New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I'm a huge fan of the Quest chips too. The cheddar and sour cream flavor is my favorite.

Definitely glad I snagged those then! I plan on trying those tomorrow night. :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of the Quest chips too. The cheddar and sour cream flavor is my favorite.

Definitely glad I snagged those then! I plan on trying those tomorrow night. :)

I've tried 3 flavors...the only 3 I like in normal potato chips. The other two where the sour cream and onion which tasted a tiny bit off...but they were still good. The other was the bbq flavor which I normally like but the Quest version was way too bold of a flavor for my bland tastes.

I actually tried to give away the second bag I'd bought but y'all are so cynical about free things on message boards! :)

• glassyo
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I want to try them still, but my husband doesn't like oreos and my kids don't like PB and I don't want to be stuck having to eat a whole package.

You don't have to eat them all in one day. :p

And there are only 12 servings in the package.

Aaaaaaaaaand I tried the vanilla cupcake flavored Yoplait Whip last night. It tasted like normal vanilla yogurt but less so.

Lol I know, but I don't like leaving a bag of cookies open too long, and I don't want oreos more than once a week, if that... so it's just not worth it.

I'm still trying to get over your husband not liking oreos and your kids not liking peanut butter. :)

I'm a creature of habit and eat the same things every day. I'm not sure I *could* keep a bag of cookies open too long without wanting to just finish it off before they get stale.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    blamundson wrote: »
    gz1w770xpsmh.jpg
    Found these at Costco in a 4 pack. Just Chia seeds, coconut milk, vanilla bean and cinnamon. If you can get over the gel texture, they're not bad and good when a sweet tooth kicks in.

I love those, but I'm not a big fan of the vanilla flavor. I prefer the blueberry, coffee, and cacao flavors.

Eh at 170 calories a cup, I'd rather have a cup of yogurt or heck, some kozy shack pudding, lol!
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I live in Washington state, and where I live, I don't see a lot of those yummy products. It seems the Eastern states have a lot more variety in the yogurt flavors. That's sad for me, because I live in dairy country...
  • blwasson73
    blwasson73 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I live in Washington state, and where I live, I don't see a lot of those yummy products. It seems the Eastern states have a lot more variety in the yogurt flavors. That's sad for me, because I live in dairy country...

I live in Washington State too. Are you near a Metropolitan Market, Whole Foods, or PCC? I've seen some of these products offered there..
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    IDK if it's new at all, but the Extend nutrition bars that are designed to keep yr blood sugar level for like 6 hours are wonderful. If yr stuck at work late these are a real lifesaver. 12 g protein, 150 cals, 0 sugar, 1g net carbs. This is a product designed for diabetic or prediabetic ppl (and I am prediabetic). But it could still be useful for anyone.
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've tried 3 flavors...the only 3 I like in normal potato chips. The other two where the sour cream and onion which tasted a tiny bit off...but they were still good. The other was the bbq flavor which I normally like but the Quest version was way too bold of a flavor for my bland tastes.

I actually tried to give away the second bag I'd bought but y'all are so cynical about free things on message boards! :)

I didn't see the Sour Cream and onion ones. I'll have to go back and check for those! I did see the salt and vinegar though. Avoided those due to other people on MFP saying they weren't too good.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    IDK if it's new at all, but the Extend nutrition bars that are designed to keep yr blood sugar level for like 6 hours are wonderful. If yr stuck at work late these are a real lifesaver. 12 g protein, 150 cals, 0 sugar, 1g net carbs. This is a product designed for diabetic or prediabetic ppl (and I am prediabetic). But it could still be useful for anyone.

I need to look for those. That might actually helps me those days when I'm just starving... just got to avoid the ones with splenda as it always makes me hungrier for some reason.
  • glassyo
    Options
    Awwwwwwww, I stopped into Trader Joe's to check out the riced cauliflower and they were all out.
  • BeFitBri2
    BeFitBri2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

You should try out the Muscle Pharm Combat Crunch bars. They look/taste just like a chocolate candy bar. I personally LOVE Quest bars but if you weren't a fan of them, try out the Combat Crunch and see how you like them. They're perfect for when you have a sweet tooth and want some chocolate!
  • rcontr7
    rcontr7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes cauliflower rice!! It's incredible and saves so many calories on some meals that are comfort foods!! Super thrilled with this one!!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Awwwwwwww, I stopped into Trader Joe's to check out the riced cauliflower and they were all out.

I've seen it at our HEB, so some of your other stores may have it too.
  • glassyo
    Options
    I kinda missed this thread so I'm bumping. :p
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    not sure how "new" they are, but new me...

Breyers Blasts
    Chicken Sausage
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    Got to try those oreos too. Although I admit... I've never had anything 'red velvet' in my life... What does it taste like?

I've always felt that it was just chocolate dyed red. LOL

That's actually what it is - not kidding!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    Got to try those oreos too. Although I admit... I've never had anything 'red velvet' in my life... What does it taste like?

I've always felt that it was just chocolate dyed red. LOL

That's actually what it is - not kidding!