Replies

• jacklfc88
    jacklfc88 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    jacklfc88 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Haha everyone getting shirty. I haven't said sugar is evil, people need to go and read where I said I have some sweets whilst I am training. I have some myself at other times.

But the OP has put 6lbs on and eats sweets a lot and wants to lose it. Common sense is to reduce it or cut it out if they wanna lose it again, don't you think? If you wanna cut you gotta lose body fat. If you wanna lose body fat then reduce unnecessary carb intake such as sweets. End of.

or just eat less of EVERYTHING..

if you want to reduce body fat you eat less calories, carb intake has nothing to do with it; unless of course your carb intake is putting you in a surplus.

Which sweets more than likely are.

Nope. That's an assumption. You are are making assumptions on how people lose weight and what they have to do.

Not really. Man I am getting bored of repeating myself here. For the final time, pay attention, are you ready?

The OP said they can't stop eating sweets.

Doesn't take a genius to work out what MAY not be helping diet wise.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

No, she didn't. She said: "I absolutely love [candy], I probably have at least 1 piece of candy a day (anywhere from literally 1 hershey kiss to a bag of skittles). Does anyone have any tips for losing weight while still having the candy/ how I can incorporate the candy into my weight loss, or any awesome alternatives to candies??"

As an aside, awesome alternatives to candies=berries, IMO, since I didn't answer that before.

IF OP is accurately stating her candy intake, that's not the issue. She should log and see what her calories are and what the average calories of the candy is. Then, she should figure out if the candy is in significant enough amounts to be responsible for the weight gain (a kiss is not, a small bag of skittles probably is not unless she's otherwise at maintenance and can't see anything else to cut). Since she wants to keep the candy and has described pretty reasonable amounts, finding some other thing to cut and eat at maintenance (or slightly below, so she can lose the 6 lbs) seems like a good and sustainable solution.

If she's really eating lots more and finds that cutting back is not possible for some reason, THEN you could say that she can't stop eating candy, but it's so interesting that people read that into her post when she never said that.

To me the post seemed much more like the common "I ate a gummi bear, will my diet fail?!" posts--the idea that even tiny amounts of sweets somehow act as fat pills making it impossible for you to lose regardless of calories.
  • jacklfc88
    Options
    Haha everyone getting shirty. I haven't said sugar is evil, people need to go and read where I said I have some sweets whilst I am training. I have some myself at other times.

But the OP has put 6lbs on and eats sweets a lot and wants to lose it. Common sense is to reduce it or cut it out if they wanna lose it again, don't you think? If you wanna cut you gotta lose body fat. If you wanna lose body fat then reduce unnecessary carb intake such as sweets. End of.

if you want to reduce body fat you eat less calories, carb intake has nothing to do with it; unless of course your carb intake is putting you in a surplus.

Nope. That's an assumption. You are are making assumptions on how people lose weight and what they have to do.

Not really. Man I am getting bored of repeating myself here. For the final time, pay attention, are you ready?

And at the same time have made statements about everyone in general needing to not eat sweets on a regular basis if they want to drop the fat they want but at the same time there have been people in this thread alone that said they do eat it in a regular basis and hit their goals but yet you ignore that fact.

No, just not advocating including sweets in a diet. As an odd treat yeah. As part of a lifestyle and diet no. Have you ever seen any serious training guide suggest sweets as part of a daily diet? I haven't.

But each to their own.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

And at the same time have made statements about everyone in general needing to not eat sweets on a regular basis if they want to drop the fat they want but at the same time there have been people in this thread alone that said they do eat it in a regular basis and hit their goals but yet you ignore that fact.

No, just not advocating including sweets in a diet. As an odd treat yeah. As part of a lifestyle and diet no. Have you ever seen any serious training guide suggest sweets as part of a daily diet? I haven't.

But each to their own.

strange I eat ice cream every day and my blood work is nearly perfect and I am about 12-15% body fat…

how did that happen???
  • ndj1979
    Options

But each to their own.

Have you ever seen any serious training guides that spew tons of nonsense?

Have you ever seen how many of us were able to achieve our goals while still having sweets in our diet?

Have you ever visited my ice cream group on the site?

his profile states he "eats clean" so lost cause here...
  • setraylor
    setraylor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know for me, the only way to avoid eating things like candy and potato chips is not to buy them. At all. Ever. I always keep apples in my house, and those seem to help keep candy cravings at bay.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

But each to their own.

strange I eat ice cream every day and my blood work is nearly perfect and I am about 12-15% body fat…

how did that happen???

@ndj1979 regular detoxing

*nods*
  • jacklfc88
    Options

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

Haha good for you! Doubt you know what 12% body fat looks like! Think what you want, eat what you want. Sweets have little to no nutritional value.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »
    Eat less than you burn. Include your candy in your calorie allowance, simples lol

I eat some dark chocolate every morning

And burn it off...

But dark chocolate is supposed to be good for your heart so I feel totally justified in my 10g serving at 100 calories or so depending on the brand

:)

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

Haha good for you! Doubt you know what 12% body fat looks like! Think what you want, eat what you want. Sweets have little to no nutritional value.

That's a very bold statement...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

LOL... seriously?

That's where you're going, Mr I have a head shot on my profile

please let us know where you get the impression that he doesn't know his own body fat?
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    OP, depending on the person, I can understand either approach (including it in reasonable amounts vs abstaining completely or nearly all the time.) If you can eat 1 Hershey's kiss or 1 bag of skittles a day, you are already moderating. It sounds like you have the skills you need to manage your intake, where some others don't and do have to avoid it until they are more comfortable with their self-control. And you are only six pounds from goal, it doesn't sound as if you are overweight. Enjoy your candy & just stay aware of your intake. o:)
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

I bet you're fun at parties!
    There is a difference between rigid and disciplined.......
  • jacklfc88
    Options

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

I have them sometimes just before or during training. But as a rule of thumb, a Mars bar for the sake of it isn't the most nutritious option is it.

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

Haha!!

Oh I agree yeah definitely. Like I have said many times in this thread, I have them during training and yeah sometimes I'll have some at other times. I just don't buy in to the "well am under my caloric intake for the day so that means I can have whatever I want" attitude, like the ice cream man who's body fat is 12%.
  • jacklfc88
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

LOL... seriously?

please let us know where you get the impression that he doesn't know his own body fat?

Hahahahahaha! Go on girl! Why would I wanna be putting pics up of myself half naked on a public forum to people I've never met before? If people wanna do that that's their prerogative, but I'll keep them to myself thanks.
  • ndj1979
    Options

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

yes, look at my profile pictures, well the pre bulk ones…

I never said sweets are a primary source of nutrients. i said there is noting wrong with them within a diet that hits micros. Or do you not understand what that means?

and where are your progress pictures????????
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

I have them sometimes just before or during training. But as a rule of thumb, a Mars bar for the sake of it isn't the most nutritious option is it.

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

Haha!!

Oh I agree yeah definitely. Like I have said many times in this thread, I have them during training and yeah sometimes I'll have some at other times. I just don't buy in to the "well am under my caloric intake for the day so that means I can have whatever I want" attitude, like the ice cream man who's body fat is 12%.

If you always wanted the most nutritious option you'd eat nothing but multivitamins washed down with protein shakes.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

But each to their own.

how did that happen???

LOL... seriously?

Hahahahahaha! Go on girl! Why would I wanna be putting pics up of myself half naked on a public forum to people I've never met before? If people wanna do that that's their prerogative, but I'll keep them to myself thanks.

translation - you have none….

for the record, I had mine estimated a few times.