How far do you commute to the gym?

Options

Replies

• cyronius
    cyronius Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    icck wrote: »
    It's a 5 min walk each way, which is ideal. It's also right next to the shopping centre/mall so it's common for me to go there via the gym.

There are bigger and nicer gyms a longer walking distance from where I live but this one is 24hr, cheap, and has everything I want to use.

Exactly the same for me, down to the shopping center :)
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    6 minute walk from my place. The gym I go to when I'm visiting family (like now) is 15 mins each way.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    kaassiia wrote: »
    I just learned there is a grand opening at an LA Fitness near me and it has a pool! Looks like I'll be switching over ;) sorry Crunch Fitness

LA Fitness is nice. I never stopped my membership because it's only $17/month and I can go to any LA Fitness that I want. I usually go there when my Hubby goes to his spinning class and go to the new gym that I joined on days that I work because it's closer to home.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I can walk to the gym from my apartment. It's maybe 1/4 of a mile down the road.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    15 mins in summer and 20-25 in winter when the roads are bad but the whole family loves (Lifetime Fitness) which is a good incentive to do the drive. I use it the most out of the whole family, but we got a good rate for the 5 of us. Most gyms either wouldn't put our twin sons on the family plan because they are nearly 21or only offered a 4 person family plan requiring us to buy one separate adult membership for one of our sons.
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It takes 5 minutes if I don't hit any red lights, but that rarely happens. Usually like 8 min or so.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    About a minute (home gym in the basement) , more if I forget my water bottle up stairs and have to run back and get it.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    It's in my basement. Suck it, Trebeck.
  • NoelleRondini
    NoelleRondini Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    15 mins walking. 2 mins driving. :) love it!
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I work for a University and have access to about 3 gyms. The closest to my office is .7 miles, and I walk there on my lunch break. On lift days, I get a ride so that I have more time to work. On "lite" cardio days, I walk, because the walking is cardio anyway, and it doesn't really matter if I get there as long as get out of the office for a bit.
  • ccourcha
    ccourcha Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Right outside my front door, all I have to do is step out.
  • AmyCKay
    AmyCKay Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    One is few kms from home and the other one is about a km from work.
    I love my gym time so it's great how close they are :)
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    8 feet across my living room :trollface:
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    20-30 minutes away, 5 minutes when I was actually going to school. Haven't been able to get there like I want or need to lately, because broke people problems. :unamused:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,099 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    We got our gym membership when we lived about a 5 min drive from the gym. It was quick and easy to go, and we went several times a week.

Then we moved, and the gym was about a half hour drive away, and it just became a hassle.

We looked at closer gyms, but I really liked the place we had been going, and the others didn't come close.

So we gave it some thought ... and decided to build a gym in our basement instead. We already had quite a bit of the equipment in storage, and anything extra we purchase won't be any more expensive than an annual membership. Plus it saves us all sorts of hassle and time and driving expenses, etc..

It is partially set up now, and I've started to use it ... should be all complete soon. :)
  • ScreeField
    ScreeField Posts: 180 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    During summer, "outside" is my gym. I bike 45 minutes to the pool. Swim 30-60 min. 45 minutes on the bike again. Other days are mountain bike rides or trail runs in the hills with some rowing and planks mixed in. Can hit all the muscle groups with the variety.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Once I move to my new house I plan to go to a gym that has locations both 6 mins from work and 5 mins from my house. I hope to go before work to the gym near work (to miss rush hour traffic on my drive in) and go to the one near my house on weekends/days off since it's so close.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,099 Member
    Options
    ScreeField wrote: »
    During summer, "outside" is my gym. I bike 45 minutes to the pool. Swim 30-60 min. 45 minutes on the bike again. Other days are mountain bike rides or trail runs in the hills with some rowing and planks mixed in. Can hit all the muscle groups with the variety.

Yes, outside is often our gym too. We do a lot of walking and cycling ... and if we get a decent snowfall in July, we'll try out our snowshoes ... and come spring, we're hoping to be out in the canoe now and then as well. :)

But on these chilly, damp, dark winter days, it's nice to head downstairs, hop on the trainer and "cycle" in bright, climate-controlled conditions. :smiley:

• Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I go to LA fitness. It's a 10 min walk. They have a pool too and a kids club.
  • kaassiia
    kaassiia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @karintalley I just signed up yesterday! Beautiful gym, such an upgrade from my old one though more expensive but I think worth it!