Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Sch614 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Last night I went to some food truck festival. There were people walking around with giant delicious looking turkey legs, but my boyfriend and I got in line for some pulled pork poutine and a couple of beers. I couldn't finish my poutine (gave it to my boyfriend) and felt SO FULL and sick to the point where looking at and smelling the food around me was making me nauseous. It's moments like these when I look at all the foods I have been craving and think ''WHY WOULD I WANT THAT?'' If only I could keep that mindset with me at all times, cause it's a new day and I'm starving again.

... I'm so sad that I wasn't able to try different things though. I was looking forward to it! :( Still, I suppose it's better for weight loss :tongue:

Haha yeah it's happened to me too. I wish I was one of those people who get that full at 1200 calories, it would be so much easier.

Confession - went to the farmer's market this morning and couldn't resist those huge French style chocolate almond croissants. It was totally worth the calories (which could be anywhere from 500 to 1000, to be honest, so I logged some random 680 calories one). We had lunch out planned too but I tried to limit the damage, but still couldn't resist having one buttery roll. I doubt I'll manage to stay under today, considering that I have 200ish calories left (and who knows, I had to guess everything, so it could be less). But at least I limited the damage, so there's improvement (it's only 2pm though!).

Then we stopped at Barnes and Noble and my daughter tried to steal something. Seriously, the only reason I noticed is because the door beeped when she walked through it. Ugh. That's a new one for me... that parenting thing is tough.

That last bit sounds challenging!

When we lived with our in laws, we lived up the road from a convenience store that we'd walk to often. One day we walked up there with Raelynn in the stroller to get MIL cigarettes,and as we were leaving we kept hearing this crinkling sound coming from the stroller. I looked, and she had somehow grabbed two bags of pork rinds, one in each hand! It was so hilarious, and I've got an interesting story to tell her when she gets older lol! :laugh:

ETA: We did of course put the bags back! Everyone in the store got a good laugh that day lol.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    My confession for today:

I really, really, really, really, really love bread. That is all.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    So I had been craving a chocolate chip cookie, right? So I couldn't take it anymore and went to the store and bought a package of Pepperidge Farm cookies, which I haven't dared doing for 2.5 years...

Now I remember why. I did stop at 3, I guess, which is better than the whole bag. Still going to end up over today... but I'm glad I got my cravings out of the way (but yeah, a chocolate almond croissant and 3 cookies in one day wasn't the best choice, I'll give you that).

At least if I manage to stick to my goal tomorrow I'll be at maintenance for the week at least.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    My confession for today:

Me too. Especially fresh and hot. With butter being all melty on it.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    My confession for today:

Garlic butter. It has to be garlic butter. Mmmm... Garlic bread. Don't forget the cheese! Care to come over and talk bread? My husband thinks I'm nuts... ;)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My confession for today:

Garlic butter. It has to be garlic butter. Mmmm... Garlic bread. Don't forget the cheese! Care to come over and talk bread? My husband thinks I'm nuts... ;)

I'd love to! If I leave right now I'll be there at 10:25 pm the day after tomorrow. ;)

I love me some cheesy garlic bread.

Sometimes, when my husband makes it, he adds some dill. Yummy!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Edited because MY FIRST DOUBLE POST!!!

WELCOME TO THE CLUB.

My confession of the (way too early) morning... I'm having a very hard time not judging obese people who keep ordering the most greasy and fried meals at the restaurants... my mom's boyfriend could lose 100 pounds but he's been ordering fish and chips, meat loaf, burger and fries... I can't help shaking my head. The guy has had a quadruple bypass already.

Second confession - they are leaving today and like the horrible daughter than I am, I am very happy about it. This morning I was up at 4.30am and just got up for the day as I knew they'd wake me up at 5.30am anyway.

I feel like this too. It also makes me feel bad because they don't understand what they are doing to their bodies.

• raelynnsmama52512
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My confession: I intentionally removed my celery sticks w/peanut butter and string cheese snacks I had planned for from my diary. Why? For a chocolate dipped cone from McDonald's! :flushed:

I'm still going to be under goal so it's all good :laugh:

ETA: A chocolate chip cookie may or may not be involved as well. Because chocolate cravings like hell! :naughty:
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    This morning I was able to put on a shirt that previously was tight. I was super stoked that it was loose and hung straight down from my chest without clinging to my hips or rear end. Then I became depressed because it seriously occurred to me that I've been trying to look like Sponge Bob square pants and walk like a robot my whole life. My mother told me that only *kitten* showed their hips and my step-father told me that only fat slutty *kitten* wiggled when they walked.

I don't wear red either. Even though I love red and I look awesome in red. I am pale skinned, with dark hair and green eyes. I look spectacular in red and I can't wear it because only sluts wear red. I am now upset and pissed off because I know even if I were to buy something that clings in red I probably wouldn't be able to wear it out of the house. I'd be afraid everyone was staring at me for the wrong reasons. I feel pathetic. :/

I'm thinking you should try to get past this with baby steps... a little splash of colour here and there to start, some mildly wiggle-generating mid-height heels... and work your way up.

My mother held the odd notion that "only widows wear black" but fortunately that didn't get passed on to me and I wear a lot of black. Oh, and when I was a teen somebody told her that only sluts wear big earrings. That was her one and only piece of advice to me upon starting high school. Lol. (I just put them on after I left the house)

I've never been much for wearing bright colours or fancy patterns since I've always preferred to fade into the background, but I've slowly been adding more vibrant clothes into my wardrobe.

Yes, that is pretty much what I do. Pretty much all of my clothing is a shade of black or grey with some blue jeans thrown in.

I was raised the same way. And talk about double messages - this was in a family where I can guarantee that my mother would collapse into hysterics if she thought I might possibly approach a weight over 100 pounds in high school. This stuff is absolutely freaking psychosis-inducing =P

I can only say that after gradually shedding a lot of the idiocy that had gotten shoved into my poor brain, I finally came around to firmly believing that every woman should own at least one blazing red dress and a good pair of "f*** me" pumps. And then wear 'em for YOURSELF - without regard to anybody else's dumb beliefs or stereotypes.

Good lord. I'm surprised sometimes that so many of us get through this life to turn out as basically sane, basically decent human beings - we get so much toxic crap thrown at us.

Amen! And I'm sorry for all the struggles everyone has endured regarding this topic. One correction, though: ONE pair of f*** pumps?! Oh, honey, I have a closet full of them! Worn with my discreet, professional clothes every day I get lots of use out of all of them and they make me feel fabulous!

I second this! I have a whole collection of beautiful shoes, which, when not on my feet, live in clear plastic boxes, so i can admire them. I have a wall of shoes**. I often wear all black outfits, and set them off with fabulous red shoes (i have about 10 pairs of red ones)

**i may also have a shoe addiction. Please don't ask about my handbags.

For the past several years hubby and I were getting out of debt and accumulating savings so shopping for unnecessary items was a no no. My shoe collection consists of two pairs of casual sneakers, one pair of outdoor gym shoes, one pair of indoor gym shoes, one pair of winter boots, one pair of water shoes, one pair of flip flops (which are in my gym bag for showering purposes because shower floors are gross), one pair of steel toes, one pair of black summer sandals, and one pair of slip on Sketchers that have holes in them for gardening. Oh and I have one pair of black flats that are glued together on the bottom at work and one pair of black slip on heals at work which are very worn to the point they should be replaced.

I just bought my first pair of white sandal heels last week and I got them on sale... I feel so pretty in them.

I admit that when I was at my heaviest, I didn't have the confidence to wear any pretty clothes so I didn't buy anything nice. Buying those white sandals was so liberating.

I confess that I don't understand anybody's obsession with hand bags. It is just a bag!

You go wash your mouth out with soap right now, young lady!

It's not just a bag, it's a gateway drug to hoarding :( I would have more of them, but they tend to get bigger, and the bigger they get, the more crap I carry around in them. Every 6 months or so I have to reset and go back to using one that will barely hold just a wallet, phone and keys.

I do that exact same thing. Right now I'm using a bag that is probably the size of an 8X10 notebook, and I can fit quite a lot in. I've actually been proud of myself for not going bigger than this, because I've seen some amazing hobo bags that I could probably fit my child into. I have my small purses hung up, waiting for me to get sick of digging. :wink:

My colleague has a shopping addiction, that IMHO is a problem. Everything she wears is designer and she will easily drop $900 on a pair of boots, $1300 on a jacket (I will admit the jacket was nice, it was this vibrant red Burberry), she has bags, watches, sunglasses - all designer (not the knock offs). She once told me she bought a new bag that was on sale and was a steal of a deal. She spent $5000!!! Apparently the regular price was $9000!!!

She just got back from a vacation and the airline lost her luggage and she lost half of her clothes (the other half was in her carry-on) but her husband lost all of his. She told me she was going to buy him some cheap $40 shirts from Zara and he complained that they didn't fit as good as his Burberry shirts. but she lost thousands just on clothes!

First, we make the same amount of money and I don't understand or comprehend how she, or anyone can spend that much.
    Second, her son, who is still a toddler, has physical disabilities and will require help for the rest of his life.

I don't get it. I just don't get it. It seems like such a waste.

Oh wow. I'm so cheap when it comes to clothes. I'd never spend that much on anything (plus, well, I have a cat). Seriously, if it's over $30 typically I don't buy it LOL.

I actually lost a 'friend' not too long ago because she was complaining for months that she couldn't afford her kid's asthma treatment, then a few months later posted that she got the new Iphone. I couldn't hold my tongue. PRIORITIES, people. She got mad at me and said that her circumstances had changed, but really, I can't imagine going from totally broke and having to foreclose your house to being able to easily afford the newest smartphone and your kids' meds in 6 months. Heck if it happened to me you bet I'd be saving most of that money and buying an older phone if I REALLY needed one.

Same person who foreclosed her home but still bought a 2800 square feet house after for her family of 5, while she couldn't afford her kids' meds... sorry if I don't take her word for granted about how 'improved' her situation is...

I just don't get it.

I don't mind spending money on a bag (though right now I have one... my hubby got it for me for Christmas and it is too small and my cat took his claws to it but it still serves its purpose). But I know several people that just go 14 year old fan girl crazy for a several hundred to several thousand dollar bag. I saw a nice $40 bag at Costco and debated if it was worth the money to buy it (I didn't). I will wait until my current bag just beats the dust.
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    This morning I was able to put on a shirt that previously was tight. I was super stoked that it was loose and hung straight down from my chest without clinging to my hips or rear end. Then I became depressed because it seriously occurred to me that I've been trying to look like Sponge Bob square pants and walk like a robot my whole life. My mother told me that only *kitten* showed their hips and my step-father told me that only fat slutty *kitten* wiggled when they walked.

I don't wear red either. Even though I love red and I look awesome in red. I am pale skinned, with dark hair and green eyes. I look spectacular in red and I can't wear it because only sluts wear red. I am now upset and pissed off because I know even if I were to buy something that clings in red I probably wouldn't be able to wear it out of the house. I'd be afraid everyone was staring at me for the wrong reasons. I feel pathetic. :/

I'm thinking you should try to get past this with baby steps... a little splash of colour here and there to start, some mildly wiggle-generating mid-height heels... and work your way up.

My mother held the odd notion that "only widows wear black" but fortunately that didn't get passed on to me and I wear a lot of black. Oh, and when I was a teen somebody told her that only sluts wear big earrings. That was her one and only piece of advice to me upon starting high school. Lol. (I just put them on after I left the house)

I've never been much for wearing bright colours or fancy patterns since I've always preferred to fade into the background, but I've slowly been adding more vibrant clothes into my wardrobe.

Yes, that is pretty much what I do. Pretty much all of my clothing is a shade of black or grey with some blue jeans thrown in.

I was raised the same way. And talk about double messages - this was in a family where I can guarantee that my mother would collapse into hysterics if she thought I might possibly approach a weight over 100 pounds in high school. This stuff is absolutely freaking psychosis-inducing =P

I can only say that after gradually shedding a lot of the idiocy that had gotten shoved into my poor brain, I finally came around to firmly believing that every woman should own at least one blazing red dress and a good pair of "f*** me" pumps. And then wear 'em for YOURSELF - without regard to anybody else's dumb beliefs or stereotypes.

Good lord. I'm surprised sometimes that so many of us get through this life to turn out as basically sane, basically decent human beings - we get so much toxic crap thrown at us.

Amen! And I'm sorry for all the struggles everyone has endured regarding this topic. One correction, though: ONE pair of f*** pumps?! Oh, honey, I have a closet full of them! Worn with my discreet, professional clothes every day I get lots of use out of all of them and they make me feel fabulous!

I second this! I have a whole collection of beautiful shoes, which, when not on my feet, live in clear plastic boxes, so i can admire them. I have a wall of shoes**. I often wear all black outfits, and set them off with fabulous red shoes (i have about 10 pairs of red ones)

For the past several years hubby and I were getting out of debt and accumulating savings so shopping for unnecessary items was a no no. My shoe collection consists of two pairs of casual sneakers, one pair of outdoor gym shoes, one pair of indoor gym shoes, one pair of winter boots, one pair of water shoes, one pair of flip flops (which are in my gym bag for showering purposes because shower floors are gross), one pair of steel toes, one pair of black summer sandals, and one pair of slip on Sketchers that have holes in them for gardening. Oh and I have one pair of black flats that are glued together on the bottom at work and one pair of black slip on heals at work which are very worn to the point they should be replaced.

I just bought my first pair of white sandal heels last week and I got them on sale... I feel so pretty in them.

I admit that when I was at my heaviest, I didn't have the confidence to wear any pretty clothes so I didn't buy anything nice. Buying those white sandals was so liberating.

I confess that I don't understand anybody's obsession with hand bags. It is just a bag!

It's not just a bag, it's a gateway drug to hoarding :( I would have more of them, but they tend to get bigger, and the bigger they get, the more crap I carry around in them. Every 6 months or so I have to reset and go back to using one that will barely hold just a wallet, phone and keys.

I do that exact same thing. Right now I'm using a bag that is probably the size of an 8X10 notebook, and I can fit quite a lot in. I've actually been proud of myself for not going bigger than this, because I've seen some amazing hobo bags that I could probably fit my child into. I have my small purses hung up, waiting for me to get sick of digging. :wink:

My colleague has a shopping addiction, that IMHO is a problem. Everything she wears is designer and she will easily drop $900 on a pair of boots, $1300 on a jacket (I will admit the jacket was nice, it was this vibrant red Burberry), she has bags, watches, sunglasses - all designer (not the knock offs). She once told me she bought a new bag that was on sale and was a steal of a deal. She spent $5000!!! Apparently the regular price was $9000!!!

She just got back from a vacation and the airline lost her luggage and she lost half of her clothes (the other half was in her carry-on) but her husband lost all of his. She told me she was going to buy him some cheap $40 shirts from Zara and he complained that they didn't fit as good as his Burberry shirts. but she lost thousands just on clothes!

First, we make the same amount of money and I don't understand or comprehend how she, or anyone can spend that much.
    Second, her son, who is still a toddler, has physical disabilities and will require help for the rest of his life.

Don't get me wrong I love nice things but holy cow!! I could never justify spending so much on clothing or accessories. I'd like to think of I had money like that to spend I'd use it to help out family members or friends if they needed it and if not maybe donate or set up charities :) I've never had that much money so I can't say that's what I'd 100% do but I'd like to think so!

The first thing I'd do if I ever came into money is pay off any of my parents debt that I could, I owe them so much for everything they've done for me!

I am a shopaholic too but anything over 100 I think long and hard about. If I had lost that suitcase I would be be devastated!

She told me that if it is $500 or under she doesn't have to ask her spouse and will just go out and buy it . Like I said, I just cannot comprehend that.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Don't get me wrong I love nice things but holy cow!! I could never justify spending so much on clothing or accessories. I'd like to think of I had money like that to spend I'd use it to help out family members or friends if they needed it and if not maybe donate or set up charities :) I've never had that much money so I can't say that's what I'd 100% do but I'd like to think so!

The first thing I'd do if I ever came into money is pay off any of my parents debt that I could, I owe them so much for everything they've done for me!

I am a shopaholic too but anything over 100 I think long and hard about. If I had lost that suitcase I would be be devastated!

She told me that if it is $500 or under she doesn't have to ask her spouse and will just go out and buy it . Like I said, I just cannot comprehend that.

Oh, how I wish I could afford to do that lol! I will say I have my eyes set on a coach purse and wallet as my reward for reaching goal. Coincidentally, my goal date just so happens to fall right around tax season...... ;)
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I made the first page of this thread with my peanut butter confession. I was ashamed that I couldn't eat it in moderation and that I wasted it. I just bought some today for the first time since I posted, and it's already giving me trouble. This time I will find someone to give it away to.
    Not sure how much of this thread you've read, but yours is one of the most quoted confessions. It seems you're not alone in your struggles!

Really? I hope people weren't too harsh. I don't like wasting food, that's why it was such a confession-more than the moderation thing. I had to unstar the thread for awhile because it was clogging up some of my other discussions. Glad I'm not alone though. Don't know what it is about peanut butter.

Nobody was harsh, most of the quotes were people who could relate! ;)

Okay cool. I saw one when I first posted about the fact that I wasted and it made me feel bad.

most people who have quoted that post thought it was a good idea!

• smashley_mashley
    Options
    I made the first page of this thread with my peanut butter confession. I was ashamed that I couldn't eat it in moderation and that I wasted it. I just bought some today for the first time since I posted, and it's already giving me trouble. This time I will find someone to give it away to.
    Not sure how much of this thread you've read, but yours is one of the most quoted confessions. It seems you're not alone in your struggles!

Really? I hope people weren't too harsh. I don't like wasting food, that's why it was such a confession-more than the moderation thing. I had to unstar the thread for awhile because it was clogging up some of my other discussions. Glad I'm not alone though. Don't know what it is about peanut butter.

Nobody was harsh, most of the quotes were people who could relate! ;)

Okay cool. I saw one when I first posted about the fact that I wasted and it made me feel bad.

most people who have quoted that post thought it was a good idea!

• itwillhappen30
    itwillhappen30 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My confession....sometimes I buy a box of swiss cake rolls and eat the whole box in the car by myself. I know..bad bad bad. But I just started this three days ago so hopefully those two pounds I lost will motivate me to not do that again.
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    My confession for today:

I've been meaning to make those soft and fluffy pretzles... so good
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    My confession: I intentionally removed my celery sticks w/peanut butter and string cheese snacks I had planned for from my diary. Why? For a chocolate dipped cone from McDonald's! :flushed:

I'm still going to be under goal so it's all good :laugh:

ETA: A chocolate chip cookie may or may not be involved as well. Because chocolate cravings like hell! :naughty:

I made some the other day as hubby demanded dessert and I wasn't about to go to the store a second time. Thankfully, I had finished stocking up on all my baking stuff.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    My confession for today:

Not always! I have a bread recipe that uses coconut flour. I've always made the sweet version that has cinnamon added to it. I decided to try a savory version and use garlic powder instead. I never realized until that moment how much you can taste the coconut in the bread. It was traumatic.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm.... bread. My main weakness. Garlic bread sounds so freaking good right now.

I also love to bake bread and have the apartment fill up with that delicious scent.

:sweat:
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    We say 'Got the painters in', although I also refer delicately to my 'lady time'.
    Shark week seems a little harsh to me.

It actually took forever before I realized what shark week meant. I was thinking of the week where they show shark shows on a cable station. Every time I saw posts about wanting to eat all the foods during shark week, I would be so confused and wonder just how special shark week really was. And why it happened so many times during the year. I felt like a fool when I finally put it all together :).

I admit to this too. It took me a while!

Ummm I never knew that. I always thought it was the television viewing too!

I'm another who would've had no clue hearing that and not thinking the show! I've never heard of it called that before!