30 Day Shred (30DS) - Starting 5/23

Options

Replies

• jerseygirl777
    jerseygirl777 Posts: 148
    Options
    I started 2 days ago, but stopped because I hurt my knee from running. I am going to try and rest my knee again today, and get back on the 30DS tomorrow! I did it before any only made it 3 weeks. Hoping to finish this time! I will say in 3 weeks I gained a lot of muscle!! I'm excited to see my results once I actually stick to it! I'm going to try and take it easy on my knee (maybe do more level 2) and hope I still get results! Good luck everyone!
  • HBean
    HBean Posts: 55
    Options
    Great to see everyone doing so well, I finished day two today and I'm (in a very weird way) looking forward to day three. Every day is a step closer to success :happy:

I had knee trouble the first time I did the Shred all the way through but by day 20 it had all but gone. I found ice packs to really, really work. Well done to everyone for giving it your best go, it's well worth it!

See you tomorrow guys x
  • veriviki
    veriviki Posts: 44
    Options
    Finished day 2, but I definitely didn't work as hard as I could have. I just get so bored doing the same thing over and over!
  • fatasslosermom
    Options
    I'm in. Sounds like an awesome challenge. Guess I need to go buy the DVD. Lol. What did you say it's called? Thanks!!! Please add me as a friend.
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 3 ...legs are killer sore....I love it though :smile:
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Actually, it's my thighs that are bugging me. o.o;;

Also, my knees click during the jumping jacks. I don't exactly modify them, but I don't do huge leg movements there. Essentially, instead of big jumps where your feet are several inches in the air, I kind of move them about an inch, and kind of shuffle. It's easier on my knees, as there's less impact.
  • emartinez8107
    emartinez8107 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    finished day 3 yayyy... im so sore didnt think i could make it :)
  • munozrd
    munozrd Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I finally did it! I completed the workout on day 4 for me! I am sweaty and tired but its a good tired. thanks to everyone for support and good job to all how completed the day!
  • ToeTapN
    ToeTapN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am a few days in and going strong. It does get easier. Thanks for giving us a way to all check in and hold ourselves accountable.
  • crzybeautiful11
    Options
    Day 4 completed this morning - I can actually tell that my tummy is a little tighter if I look in the mirror =) Great job everyone, keep it up!!
  • jlanab
    jlanab Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    someone said they get bored. I turn the volon the tv down and play some fast music during the routine. seems to make to time go by faster!
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Finished day two had a bit of trouble keeping up with the cardio. Don't know why since I started at the same pace as they did. I have trouble doing the pushups cant do full can't do modified cuz of my knees won't take it so I do them at an angle off the couch which is also kind of hard. Sore from yesterday because I made the mistake of doing my regular exercises after doing the shred. my body isn't ready for that yet. feel ok after this day but I was still telling her I hate her lol...
    I've had to bind up my knees to get through this workout and I want to throttle Jillian everytime she says "I've had 400 pound people doing jumping jacks - you can do it, too". With a brace and supports on my knee I have been able to get through it, but today there was actual pain (bone on bone grind-y kind of pain) with the butt-kicks, so I switched to a modified exercise - fast marching, side steps - for the cardio portion. Is anyone else having knee trouble?
    I have bad knees as well I was doing full squats like the full version months ago and had to stop after I had finally gotten my legs strong enough to do 160 with 1 min breaks. The jumping kills me and so do any of the squat exercises but I keep on going. If my body tells me I can't anymore I will break for as long as I need and come back. I know you are only allowed 5 seconds but if I don't drink water I can't breath right. I don't have knee braces though I can't afford the extra $60 right now
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I have bad knees as well I was doing full squats like the full version months ago and had to stop after I had finally gotten my legs strong enough to do 160 with 1 min breaks. The jumping kills me and so do any of the squat exercises but I keep on going. If my body tells me I can't anymore I will break for as long as I need and come back. I know you are only allowed 5 seconds but if I don't drink water I can't breath right. I don't have knee braces though I can't afford the extra $60 right now

I've done 6 days now and the squats have gotten easier. Strangely the squats and lunges don't hurt my knees much, just the jumping.
  • fibrogirl
    fibrogirl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Just completed day 2, missed a day yesterday but I did some walking instead. I might do it every other day unless I can fit it in every day. I am aching though especially my thighs so it must be working. Keep up the good work everyone
  • minnesotamama
    minnesotamama Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Completed day 3 (technically day 5 for me, but I started it over to be cohesive with the group)! Felt a little more "sluggish" doing today's workout, but super happy with the number the scale gave me this morning. :happy: Also, my husband said he can tell a difference already. Yay! I'm in love with this workout DVD. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • jlanab
    jlanab Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    just finished day 4 and im icing my right calf as i type. i was a bit sluggish with it this morning but i still burned 300 calories. i n0w alternate between 3 and 5 lb weights and go hard core on squatting when using 3lbs and modify when using 5. the scale hasnt moved and i should not have gotten on but the impatient 2 yr old inside of me wanted to see it move downward in two days. I am definately noticing my endurance changing. i was able to get through the entire video on day 1 but i struggled. on day 4 i still dont "breeze" through the push ups but i dont get shaky until #15 ish.

Keep going everyone!!! Each day we complete we are one step closer to a happier healthier you :smile:
  • mom24uk
    mom24uk Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Day 3 finished!

10% complete! Well done :flowerforyou:
  • pixieval
    pixieval Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Missed day 4, had a fever all day yesterday, but I'm better and ready to do my day 4 today!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Day 2 completed last night, hate the jumping jacks ughhh
  • Nishapoo
    Nishapoo Posts: 3
    Options
    Sounds good! Im in...I have it at home and started it so many times but never felt the need to stick with it. Now i have a reason to keep at it!