Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    I did much better yesterday, even though I started the day out with TWO ice cream snickers bars! But, managed to eat better the rest of the day, and I was busy working in the yard, etc. so that helped some.

So Just for today
    1. Drink all my water
    2. LOG everything I eat!
    3. Exercise.

Rae - welcome back. We missed you!

I also am so busy this morning, and have not read all the posts. But so grateful for each of you who posts -- its keeps me going, one day at a time! I know I am not alone in the struggle to continue to eat healthy, etc.!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I've been on track for the last couple of days (14,000+ steps yesterday) but I keep forgetting to come here and set goals! So, just for today...

Monday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. swimming and gardening
    3. stay under 100G carbs
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I am going to post a blog that I occassionally read, and the link that I posted here is such a good read, well worth it to read. This lady lost 217 lbs, only to gain 100 back. She, like myself, is struggling to get back on track. She posted this last week, and this thinking process is helping me (well, at least 5 out of the 6 days I've tried this!). Her thinking is to tell yourself "what if" before you do something.

For example, .. WHAT IF...." I ate this ice cream. How would I feel. Well, I would feel more tired from the sugar, I would again crave another Ice cream bar, etc etc.

But .. WHAT IF... " I had a apple instead. Well, we all know that answer - I would feel better, I would feel in control.

"WHAT IF".. I just skip my exercising for today. Sometimes I can answer this OK because I am exhausted, but many times, I know the answer would be that if I skip today, I might want to skip tomorrow also, and the next day, etc. But, if I answer that I am not going to skip the exercise, I know when I get back I will feel better.

Anyhow, see what you guys think about this kind of thinking. I did so much better last week using this. I did have one awful day, where I got into the ice cream, - emotional eating again. I need to ask myself this question each time!

But many of this lady posts are so good, and very encouraging. (Especially the one on sugar detox!).

http://www.300poundsdown.com/2015/05/what-if-strategies-for-getting-motivated.htm
  • _sacar
    _sacar Posts: 80 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Just for today 6/8:

1. Run 3 mi - treadmill or street!
    2. Don't eat any sweets AT ALL! :(:)

Okay I said that and now all I can thinking about is chocolate. thisiswhyimfat
  • mytime6630
    Options
    JFT - enjoy grandsons bd party with small piece of cake to fit within my calorie goal.

It is stressful here. Son's wife left him for another man and their baby was only 1 at the time. (What was she thinking????).

Anyway 4 year old and now 2 year old are having a hard time adjusting to all the shuffling back and forth. She said "they will be fine". Aargh!! Maybe for her but my son has no family here to help out. We are trying to come up (9 hr drive) as often as we can to give him some help when he has them.

Sad situation!!

Vicky, so sorry you are in this situation. My brothers wife left him when his youngest was only 1 yr old (and they had 4 children). She ran away with someone, and totaly left those kids. It is so sad, and you really wonder what they are thinking. Bless you for being there for you son and grandchildren. Even though you live a distance, any help I know will mean so much to all of them. God bless you all. Hugs
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Hi. I'm back after a nuts week and some totally out of control eating.
    And it stops here and I'm looking forward to getting back on track and attacking the remaining 14 lbs (or may be slightly more after last week - will see tomorrow).
    I want to hit my target by 6th August and this will take full commitment.

Good news is I have a few weeks of low stress with plenty of spare time so can fit in loads of exercise and that tends to make me want to make good food choices.

So I CAN do this!

So Monday's goals:
    - Hit calorie target. Pure and simple.

Wishing you all joy on at least some small way.
    Smiles.

Achieved. And v pleased as gad terrible tooth ache this afternoon and wanted to comfort eat (something soft! ) and didn't! :-)

• feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Tuesday's goals
    - hit calorie target
    - - get emergency appointment at dentist... I can't take this pain for much longer!
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Tuesday's goals
    - hit calorie target
    - - get emergency appointment at dentist... I can't take this pain for much longer!

Tooth pain stinks.... I hope the dentist can resolve it quickly
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to make it through a whole 24 hours yet.....my days can be great, then the sun sets and oy! So...

Just For Tonight, 6/8,
    The rest of my calories, if any, will be in liquid form. (Not alcohol, hehe)
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    It has been a crazy busy weekend, which is good, because even though my eating tipped over a bit, I have been doing hours of things like scrubbing the siding on our house and hoeing/gardening/planting...So, I ought to see a pound off soon :-). The last two days have gone perfect on cals...until some after dinner emotional eating on both nites :/ --BLAH.

JFT 7 June:
    1. Stay in cal. limit
    2. Drink 3+ pints water/tea
    3. Some sort of exercise--30 min.
    4. Try not to miss my 3 teens too much as they just left for a week's camp one hour ago (translated: Don't emotionally eat & Don't cry all day! It is also two of their bday's--today and Wed--and we'll not be able to celebrate until they get back!) It will be a different household dynamic all together, with my 5 youngers!!
    5. In order to do #4 well, spend some time in God's word & prayer, reflecting on His goodness in all He provides!! :):)

Hope you all have a beautiful Sunday!

Am I reading this correctly that you have 8 children. 3 that went to camp and 5 youngers? If that is the case, you are doing great carving out time for yourself and MFP.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    JFT - enjoy grandsons bd party with small piece of cake to fit within my calorie goal.

It is stressful here. Son's wife left him for another man and their baby was only 1 at the time. (What was she thinking????).

Anyway 4 year old and now 2 year old are having a hard time adjusting to all the shuffling back and forth. She said "they will be fine". Aargh!! Maybe for her but my son has no family here to help out. We are trying to come up (9 hr drive) as often as we can to give him some help when he has them.

Sad situation!!

Oh, Vicky, that just about rips my heart out!!! Will be praying for you, that you may minister grace and soothing into the lives of your grandchildren as you visit...God has placed you in their lives as a stable point--they will remember that in the midst of tumult! And just think of what you could do also even when you are away, to encourage them in letters which your son could read to them. They would have those words in their hearts to carry them through the years. Enjoy your time with your precious ones!

Thank you so much. I want to help them any way I can. Did not think about letters to such young children but I could draw some pictures along with the letters so it would make it more interesting to them. Thanks for the great idea.

BTW we did have a wonderful visit and BD celebration.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

Sad situation!!

Vicky, so sorry you are in this situation. My brothers wife left him when his youngest was only 1 yr old (and they had 4 children). She ran away with someone, and totaly left those kids. It is so sad, and you really wonder what they are thinking. Bless you for being there for you son and grandchildren. Even though you live a distance, any help I know will mean so much to all of them. God bless you all. Hugs

Thank you Joan. Your kind words mean a lot to me. I am just trying to be there for them. There is no road map for this situation. We are just doing the best we can and letting time pass to help heal these deep wounds. As mother, it just breaks my heart that I can't fix this.
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options

Am I reading this correctly that you have 8 children. 3 that went to camp and 5 youngers? If that is the case, you are doing great carving out time for yourself and MFP.

Yes, correct :):) --we've been blessed with 8 Lovelies. So proud of them!
    Glad you had a good visit!

• ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Just for today...coming on late
    1.) Make it to gym at lunch
    2.) No wine tonight
    3. ) work on finding more compassion for others, try to put myself in there situations to understand; even if that means I need to handle more of the responsibilities :)
  • ruby70
    Options
    @kwfitgal - I am proud of you for staying strong as you sent off your teens to camp. I know it is hard having them gone for awhile. I only have the one but he makes my day every single day! I am already getting sad that he going to be a freshman in HS next year.

@vicky- my heart goes out to you. I can relate. Please stay strong & do the best you can. It is so challenging when we see kids hurting and we cannot do anything to change the situation.

@joan- thanks for the "what if" thinking. I am going to try that. It makes sense.

Good to see you fiestyjojo, losingrae, brill, sara, azulviolet....did not mean to forget anyone. You are all doing great!!

Remember, take care of your body it is the only place you have to live!!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    J4T Monday
    1. Weights and core exercises at gym. :smile:
    2. C25K :smile:
    3. 1200- 1500 calories :smile:
    4. Bible study :smile:

J4T Tuesday
    1. Maybe a walk at lunchtime if I can sneak away from work.
    2. Aqua-fit
    3. 1200-1500 calories
    4. Bible study

• SChitra
    SChitra Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Missed on 1200 calories and 8 glass of water yesterday. Too less consumed. Will try to correct the fall.
    J4T
    1. 1200 to 1500 calories with clean eating
    2. 8 glass of water min
    3. log everything
    4. walk for 30 min
  • kelsnewlife
    kelsnewlife Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I just wanted to say to those struggling with depression / trauma background/anxiety ect...
    No goal is too small. No goal is too small.
    We fight. We work. We try. And when we can't, we rest so we can fight again.

So beautifully stated!

Thank you.
    Today was my 41 st bday so I didn't diet or worry about calories or numbers, depression or weight. I hung out with my husband and laughed. It was a beautiful day.
    Tomorrow, I start the climb again, but today, it was good to laugh.

Happy 41st! Here's to a healthy, happy year. Do something special just for you!

Thank you, it was a beautiful birthday weekend. ..now back to real life :)
    I got back to yoga today, tomorrow I start the hard work of dieting and tredmill again :)
  • ruby70
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1.) Post goals
    2.) Cardio at lunch
    3.) 10,000 steps today
  • jabrams1955
    jabrams1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Today, stay within calorie goals, work out at the gym if possible; drink water; watch CAVS basketball playoff game -- smile and enjoy my day!