Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @Glinda1971 I really think I may have nightmares tonight after googling "trypophobia" and hitting images oh my lord how disgusting. I do not think you're weird at all I think I have the same thing and never knew what it was!

Ditto! I was like AH can't unsee, can't UNSEE!

Someone should pass around the eye bleach.

Phoebe_my_eyes_my_eyes.gif

I still haven't googled...but I'm so curious!!!! I don't know what to dooooo!!!!

Also- as far as this thread vs. the new group... how are you guys choosing where to post? I thought the group was kind of just a backup if this thread went to crap...but I just popped in over at the group and noticed some people have been posting there. Just curious...thinking it will be tough to keep up with both..

I'll go check it now and then when I have time but I figure I am mostly staying here as no one has slowed down in here!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Good grief - I take a peek since my parents finally got internet service better than dial up (yes in the USA and within the last year -- still no cell phone service on the ranch thoug...) and there are 1K new messages and I will not have time in the next two days either ---- so I fully expect 2K new messages by the time I arrive safely back at home on Sunday night.

The drive here was pretty good. My son did navigating for me (i.e. reading iphone map directions). I managed due to construction to hit three cities during rush hours including - Los Angeles, and Sacramento. Ugh, always a challenge but we got through it. Today my SO joined us at the tail end of a business trip in the area (I'm glad he drove out a few hours to be with us after his meetings) and we went for a hike to a water fall with my daughter. We did an impromptu jumping into a pool in the creek in our hiking clothes (sans hiking shoes) for a refreshing swim before the hike back. My SO beat my mom in scrabble, which was very amusing because she got very antimated toward the end of the game. SO and I then headed out to view an amazing, dark night sky until the moonrise made the sky too bright to see the stars well. Tomorrow SO is going for a big run, then breakfast, then daughter and I head home driving. SO flies to his home and son remains with grandparents for the summer. :smile:

No big confessions - I've been behaving. I hope people and pets are well and hugs to all those who are happy or sad. It will take me a long time to catch up. It is very late and I'm up in a few hours. I will add for @pofoster and (drawing a blank) whoever mentioned dissertations- mine is 327 pages. Chapter 6 was so tedious and boring even my advisor told me I had to rewrite it (it was horrible to write but was torture to read) describing the methodology behind my computational chemistry calculations. I knew SO really liked me when he read all 327 pages of the chemistry dissertation including lots of computational chemistry and he's never taken chemistry. (I'm smitten.) I was conferred my PHD on my 42nd birthday. I took a scenic route through my 20's and started college at 32 years old with two small children. I see it is almost 12:30 a.m. and I'm up in five hours so I'll stop my rambling.

This sounds great all around. My dissertation was only 5 chapters. I wonder if your field is different? Chapter 3 is methodology.

College to PhD in 10 years. Pretty impressive. Congrats!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    This morning I was able to put on a shirt that previously was tight. I was super stoked that it was loose and hung straight down from my chest without clinging to my hips or rear end. Then I became depressed because it seriously occurred to me that I've been trying to look like Sponge Bob square pants and walk like a robot my whole life. My mother told me that only *kitten* showed their hips and my step-father told me that only fat slutty *kitten* wiggled when they walked.

I don't wear red either. Even though I love red and I look awesome in red. I am pale skinned, with dark hair and green eyes. I look spectacular in red and I can't wear it because only sluts wear red. I am now upset and pissed off because I know even if I were to buy something that clings in red I probably wouldn't be able to wear it out of the house. I'd be afraid everyone was staring at me for the wrong reasons. I feel pathetic. :/

I'm thinking you should try to get past this with baby steps... a little splash of colour here and there to start, some mildly wiggle-generating mid-height heels... and work your way up.

My mother held the odd notion that "only widows wear black" but fortunately that didn't get passed on to me and I wear a lot of black. Oh, and when I was a teen somebody told her that only sluts wear big earrings. That was her one and only piece of advice to me upon starting high school. Lol. (I just put them on after I left the house)

I've never been much for wearing bright colours or fancy patterns since I've always preferred to fade into the background, but I've slowly been adding more vibrant clothes into my wardrobe.

Yes, that is pretty much what I do. Pretty much all of my clothing is a shade of black or grey with some blue jeans thrown in.

I was raised the same way. And talk about double messages - this was in a family where I can guarantee that my mother would collapse into hysterics if she thought I might possibly approach a weight over 100 pounds in high school. This stuff is absolutely freaking psychosis-inducing =P

I can only say that after gradually shedding a lot of the idiocy that had gotten shoved into my poor brain, I finally came around to firmly believing that every woman should own at least one blazing red dress and a good pair of "f*** me" pumps. And then wear 'em for YOURSELF - without regard to anybody else's dumb beliefs or stereotypes.

Good lord. I'm surprised sometimes that so many of us get through this life to turn out as basically sane, basically decent human beings - we get so much toxic crap thrown at us.

Amen! And I'm sorry for all the struggles everyone has endured regarding this topic. One correction, though: ONE pair of f*** pumps?! Oh, honey, I have a closet full of them! Worn with my discreet, professional clothes every day I get lots of use out of all of them and they make me feel fabulous!

I second this! I have a whole collection of beautiful shoes, which, when not on my feet, live in clear plastic boxes, so i can admire them. I have a wall of shoes**. I often wear all black outfits, and set them off with fabulous red shoes (i have about 10 pairs of red ones)

**i may also have a shoe addiction. Please don't ask about my handbags.

For the past several years hubby and I were getting out of debt and accumulating savings so shopping for unnecessary items was a no no. My shoe collection consists of two pairs of casual sneakers, one pair of outdoor gym shoes, one pair of indoor gym shoes, one pair of winter boots, one pair of water shoes, one pair of flip flops (which are in my gym bag for showering purposes because shower floors are gross), one pair of steel toes, one pair of black summer sandals, and one pair of slip on Sketchers that have holes in them for gardening. Oh and I have one pair of black flats that are glued together on the bottom at work and one pair of black slip on heals at work which are very worn to the point they should be replaced.

I just bought my first pair of white sandal heels last week and I got them on sale... I feel so pretty in them.

I admit that when I was at my heaviest, I didn't have the confidence to wear any pretty clothes so I didn't buy anything nice. Buying those white sandals was so liberating.

I confess that I don't understand anybody's obsession with hand bags. It is just a bag!

You go wash your mouth out with soap right now, young lady!

It's not just a bag, it's a gateway drug to hoarding :( I would have more of them, but they tend to get bigger, and the bigger they get, the more crap I carry around in them. Every 6 months or so I have to reset and go back to using one that will barely hold just a wallet, phone and keys.

I do that exact same thing. Right now I'm using a bag that is probably the size of an 8X10 notebook, and I can fit quite a lot in. I've actually been proud of myself for not going bigger than this, because I've seen some amazing hobo bags that I could probably fit my child into. I have my small purses hung up, waiting for me to get sick of digging. :wink:

My colleague has a shopping addiction, that IMHO is a problem. Everything she wears is designer and she will easily drop $900 on a pair of boots, $1300 on a jacket (I will admit the jacket was nice, it was this vibrant red Burberry), she has bags, watches, sunglasses - all designer (not the knock offs). She once told me she bought a new bag that was on sale and was a steal of a deal. She spent $5000!!! Apparently the regular price was $9000!!!

She just got back from a vacation and the airline lost her luggage and she lost half of her clothes (the other half was in her carry-on) but her husband lost all of his. She told me she was going to buy him some cheap $40 shirts from Zara and he complained that they didn't fit as good as his Burberry shirts. but she lost thousands just on clothes!

First, we make the same amount of money and I don't understand or comprehend how she, or anyone can spend that much.
    Second, her son, who is still a toddler, has physical disabilities and will require help for the rest of his life.

I don't get it. I just don't get it. It seems like such a waste.

Don't get me wrong I love nice things but holy cow!! I could never justify spending so much on clothing or accessories. I'd like to think of I had money like that to spend I'd use it to help out family members or friends if they needed it and if not maybe donate or set up charities :) I've never had that much money so I can't say that's what I'd 100% do but I'd like to think so!

The first thing I'd do if I ever came into money is pay off any of my parents debt that I could, I owe them so much for everything they've done for me!

I am a shopaholic too but anything over 100 I think long and hard about. If I had lost that suitcase I would be be devastated!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I reach around and feel my back at least once a day. I can't convince myself that my back fat is gone! I feel like it should still be there! lol

That is great! I run my hand down my spine sometimes to as love feeling the nobbies that didn't used to be there! So totally get it.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Confession: Honestly, I'm not happy with the thread being stickied. We'll very likely get an influx of sarcastic, unkind, or snarky people ruining our nice thread mojo. *sniffle* :'(

Call me jaded, but that was my first thought too.
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    What value does this thread bring to General Diet and Weight Loss Help that warrants a sticky status? If page count is a factor, there are plenty of "who wants to see who naked" discussions in Chit Chat that are probably more worthy than this.
    Ok, serious answer, after thinking about it a little. Honestly, I believe this thread alone has kept a bunch of us here on MFP - people who may have wandered off, lost their motivation, felt intimidated to ask questions, or unsupported elsewhere. If one person improves their health and wellness by being part of this thread, then, yes, it warrants sticky status.

I have no problem with the existence of this thread. I just stand by the belief that suggested reading (ie, stickies), should be educational and pertain to the topic of the forum. As far as fun items to give people a reason to return to the site, that's what Chit Chat is for. But that's just me, don't let me rain on your parade. Obviously this thread is popular, just not informative.

"Informative" is a matter of opinion. I, for one, feel VERY "informed" when Pancake announces that he has to pee or we get health updates on various pets.

I now know 100% more about the Muslim religion than I knew a week ago. And this is a good thing.

I've learned a bunch of terms for unusual phobias.

I know how many more exotic varieties of Pop Tarts and peanut butter and breakfast cereal exist in countries other than Canada.

Knowledge is good. :)

Sure, informative is a matter of opinion. And I also agree that knowledge is good, I seek out lots of it! I simply fail to see the value of directing members, often times who are new, who are seeking information and knowledge about General Diet and Weight Loss (the purpose of this particular sub-forum) to this particular thread. And thank you for making my point with examples of non-diet/weight loss things your learned from this thread.

It was tongue in cheek, as I'm sure you realized. Although I do think Pop Tarts and peanut butter and cereal fall into the diet category.

There have been hundreds of diet/fitness/weight loss questions and tips posted throughout this thread, you just have to wade through 783 pages to find them. Several of us have learned a rather effective upper body workout right here.

A few effective tips, among 783 pages, warranting a status of a helpful thread. Got it.

For the sake of ceasing to derail the purpose of THIS particular thread. I confess to having 3 IPAs last night, BEFORE hitting the weights.

Well, hello, Snarkmeister...

Listen, we aren't suddenly convening before some sort of MFP Supreme Court (and you aren't some sort of Chief Judge (though you do appear to be embracing a role akin to that of a Prosecuting Attorney)), and we don't suddenly need to justify the actions of someone (let alone, someone who has nothing to do with this thread!) doing something we never requested in the first place (and, frankly, involves a reality some of us don't *want*) -- and so we shouldn't be expected to have you or anyone else 'set up kleig lights', and expect us to 'subject ourselves to interrogation' (as though you were some sort of self-appointed attorney, judge, and jury... or some such entity hellbent on seeing a perceived form of 'justice' done)...

If you don't want to participate in the thread, then please, by all means, move on...! -- that is, unless you need to rant about something (other than 'this', or 'us', that is), in which case you are welcome to rant away...!

The world has enough people p*ssing on others -- there's no need to add to *that* 'status quo' (which, not-so-ironically, is part of what this thread is about -- assisting, being helpful, not judging, etc.)...

(...and yeah, my not sprinkling your sudden sarcasm-laced insults with 'rose petals' is not exactly representative of 'this thread'... however, it is a rare thing for rudeness to 'swoop in' on this thread... and I can't stand behavior that reminds me of my favorite bumper sticker -- Mean People Suck...)

Hi there aggressive one! I have no desire to see this thread removed, pretty sure I made that clear. But I stand by what I believe to be a valid point regarding MFP choosing this as a helpful thread within the context of the sub forum in which it exists. Not attacking the participants of this thread, not the purpose of this thread, simply stating that it's purpose isn't necessarily on point with the purpose of why a thread should be a sticky. Sorry you have such a personal attachment and felt offended as a result, but I prefer logic over emotion.

she's not agressive, she's being honest.
    if you're struggling so much with the purpose of this thread, and can't see how it might help newbies who are normally ripped apart for the most simplest of questions elsewhere, that's on you, not us.

There's no struggle, the purpose of this thread is not currently related to General Diet and Weight Loss. Again, I have not said it serves no purpose, it just doesn't serve the purpose of this sub forum to the point of being a sticky. New members should have a central location, supported by MFP, to find valuable info to assist them in gaining the knowledge requires to successfully navigate through the contention that occurs in the forums. There are no questions in here that are being clarified, so I don't follow your argument of it being a safe haven for newbies. Is this designed to educate? I don't see it if it is. If you have a rational argument as to what this brings to newbies as far as helping them reach their fitness or weight goals, I'm all ears, but don't chastise me for making a valid comment that none have been able to debate within the context of my point.

Off the top of my head from just the past few weeks:
    Binge eating related to stress, hormonal issues, depression, and death in the family
    Overeating due to travel for work or vacation
    Undereating due to underlying disordered behavior
    Dealing with a family member who potentially has an eating disorder
    How to handle food situations when you have out of town guests
    Unlogged food, the potential psychological impact, and whether or not it's better to log it or ignore it
    Workout schedule interruptions due to illness or injury
    Advice for starting new workout routines or expanding existing ones
    Recommendations comparing and contrasting different lifting programs
    How to deal with alcohol in relation to eating and overeating
    How to deal with alcohol addiction and its impact on health and weight

Exactly which of these is not relative to General Diet and Weight Loss?

You also hit the nail on the head
    :smiley:

Thank you for actually engaging, I appreciate a good debate, especially with one who cares. Do you feel that a single thread, addressing all of those topics, quite briefly, and scattered throughout 789 pages, is helpful to the average new member? I really am not picking a fight, and appreciate different points of view. Here's mine, in more detail, since a couple seem to either care, or are perturbed by my presence. And my confession, is that my point of view is from a former newbie, who came to this sight with many assumptions, unknowns, and misguided beliefs that I held to be true. It took me a long time to understand what people talk about, and fight about, in these forums. And longer still to piece together how that all applies to what I am trying to achieve. I simply want to see new members have an easier time than I did. So here is the picture, as it is in my head....

New member joins, hoping to lose weight and gain knowledge about how to reverse whatever caused them to be where they are today. They head to the forums, to read up on current discussions, since that's what forums tend to be about. They signed up, and signed in, for the purpose of learning how to make a plan. The MFP goal setting confused them somewhat, so forums seem to be a good place to go for help. They bypass the chit chat, because they are here for a purpose. General Diet and Weight Loss seems a reasonable place to start. But they are quickly overwhelmed by numerous threads debating the validity of various acronyms they don't understand. They see a link, right at the top, created by MFP staff, "Most Helpful Posts", so they figure, good place to start, especially if it's suggested by MFP. Where I lose the story is how, with 789 pages of randomness, even if there are some good topics in here, is this thread useful enough to be given the status of "most helpful posts", as it equates to General Diet and Weight Loss. Especially for the newbies that we all seem to care about??? I accept that this thread has value to many. I accept that mental reprieve is useful, especially for the overwhelmed. The responses and number of pages alone are evident that this has become a repository for that. But, with complete honesty, I can't see how it is one of the most helpful threads in regards to THIS particular sub topic. It doesn't focus on General Diet or weight loss, and is nothing more than hundreds of pages of what happens to be on someone's mind at that point in time. Let the thread live on, but don't raise it to the level of most helpful, when there are still very simple topics that new members don't understand, and would benefit by threads clarifying the basics, without clutter.

I can't make it any more clear than that, so if anyone really wants to continue a debate, which I am happy to do, I offer to do it via PM, or a new post. Hope everyone has a pleasant evening.

I really wanted to comment on this and didn't want to wait while I was off work (but I'm really busy at work and shouldn't be on here but whatevs.... It is currently 8:25 my time and I am sure many others have already responded given how fast this thread moves.

I was a previous newbie and still quite a newbie to forums in general. For months I didn't even realize threads were "stickied". Until yesterday, I didn't even know what "stickied" meant. I think that this thread, all 790 pages so far have been really informative. As a newbie who doesn't know where to start and, perhaps doesn't know the etiquette of forums (or the search function of forums) may post questions that have been posted before. We have all seen the same threads about the same topics ("I am counting all my calories and not losing weight... why?"; or I am going to do this detox or that detox") and then get blasted by others who have been on here for a long time. Here is a safe place to ask those questions without being judged and that in itself is VERY helpful IMHO.

I feel that if you have a "supportive" community that will understand the hardships most of us experience and feel safe in expressing whatever it is that they are struggling with is very helpful. here, you can ask any dumb question without fear that you are going to be judged for simply not knowing or understanding. There is so much mis-information out there and if I were to go into a different thread and ask a question simply because I don't know something and then got blasted and bullied and target with gifs (eventhough they are quite funny), I would be discouraged and would probably leave all together and start all over. Or I would feel so bad about what happened that I would leave and comfort myself with food and will be worse off than I was before.

Even though there is a lot of randomness in this thread, I feel many people struggle through their journey because of the support in this thread when they may have just given up because everyone on here is so nice and supportive no matter what any individual is going through. That in itself is helpful and if this thread can help bring people together so we can all support each other in battling our own demons without fear of being thrown to the wolves then I would say that warrants a sticky status.

(also many of us are introverts with very few friends IRL and I feel we all crave a little support, even if it is virtual).

I totally agree! While being part of this thread, I have now logged almost 100 days in a row and have lost 15 pounds during that time! You guys rock! Thanks for all the support you provide!

Congrats! That is awesome.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Want to say finally caught up! My total weight loss so far is 34 pounds! My two year old weighs 32 pounds. I keep thinking I lost a Hannah worth of weight and it's cool to realize why it was so hard for me to get off the couch 34 pounds ago! Feeling good today!

And to you. It feels so good doesn't it? Is freeing.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I tried...so close, but packing up now to head out. Want to stop at grocery store to pick up carrots before heading to the barn. Worked from home today so I get to rid tonight! Think of me on page 800!

I find it hilarious that this is the first post of page 800.

I know! @orangesmartie messaged me I was first while I was buying carrots. I was embarrassingly excited by this. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I'm so very behind on this thread. 17 pages.

Since only one of the 4 swimsuits my husband bought worked out, he ordered 3 more a couple days ago. I have decided that I'm going to start tanning so I can have some color for our trip. Hopefully, I can at least have a decent base before we go.

We haven't seen or heard from my stepdaughter since Memorial Day. If anyone is keeping track, that's almost 2 weeks. I'm going to message her tonight or tomorrow if she doesn't bother showing up. I'm done with her *kitten* and I'm done being taken advantage of.

Wow, that's quite a while...and you're taking care of her cat (if I remember correctly)...she hasn't even called to check in on him/her? :(

Yes, and no, she hasn't. I've asked my husband if he's even heard from her, and he hasn't. I know she's still alive (I know that sounds cold) because she's been posting on facebook. I'm so irritated with her. I can't believe she's treating us this way. After all we've done for her. All I'm going to say is, the apple doesn't fall far.

Except your husband is great so maybe when she grows up a bit his side will come out? ??
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Maybe we should make a group..?
    I'll do it if everyone's in. Let me know what you think.
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I don't see it as stickied...
    It's part of the list in the top sticky.

I'm in for a group!

Me too, if you'll have me.

Oh please, please can I hang with the cool kids in the group too?! :D

Ooooh, I've never been a cool kid before. :smiley:

Ditto!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I'm starting to get a little concerned over here, AF is as of now 3 days late. Ugh! (May or may not be a little TMI)

Ok so what is AF? I am guessing period but what does AF stand for?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to get a little concerned over here, AF is as of now 3 days late. Ugh! (May or may not be a little TMI)

Aunt Flo
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    So, happy weekend everyone. I'm off to bed, but I thought I'd leave this here. It's a video of a moose family playing in someone's lawn sprinkler. You're welcome!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=850fg3SYSoo

Omg, I love it! :) Thanks for making my morning!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    @Glinda1971 I really think I may have nightmares tonight after googling "trypophobia" and hitting images oh my lord how disgusting. I do not think you're weird at all I think I have the same thing and never knew what it was!

Ditto! I was like AH can't unsee, can't UNSEE!

Someone should pass around the eye bleach.

Phoebe_my_eyes_my_eyes.gif

I still haven't googled...but I'm so curious!!!! I don't know what to dooooo!!!!

Also- as far as this thread vs. the new group... how are you guys choosing where to post? I thought the group was kind of just a backup if this thread went to crap...but I just popped in over at the group and noticed some people have been posting there. Just curious...thinking it will be tough to keep up with both..

I'll go check it now and then when I have time but I figure I am mostly staying here as no one has slowed down in here!

That's what I'm thinking..
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Edited because MY FIRST DOUBLE POST!!!

WELCOME TO THE CLUB.

My confession of the (way too early) morning... I'm having a very hard time not judging obese people who keep ordering the most greasy and fried meals at the restaurants... my mom's boyfriend could lose 100 pounds but he's been ordering fish and chips, meat loaf, burger and fries... I can't help shaking my head. The guy has had a quadruple bypass already.

Second confession - they are leaving today and like the horrible daughter than I am, I am very happy about it. This morning I was up at 4.30am and just got up for the day as I knew they'd wake me up at 5.30am anyway.

Haha, thanks. You're actually the first person I thought of when I saw my double posting! :)

And congrats on getting your privacy back!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Aunt Flo

Ah. That is one I haven't heard of before. Kinda nasty if you think about it.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    We say 'Got the painters in', although I also refer delicately to my 'lady time'.
    Shark week seems a little harsh to me.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    We say 'Got the painters in', although I also refer delicately to my 'lady time'.

It actually took forever before I realized what shark week meant. I was thinking of the week where they show shark shows on a cable station. Every time I saw posts about wanting to eat all the foods during shark week, I would be so confused and wonder just how special shark week really was. And why it happened so many times during the year. I felt like a fool when I finally put it all together :).

• qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options

It doesn't specify that it's a judgment-free zone, however.

It doesn't specify that it's a judgment-free zone, however.

I'm totally judging someone who refers to herself as having "quit smoking" after smoking a cigarette a day for 9 months. As an ex pack-a-day 24 year smoker.
    Yeah, have to agree with you there. It's like me saying I quit drinking, when I have maybe 1-2 glasses of wine, or one beer a week.

All that being said, would you not agree... that the single most compelling 'unexpected moment' found amidst that thread's first few posts happens to involve mention of something stunningly informative, and which -- and as difficult as it is for one to fathom (or for me to believe, at all (and in hindsight, in particular)) -- I shall heretofore flash back to, if/when partaking of such calorically, carbohydratively, and sugar-tastic -ladenly 'sacrilegious' fare as that found in the realm of donutdom...

...and that compellingly unexpected (gasp-worthy, really), and stunningly informative mentioning-of-the-seemingly-unmentionable touched upon (and of all things!) a *donut exorcism* ( { she didn't perform an exorcism on the donut! } ) -- which subsequently *begs* the question of just how *would* one go about performing an exorcism on a donut -- ?!! (<-- and have those words *ever* before been asked in the history of humankind (?!!) (clearly, they must have, what with this apparently not being the first time that the 'need' for 'this', and the pondering of its 'how' -- and involving such a remarkably specialized version of exorcistic 'target' -- involved contemplatively requisite 'preparation', in order to rid humanity of a that-which-the-world-could-not-have-imagined-in-its-worst-nightmare sort of 'menace'... ;) ))

(...and yes, that kind of venturing-into-the-unknown has *already* changed my life in ways that I could not have predicted... such as my wondering about (and being astonishingly perplexed by) a reality associated with yesterday that has me profoundly befuddled (<-- who coined that word?! lol) -- the fact that yesterday's Free Donut Day festivities would seem to have been 'ripe' for protests from religious groups far and wide (and kept many a priest busy with exorcistic 'dates with destiny'), and yet involved nary a peep from said contingent... it's enough to give one hope for world peace (before reading the next day's headlines, that is)...)

;)
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

It actually took forever before I realized what shark week meant. I was thinking of the week where they show shark shows on a cable station. Every time I saw posts about wanting to eat all the foods during shark week, I would be so confused and wonder just how special shark week really was. And why it happened so many times during the year. I felt like a fool when I finally put it all together :).

I admit to this too. It took me a while!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

I admit to this too. It took me a while!

Ummm I never knew that. I always thought it was the television viewing too!