Cheat day?

Options

Replies

• gapop
    gapop Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Having a cheat day is fine however control the portions you are having. Soon enough your mind will change completely and you will see that there is no need to have a cheat day. You are just saying goodbye to junk food. Let it be for now :) Good luck on your journey.
  • belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Cheat days can be confusing. I've had a trainer say to do it, and to go high carb that day and low the rest of the week. I've had another trainer say only a cheat meal. Then another say still log your food and not go over 2500. its very confusing. I've done the 1200/1500 every other day since I exercise so much it's very difficult to go under that without feeling fatigue. you'll just have to listen to your body and do what feel right and if you are still losing each week then it works.
  • belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    macros are your food percent goals that you enter into MFP, like 40 percent protein, 30 fat and 30 carbs.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    What exactly are macros? Daily vitamins?

Macro nutrients are the major part of nutrition.

Protein, fats and carbs...micros are your minerals etc.

MFP has them set to recommended daily minimums...
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    belfle wrote: »
    Cheat days can be confusing. I've had a trainer say to do it, and to go high carb that day and low the rest of the week. I've had another trainer say only a cheat meal. Then another say still log your food and not go over 2500. its very confusing. I've done the 1200/1500 every other day since I exercise so much it's very difficult to go under that without feeling fatigue. you'll just have to listen to your body and do what feel right and if you are still losing each week then it works.

All the more reason not to take nutrition advice from (most) trainers unless they have training or credentials in that area
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    It amazes me how often this same question is asked...pretty much daily. O.P. just do a search for "cheat days", then you will be able to read tons of opinions on the subject.
  • suzieannfat
    suzieannfat Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you. You're the only one that isn't killing me for only eating veggies and fruit the whole week and being 1,000 a day. I do what feels right for me. So thank you
  • suzieannfat
    Options
    macros are your food percent goals that you enter into MFP, like 40 percent protein, 30 fat and 30 carbs.
    Oh lol thanks I'm not worried about that right now Just trying to adjust.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Thank you. You're the only one that isn't killing me for only eating veggies and fruit the whole week and being 1,000 a day. I do what feels right for me. So thank you

People aren't killing you for it. They are letting you know it's not healthy to be on such a low calorie diet...and it isn't.

You need protein or you will lose muscle along with the fat, you will experience lots of things down the road eating such low calories...it might not be immediate but it will happen if you continue.

I can eat 1800-2000 a day and lose weight...1/2lb a week...and I am older and smaller than you so you could and should be eating more...
  • suzieannfat
    Options
    gapop wrote: »
    Having a cheat day is fine however control the portions you are having. Soon enough your mind will change completely and you will see that there is no need to have a cheat day. You are just saying goodbye to junk food. Let it be for now :) Good luck on your journey.

Thank you. I hope its soon. Its already changing but I just gotta keep working at it.
  • juggernaut1974
    edited June 2015
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

People aren't killing you for it. They are letting you know it's not healthy to be on such a low calorie diet...and it isn't.

You need protein or you will lose muscle along with the fat, you will experience lots of things down the road eating such low calories...it might not be immediate but it will happen if you continue.

I can eat 1800-2000 a day and lose weight...1/2lb a week...and I am older and smaller than you so you could and should be eating more...

^this

Eating a very low cal diet of only veggies and fruit is not in any way "healthy"

Your "cheat day" is your body telling you that you need some protein and fat and more calories in your diet. People who eat a balanced and adequate amount of calories rarely feel the need to "cheat"
  • jnv7594
    edited June 2015
    Options

Maybe that's because most people here know that what you're doing isn't sustainable. Sure, you will lose weight now, but chances of you sticking to something so restrictive are very slim. Then you will gain your weight back. People here are simply trying to give you tips on a sustainable lifestyle so that you don't gain your weight back down the road. They're being helpful regardless of how you choose to take it.

• juggernaut1974
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Double post
  • jnv7594
    Options
    Oh lol thanks I'm not worried about that right now Just trying to adjust.

You should be though. If nothing else, make sure you're getting enough protein, and don't skimp on the fat either. Fat doesn't make you fat, so don't fall into that way of thinking.

• angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Who thinks its okay to have a cheat day? If you think its okay, how often? I wanted to do one once every other week. But I feel like it should be once a week? Is that too much? On a daily basis I eat either a little under or over 1,000 calories and burn about 200-300any thoughts?

Depends, I set a goal to be 135 by the end of June, I'm 141 now...I don't have time for cheat days nor do I want any set backs. If I didn't have a goal time I would say it's ok to have a cheat day. Don't want any set backs tho
  • suzieannfat
    Options
    This was noted by my doctor as okay to eat this many calories a day. He said as long as I'm eating a little throughout the day and getting my protein and vitamins then I'm okay. I also take vitamins to help with this. I didn't think my calorie intake was going to become a huge issue. I havent ignored anyone's post Ive said aill try adding things to my diet. I'm just starting this and trying to find what works best for me.
  • suzieannfat
    Options
    This was noted by my doctor as okay to eat this many calories a day. He said as long as I'm eating a little throughout the day and getting my protein and vitamins then I'm okay. I also take vitamins to help with this. I didn't think my calorie intake was going to become a huge issue. I havent ignored anyone's post Ive said aill try adding things to my diet. I'm just starting this and trying to find what works best for me.
  • suzieannfat
    Options
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Ok then...

I think you should do a cheat day once a week and it should be all protein. :)