My dietitian gave me this diet program i need your opinion

Replies

• kuriakos_chris
    kuriakos_chris Posts: 48 Member
    Sorry but this is not healthy. Its like you eat nothing.
    Eat banana only after your workout, if you workout. Else dont.
    Add protein to every meal of yours.
    Eat as many salad as you want, since its calorie free and have nutrition things.
    Dont eat the fruit at night, Better one at the morning with 1 egg and some whites, and he other at evening. Not more than 2 fruits a day.
    Eat healthy fats. Either from olive oil or coconaut oil or from eggs, penaut butter.
    Eat some potato or rice.
    Well there are many things i could say but unless you know your maintenance calories, you cant just eat blind.
    Make some searches about how to find your maintenance calories intake. Then log here in MFP and make a diet plan listing foods i mentioned. You can also make arrangments or replace some foods but this is a general idea.Good luck.!
  • Megais
    Megais Posts: 28 Member
    Is this diet healthy?
    Breakfast: 1 cup of instant coffee with no sugar + 1 banana
    Lunch: large bowl of salad + 200g of protiens
    Dinner: 2 kinds of fruits

Did she give you the serving sizes of the fruits for dinner and salads at lunch? The hardest part for me to understand is why all of the protein is to be consumed at lunch.
    I would be asking the dietician to better explain the plan because it doesn't sound very healthy at all, and you have paid her for the consult. I think you would do better to just put your info into MFP and try to meet your macro and calorie target
  • jcoughlin78
    jcoughlin78 Posts: 2 Member
    sounds like a very bad diet. No lisenced dietician would recomend eating like this
  • jcoughlin78
    jcoughlin78 Posts: 2 Member
    sounds like a very bad diet. No lisenced dietician would recomend eating like this
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    PopeyeCT wrote: »
    So...
    A banana for breakfast.
    TWO POUNDS of hamburger for lunch. (that's 8 Big Mac's.)
    An apple and a grape for dinner.

Sounds pretty idiotic. You should probably get a second opinion.

^ 200g is not 2lb. 227g is 1/2lb. 454g is 1lb. Please do your conversions before scaring the OP.

But yes, I agree, OP, you need a second opinion.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    She said that im considered as obese so according to this she gave me this diet

I'm obese and losing on 1500 cals/day. What your "dietitian" gave you seems like a more boring version of the bogus 3-day military diet. At least people following that get ice cream.

You're not in trouble, so I'm not sure what your dietitian is punishing you for.

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    I tried to sum up the calories for this diet, the total is 450 cal per day!!!

Nope, 200g of burger is 600 on its own.
  • Laramary602
    Laramary602 Posts: 52 Member
    She said that im considered as obese so according to this she gave me this diet

I'm obese and losing on 1500 cals/day. What your "dietitian" gave you seems like a more boring version of the bogus 3-day military diet. At least people following that get ice cream.

You're not in trouble, so I'm not sure what your dietitian is punishing you for.

I am not following this diet anymore, i will start to log in what i eat (healthy food) and counting the calories till i reach 1200 cal and see what happens, tell me about you exercise
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    OP--the important thing is that you don't feel well on this diet. You are not supposed to suffer. This is the first problem to fix. I agree not to throw any more money at this person without a second opinion. In the meantime, plug your stats into MFP (it's free) and see what you get. Start there and eat up to the calories given you. Loosely follow what she gave you, eat veggies, a little olive oil, protein, some fruit. Weigh all your food, and see how you feel after a week. In Lebanon you should be on the Mediterraean diet naturally, so I'd follow that, just watch your calories. Best of luck. B)
  • Laramary602
    OP--the important thing is that you don't feel well on this diet. You are not supposed to suffer. This is the first problem to fix. I agree not to throw any more money at this person without a second opinion. In the meantime, plug your stats into MFP (it's free) and see what you get. Start there and eat up to the calories given you. Loosely follow what she gave you, eat veggies, a little olive oil, protein, some fruit. Weigh all your food, and see how you feel after a week. In Lebanon you should be on the Mediterraean diet naturally, so I'd follow that, just watch your calories. Best of luck. B)
    Thank you for your advices im have started doing what you have said :)

• runrascal
    runrascal Posts: 53 Member
    Did she mean you to do this EVERY day? On a 5:2 diet you would have this many calories on the 2 fasting days only. And INSTANT coffee - the ultimate insult to a starving person.
  • Laramary602
    runrascal wrote: »
    Did she mean you to do this EVERY day? On a 5:2 diet you would have this many calories on the 2 fasting days only. And INSTANT coffee - the ultimate insult to a starving person.
    I think she has copied the HCG diet (500 cal) but she replaced some food

• runrascal
    Whatever, this calorie intake is not sustainable 7/7. A hospitalised obese patient under daily supervision would usually have 500 - 800 calories per day and they aren't moving about much. How long are you meant to keep to this? Also may I ask what your height and weight is?
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    She shouldn't recommend anything that isn't sustainable and that definitely isn't sustainable.

Count your calories, weigh your food for accuracy, make wise choices, get a little exercise and save a little calories for goodies. Calories in, calories out, is sustainable and can be a lifestyle change.
  • Laramary602
    Whatever, this calorie intake is not sustainable 7/7. A hospitalised obese patient under daily supervision would usually have 500 - 800 calories per day and they aren't moving about much. How long are you meant to keep to this? Also may I ask what your height and weight is?
    I am supposed to follow this program for one month then she will give me another one. My weight is 73 kg & my height is 157 cm
  • runrascal
    So you scrape in at the top of the overweight band. At this weight you will lose weight on 1300 calories per day even without extra exercise. Ditch the dietitian and find a sensible diet plan. Use MFP to plan and log your daily food. Under 1000 calories per day doesn't even cover your basal metabolism - the energy your body needs just to operate.
  • Laramary602
    So you scrape in at the top of the overweight band. At this weight you will lose weight on 1300 calories per day even without extra exercise. Ditch the dietitian and find a sensible diet plan. Use MFP to plan and log your daily food. Under 1000 calories per day doesn't even cover your basal metabolism - the energy your body needs just to operate.
    I just started to log in what i want to eat.

• professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    800 calories of protein in one lunch meal?
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »
    Is this diet healthy?

That's all you get to eat for the day? I don't think I would be able to eat 200G of protein in one sitting.

I would seek a second opinion. This doesn't seem right.

I'm thinking maybe she means 200g of a lean meat containing protein? 200g of straight protein would be a bit... hard to accomplish...

It could be?

That would be so few calories!!

Yikes!

I try to eat 200 g of protein 2 days a week. But my body comp scale says I have around 150-155 lbs of muscle. It takes all day to get it in and there are 2 protein drinks in the mix

Sometimes I am just thankful I have a good Doctor after reading what others have.

Dang...
  • Laramary602
    800 calories of protein in one lunch meal?
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »
    Is this diet healthy?

That's all you get to eat for the day? I don't think I would be able to eat 200G of protein in one sitting.

I would seek a second opinion. This doesn't seem right.

I'm thinking maybe she means 200g of a lean meat containing protein? 200g of straight protein would be a bit... hard to accomplish...

It could be?

That would be so few calories!!

Yikes!

I try to eat 200 g of protein 2 days a week. But my body comp scale says I have around 150-155 lbs of muscle. It takes all day to get it in and there are 2 protein drinks in the mix

Sometimes I am just thankful I have a good Doctor after reading what others have.

Dang...
    Yeah... You are lucky

• Akibo23
    Akibo23 Posts: 88 Member
    Yes she is a registered dietitian she is famous here, i payed 100$ for my first appiontment

Definitely need to report her !

With the given plan you are not even going to hit the required 1000 cals per day ! Which is most definitely required to keep your system working. Ease yourself into a calorie deficit. Do not send your body into shock.

Cheers!