looking for older ladies losing 50 lbs

Options
1235»

Replies

• kansas_km
    kansas_km Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and have about 30lbs to lose. I recently lost my mom and aunt both from heart attacks. Both died since february suddenly. I have to lose weight so I can see my 12 year old grow up. I'm also in surgically induced menopause from ov cancer in 2006. Any support is appreciated.
  • Jillmgk36
    Jillmgk36 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 in September, and have about 30 more lbs to lose. Four years ago I was introduced to MFP and by tracking my food, and taking up jogging (it wasn't pretty, but I was moving), I lost 32 lbs and felt really good. I found myself early this year having gained back about 25 of that lost 32, and started focusing on this again. In the past 3 months, I've dropped 11 lbs, but its been very slow going. I can't run like I did before, due to knee problems, but I'm doing my best. It seems like just a few years, from 45 to pushing 50, that my metabolism has really plummeted. Any encouragement and support would be great!

By the way, I am trying to eat as much whole foods as I can, and keep my carbs somewhat low. 1400 cal limit a day too. It worked great initially, but the scale hasn't budged in a few weeks which is disheartening.
  • drivenbonkers
    drivenbonkers Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 57, (when did THAT happen?) 5'1", with 58 lbs to lose. 1200 Calories per day, diary open to friends

Currently in week 13 on this journey and losing steadily, slowly, but steadily. Giving up is NOT an option!

Add me as a friend!