Cigarette/smoking debate

Options

Replies

• MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Attention: this debate became much larger than I intended so NEW THREAD RULES if you have already commented and are against smoking please refrain from commenting again as your point has been made. Looking forward to the continued debate and discussions!

This is a public forum, and you don't get to make the rules.
    arfruin wrote: »
    You guys are a bunch of halfwit hacks. You wouldn't know a god dang cancer cell if you saw one. I love vaping, but statistically there is nothing medically wrong with smoking cigs. I used to puff 2 PAD before I switched to vaping. Now I can tell you my lungs are a lot healthier but is that because of the vape? Hell no! It's because my body responded really well to my ejuice and the flavor is really enjoyable. I only smoked because I liked that smell that came with it. But it ended up as an an addiction but hey that's how life works right? But as far as marihuana goes, I can tell you first hand it's worse than cigs. Such a sham that those God damn liberals are trying to cover our heads and feed us these sugarcoated *kitten* lies. OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE. I knew a kid who smoked tons of cigs. 3 PAD. and then went to weed. He was diagnosed with lung cancer, FROM THE WEED. It's so Damn obvious. Cigs and vapes are the only way our economy as Americans will ever thrive.

Sorry, but you are an even more obvious troll :/ honestly, it's like you didn't even try.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Anything that is burned is a carcinogen, thus marajuana smoke is damaging as well.
    That isn't true. Burning hydrogen in air makes water, that's not a carcinogen (or is that what we all eventually die of?).
    Burning most organic matter will form formaldehyde, which is a known carcinogen at high enough levels, but not necessarily at the levels made by smoke.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    t6uw657b0j7h.jpg

The troll has won.

Best troll thread I've seen for a long while, well done OP
  • LaReineDubois
    LaReineDubois Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started smoking late in life, (age 46). Smoked approx 3 years. I absolutely loved it. Daughter got married, Daughter had baby, Decided to quit smoking. It took me a lot of willpower (and cutting every smoker out of my life) to quit. .My daughter was shocked when I had started smoking. Even more shocked when I quit and consequently gained approx 100 pounds. (Normally 125 lbs) suggested I start smoking again! I really considered smoking to lose weight! Recently Doctor gave me prescription which off label use is loss of appetite= weight loss, lost 20 pounds in 2 months, so far. Joined this site to track food, to see if am eating enough.LOL. Now the smell of cigarettes make me Nauseous. Before triggered craving. Just my $00.02 worth.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    markiend wrote: »
    hmm it's not friday without somebody going Full Retard

tumblr_mf65xjJjRO1qahdsko1_500.gif
    tumblr_moz0rx8lzE1sqv808o1_250.gif
  • Elle_Bronwyn15
    Elle_Bronwyn15 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    salembambi wrote: »
    legalize marijuana
    smoking cigarettes is gross

I will say I am against smoking marijuana, I could definitely see the health risks there. A much "newer breed" of crop, not as much is known about it vs tobacco crops with many uses

Okay, now I'm definitely sure you're a troll.
    FYI, marijuana has been used since ancient times, and was used in ancient Chinese medicine. It's far older than tobacco.
    I wouldn't go that route for making a safety claim. Chinese medicine also prescribed mercury and lead at times as treatments, I wouldn't appeal to ancient traditions. Also, Native Americans used tobacco for a long time too.
    That said, there's plenty of modern studies that say smoking marijuana is probably no worse than smoking tobacco, and generally users of marijuana tend to smoke less.

Anything that is burned is a carcinogen, thus marajuana smoke is damaging as well.

Plus marijuana has more tar (resin) in it than cigarettes...The main cause of throat and lung cancer. Both are bad.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,588 Member
    Options
    Attention: this debate became much larger than I intended so NEW THREAD RULES if you have already commented and are against smoking please refrain from commenting again as your point has been made. Looking forward to the continued debate and discussions!

lol you are so bad at this
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I smoked for 27 years... I am neither for or against... although I stopped smoking (NOT a quitter) more than 5 years ago... my mother smoked for 60 years.. and is currently enjoying a hospital stay due in part to COPD brought on from that 60 year "habit/addiction" it was easier for me to quit smoking pot than it was nicotine... I smoked because I really had an ambivalence towards life, THEN one day I decided I wanted my life back...now it just seems a waste of time and money.. I have better things to do with my time and my money... for what it cost my wife and I in cigarettes we were able to afford music lessons for my daughter. folks do what they do for their own reasons... there is no right or wrong.. only what we learn before we move on.
  • IAmAPearl
    IAmAPearl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    14-15 packs a week?!?
    Even at $5/pack that's around $300/month. They're $8 where I live. That's close to $500.
    That's crazy.
  • bradnewton0318
    bradnewton0318 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think you should just kill yourself instead of smoking cigarettes. Both are just a means to an end.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,588 Member
    Options
    GermanG6 wrote: »
    Gotta say that if you wanna some cigs go for it, if not do you man. Life's too short to not be happy and if smoking 14-15 packs a week does it for you then who am I to tell you how to live your life. I'm not an avid smoker but sometime I'm just like "damn i really wanna cig right now" it's all about finding happiness man. Sometimes I'll smoke a little dope , take the edge off, not too sure if that's unhealthy or not but it makes me happy. Do you brother, find yourself and make the most out of this game we call life.

A great outlook to have for our short short time here on the pale blue dot we call Earth. We are so small in comaprison of the universe that you could say its rather insignificant. Thanks for sharing :)

yea man i like to play chicken with VIA rail as often as possible you know it really zens me out
    ahh life is too short man gotta have some fun while you can eh bro?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    GermanG6 wrote: »
    Gotta say that if you wanna some cigs go for it, if not do you man. Life's too short to not be happy and if smoking 14-15 packs a week does it for you then who am I to tell you how to live your life. I'm not an avid smoker but sometime I'm just like "damn i really wanna cig right now" it's all about finding happiness man. Sometimes I'll smoke a little dope , take the edge off, not too sure if that's unhealthy or not but it makes me happy. Do you brother, find yourself and make the most out of this game we call life.

A great outlook to have for our short short time here on the pale blue dot we call Earth. We are so small in comaprison of the universe that you could say its rather insignificant. Thanks for sharing :)

yea man i like to play chicken with VIA rail as often as possible you know it really zens me out
    ahh life is too short man gotta have some fun while you can eh bro?

What is a VIA rail and how do you play chicken? Is the prize a chicken... or a truckload of chickens (I could so go for a good truckload of chickens... just saying).
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I think you should just kill yourself instead of smoking cigarettes. Both are just a means to an end.

Completely uncalled for in this community. Reported and I would like you to leave my thread or else

Reported for threatening another user.
This discussion has been closed.