Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    So today a problem arose that I wasn't expecting. I was stuck at the same weight for the last 2 weeks in May. So the first of June I recommitted myself to to not going over my 1200 calories per day. I have lost 7 pounds in 7 days.

Great- right?

Well...three times in this past week I have had to stop exercising because I was weak and feeling sick. Am I coming down with something? Is it my blood pressure??
    Should I go to the doctor???

My dear (almost) daughter-in-law (who is about to start med school) pointed out that I have started jogging instead of just walking, I'm going to Zumba, Aqua-fit, lifting weight and working out at least an hour each day and some days 2 hours or more.

Hello! I'm not eating back all those calories! I wasn't even keeping close track of my exercise on my diary. I went back and checked and on the days I was feeling weak I actually ate the same number of calories as I burned in exercise. It never even occurred to me that I needed to eat more!

Duh! That's not okay! No wonder I couldn't exercise. So today I took it easy, had some extra snacks and ate a nice big dinner and now I feel fine. From now on I will be much more careful to match my calories to my exercise.

• bri170lb
    Options
    So...
    bri170lb wrote: »

J4T Friday
    1. Laundry and housework :smile:
    2. Meet Trainer to learn how to use weights :smile:
    3. Zumba...No...too much in one day is BAD FOR me!
    4. 1200 calories...No....too little in one day is also not good!
    5. Bible study :smiley:

J4T Saturday
    1. Eat really well, within my limits, but taking into account what will be spent in exercise.
    2. Choose just 1 hours worth of exercise and don't push too hard and eat more before I exercise rather than after.
    3. Get some extra rest just to be sure I've recovered from my foolishness.
    4. Bible study.

• kelsnewlife
    kelsnewlife Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I just wanted to say to those struggling with depression / trauma background/anxiety ect...
    No goal is too small. No goal is too small.
    We fight. We work. We try. And when we can't, we rest so we can fight again.

So beautifully stated!

Thank you.
    Today was my 41 st bday so I didn't diet or worry about calories or numbers, depression or weight. I hung out with my husband and laughed. It was a beautiful day.
    Tomorrow, I start the climb again, but today, it was good to laugh.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    b]JFT 04/06[/b]
    1. Ring the surgeon for an appointment to have my hip done. :) waiting for him to get back,to me on Monday
    2. Stay under basic calories/walk 10,000 + steps. :)
    3. Go to Parchment Craft class after lunch. :) finished one of my projects.
    4. Log water. :/ will do it now lol
    5. De clutter wardrobe and sort out summer clothes. :) this is an ongoing job. Managed to do a fair bit, though.

I'm hoping the weather improves enough to get out for a walk. :) It did. I had two short walks between showers lol
    'The journey of a thousand steps begins with a single step'. Take that one step! :grin:[/quote]

JFT 6/06
    1. Work on meeting a writing deadline for tomorrow evening.
    2. Shop for provisions.
    3. Visit plant sale at a friend's house.
    4. 10,000+ steps/under calorie goal/log water
    5. Have some fun!

That fills up most of my day lol

Thanks for all the encouraging comments.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Great success on daily goals everyone.

JFT - I will try to not overeat at the amusement park with my grandsons. Need to drink more water.
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options

JFT - I will try to not overeat at the amusement park with my grandsons. Need to drink more water.

Awwww! Have a great time! You'll get lots of steps today too!
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Just for today, Saturday, 6/6, I will eat when my body needs fuel, and for no other reason.
  • mayflye
    mayflye Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will weigh myself, put on my Fitbit, and log everything.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Yesterday friday, June 5
    1. Log all food :)
    2. concentrate on more water :/
    3. watch sugar grams --- THIS seems to be helping me some! :/:/
    4. Either walk, ride my bike, or use my ellipitical :)

Yesterday was OK until evening again. I had some icecream snickers bars -- they were on sale $2.99 for a 5 pack. What was I thinking!! No sale is worth it. It was a stressful evening with our mentally ill daughter - she wants to move out again, hates living with us, etc etc. She has severe mental illness, so would be unable to live alone. Anyhow, I ate 4 of those darn snickers bars!
    But --- I wrote it all down. I mowed the grass, and walked, so hoping I don't gain too much, and will try and make up for it the rest of the week.

SO just for today, again....
    1. log all my food
    2. remember to concentrate on water
    3. watch sugar grams - went WAY over yesterday, so today I know I will be craving things.
    4. exercise

I have tons to do today, so will read everyone's post later. But I hope you all have a great saturday!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say to those struggling with depression / trauma background/anxiety ect...
    No goal is too small. No goal is too small.
    We fight. We work. We try. And when we can't, we rest so we can fight again.

So beautifully stated!

Thank you.
    Today was my 41 st bday so I didn't diet or worry about calories or numbers, depression or weight. I hung out with my husband and laughed. It was a beautiful day.
    Tomorrow, I start the climb again, but today, it was good to laugh.

Happy 41st! Here's to a healthy, happy year. Do something special just for you!
  • Saragirl2
    Options
    Yesterday friday, June 5
    1. Log all food :)
    2. concentrate on more water :/
    3. watch sugar grams --- THIS seems to be helping me some! :/:/
    4. Either walk, ride my bike, or use my ellipitical :)

Yesterday was OK until evening again. I had some icecream snickers bars -- they were on sale $2.99 for a 5 pack. What was I thinking!! No sale is worth it. It was a stressful evening with our mentally ill daughter - she wants to move out again, hates living with us, etc etc. She has severe mental illness, so would be unable to live alone. Anyhow, I ate 4 of those darn snickers bars!
    But --- I wrote it all down. I mowed the grass, and walked, so hoping I don't gain too much, and will try and make up for it the rest of the week.

SO just for today, again....
    1. log all my food
    2. remember to concentrate on water
    3. watch sugar grams - went WAY over yesterday, so today I know I will be craving things.
    4. exercise

I have tons to do today, so will read everyone's post later. But I hope you all have a great saturday!

Joan, I understand how living with someone who's behavior is very challenging can drive you to eat the treats. I buy stuff that I subconsciously know I'm going to turn to at some point in the day. If my daughter blows up or my kids are fighting I feel carrot sticks are not going to satisfy me once I've calmed everyone down. I have to work on not using food as a reward. The exercise has definitely helped me.
  • Saragirl2
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who shared their experiences on self image. It was very motivating. Everyday I'm going to challenge myself in hopes to stay positive on this journey.

JFT
    Keep tracking (weekends are tough)
    Mow lawn.
    Positive self talk.
    Soak in tub.
    Plan Sunday dinner for family.
    Early bedtime.

Enjoy the weekend!
  • bri170lb
    Options

J4T Saturday
    1. Eat really well, within my limits, but taking into account what will be spent in exercise.
    2. Choose just 1 hours worth of exercise and don't push too hard and eat more before I exercise rather than after.
    3. Get some extra rest just to be sure I've recovered from my foolishness. :smile:
    4. Bible study. :smile:

Still not ok to exercise. I am hoping to get back on track tomorrow.

J4T Sunday
    1. C25K
    2. 1200 -1500 calories
    3. Bible study

• TerriRichardson112
    edited June 2015
    Options
    JFT 6/06
    1. Work on meeting a writing deadline for tomorrow evening. :) I got that done and posted.
    2. Shop for provisions. :)
    3. Visit plant sale at a friend's house. :) bought a lovely lemon geranium.
    4. 10,000+ steps/under calorie goal/log water :) 10,406/ Under goal but ate back half my exercise cals/logged my water
    5. Have some fun. :grin:

Thanks for all the encouraging comments. [/quote]

All in all a :star: day. Although I ate back exercise cals I dropped 1lb this morning.

I have been doing JFT for 10 days now. It is such a motivator.

JFT 7/06
    1. Another writing deadline today.
    2. Get some gardening done. I have planters to fill.
    3. 10,000+ steps.
    4. Under Basic calorie goal.
    5. 8 glasses of water and log it.

Hooray! The sun is shining this morning so I should get out. Yesterday was so wet.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Does anyone struggle with avoiding social situations because of their weight/self image? I used to really enjoy going to celebrations, reunions, etc but lately I'm pulling away. I feel this way when it involves people I know & haven't seen in a while.
    !

ME!

It's a major part of why I decided to get my act together. More and more I found myself dreading situations that I should have enjoyed. I personally love to plan big parties. I found myself dreading my own events!

I'm a little over half way to my goal and I have been getting out of the car to say hi to folks when a year ago I would have just let my husband do it while I waited in the car. And I have been having less and less stress about shopping and asking for assistance in stores.

My husband is hyper-social. He knows everybody, remembers their life stories, checks up on tons of people regularly and talks incessantly, which is great for our business but makes it really easy for me to hang back in the shadows.

I just joined a gym and that is waaaaay out of my comfort zone. I haven't done any workouts yet without dragging one of my kids along, but that is next step. As i have started to feel more confident about the way I look it really has become more and more easy to be outgoing.

Those are such great NSVs. I applaud the way you are approaching this process. I have found that, as the weight drops off, i have regained youthful vigour. Isn't it great to finally be doing something so positive for ourselves. :grin:
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    J4T: 6/5
    1) Really teach my Aqua Zumba class
    2) Pick up my bike pump at REI
    3) Video myself at different distances from my camera to check optimal focal points.
    4) Text the guy who is supposed to observe me teaching aqua fit on Monday.

I did all those things!

J4T: 6/7

1) Attend a One to One session on iMove at the Apple store
    2) Video an introduction to my new book
    3) Go to an engagement party for my cousin

(education, work, fun)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    68myra wrote: »
    I had an off day yesterday. it is what is it, and it's in the past.
    JUST FOR TODAY, I will enjoy time with a friend, eat sensibly, and see a movie without eating popcorn.

Ha ha! I've stopped buying popcorn at the movies most of the time, but sometimes I just get the small one and eat half (It helps if you're a klutz and drop it when you sit down).

• PeanutbutterBang
    PeanutbutterBang Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just for today, Sunday 7th June:

Drink 2.5 litres of water
    Start C25K
    Focus on the good

Big love to my MFP family! Enjoy your Sunday, whatever you're doing.
  • jabrams1955
    jabrams1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    JFT - do not sabotage the whole weekend! Was over my calorie limit Friday & Saturday -- Today I will stay within calorie limits -- go walking, aim for 10,000 steps today (I wear my FITBIT, love it!); then tackle the list of chores one at a time and get done what I can and the rest will get done later in the week. Watch CAVS basketball this evening. Sounds like a nice day to me!
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

I did well. Just a bite of funnel cake and cotton candy. Had a chicken philly sandwich but did not eat al of the bread. Lots of steps. Over 10,000. Stayed within my calories. Success.