh, I don't see the value in setting up a post to judge a woman's (or anyone's) appearance. I hope that she has an appreciation for her body, just as I have an appreciation for mine, even though she and I and everyone else looks different.

The point was so people don't use wrong terminology to explain why they don't lift weights a certain way.

I agree that there is little value in judging the body of someone else. Bulky is a subjective term. What's not bulky to you might be bulky to someone else. Like skinny, fat, big, tall, short, etc. Your post won't change that.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options

I went to a Madonna concert 3 years ago and she was dancing her @ss off the whole entire time and sounded amazing. I am in my 20's (and dance) and I would not be able to keep up with her and dance for that long. I would be dead on the stage. She has worked out and had a very fit lifestyle FOR YEARS. If anyone is implying she bought muscles...LOL! That's cute. Even if she has had some work done, ok, who cares? That doesn't take anything away from her. She is still obviously fit and busts her butt in order to do 2 hours of intense cardio and sing at the same time for multiple dates in a row for a few years at a time. But, hey, that's just taking feels out of the equation and using logic.

She looks awesome, lean, and fit - not bulky. The idea of the thread was to point out people are using the word "bulky" incorrectly or so I gather from the OP.

Carry on.

Yes but can Gwen Stefani do that, because that would make it different. LMAO... :D
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Oh! I forgot to mention if you construct a sentence saying "If she were younger" and do not understand how that implies you were saying they were too old for x,y,z...then there is no hope for you.

f1cb3213249c849827956a72442401f6.jpg

• jorinya
    Options
    Ok so if someone has a different opinion than you they are automatically wrong. Everyone has to have the same opinion of things, no one is allowed to be different. I must have missed the information on that subject. I thought we could form our own opinion. Well you learn something new everyday. As for Madonna, personally I feel she is too much muscle but I forgot I'm not allowed have my own opinion. Silly me.
  • MOMOEATER
    MOMOEATER Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    does old = unattractive and desperate for youth?

this is what im learning from this thread

apparently so, but for some, "old" is still a privilege
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ColdPlum wrote: »
    Meh, I don't see the value in setting up a post to judge a woman's (or anyone's) appearance. I hope that she has an appreciation for her body, just as I have an appreciation for mine, even though she and I and everyone else looks different.

The point was so people don't use wrong terminology to explain why they don't lift weights a certain way.

I agree that there is little value in judging the body of someone else. Bulky is a subjective term. What's not bulky to you might be bulky to someone else. Like skinny, fat, big, tall, short, etc. Your post won't change that.

Both the fitness industry and the English dictionary do have definitions for terms like bulky and muscular. As such, it is in fact possible to use them incorrectly, which can lead to confusion.

As discussed in this thread by @ninerbuff:
    bulk·y (blk)
    adj. bulk·i·er, bulk·i·est
    1. Having considerable bulk; massive.
    2. Of large size for its weight: a bulky knit.
    3. Clumsy to manage; unwieldy.

mus·cu·lar (msky-lr)
    adj.
    1. Of, relating to, or consisting of muscle: muscular contraction.
    2. Having well-developed muscles: a muscular build.
    3. Having or suggesting great forcefulness, especially at the expense of subtlety: muscular reasoning that does not bother with the finer points; muscular advocacy groups.

Then again, I suppose people can view any amount of lean mass as “bulky”, and there isn’t much you can do about that…
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,541 Member
    Options
    Ok so if someone has a different opinion than you they are automatically wrong. Everyone has to have the same opinion of things, no one is allowed to be different. I must have missed the information on that subject. I thought we could form our own opinion. Well you learn something new everyday. As for Madonna, personally I feel she is too much muscle but I forgot I'm not allowed have my own opinion. Silly me.

crying-waterfalls.gif
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

You have the right to your opinion no matter how wrong it is.

• jorinya
    Options
    Actually I'm laughing. This is making me feel way better.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Let's see if I got this correctly...

Older people, who are least older than 21, shouldn't what? Lift? Because if they do, they are what? "Trying to look younger," yet they "are the owners of their body."

Well, that clears that up. :D:p

That's not what I meant and you know it. I don't like the plastic surgery she is said to have had. Anyone can lift weights, I would be doing it now if I wasn't ill. There are natural ways of looking younger, like healthy eating and exercise, you don't have to go under the knife for that.
    And plastic surgery changes your statement how? You are making a special plead.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    No way, I would love to have arms like that. she is fit that's for sure.
    Options
    Silly me, but I was offering my opinion, however I am not crying about your opinion I am offering a counter argument. But then again, another special plead from you as to why the rest of us should shut the heck up.
  • leahgoldgirl
    leahgoldgirl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as "too bulky".
  • jorinya
    Options

She won't marry you so cry my friend cry. Lol
    Options
    Actually I'm laughing. This is making me feel way better.

What are you? Some kind of grief vampire?