A public acknowledgment and thanks for people who helped me succeed at this malarkey

Options

Replies

• snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I'll admit some of you guys being friends of my friends makes me feel awesome by proxy, since clearly I have chosen MFPers wisely! Ha! I'm basically a groupie.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I started MFP on 1200 calories, eating frozen healthy choice meals for dinner every night! my first post included the phrase " I thought we were here to support people! You guys are soooo mean!" Omg I'm so embarrassed :# but I started lurking the forums and I learned so much. No more nasty healthy choice for me! So I completely agree to the list!

:heart:
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I started MFP on 1200 calories, eating frozen healthy choice meals for dinner every night! my first post included the phrase " I thought we were here to support people! You guys are soooo mean!" Omg I'm so embarrassed :# but I started lurking the forums and I learned so much. No more nasty healthy choice for me! So I completely agree to the list!

I have noticed that a lot of the "meanies" are here. ;)

This is quite a different thread than one happening in the Motivation and Support forum right now.

For my part, again, you have given me the ability to roll my eyes and judge people who say dumb things IRL by imparting your knowledge. And judging people silently is one of my favorite things to do. :open_mouth:

• Sued0nim
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »

I have noticed that a lot of the "meanies" are here. ;)

This is quite a different thread than one happening in the Motivation and Support forum right now.

For my part, again, you have given me the ability to roll my eyes and judge people who say dumb things IRL by imparting your knowledge. And judging people silently is one of my favorite things to do. :open_mouth:

Know the feeling ...but you can't turn those folk off like you can a website

• greaseswabber
    greaseswabber Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Non posting lurker here. Many of the people mentioned in this thread have been important for me. Most of you are represented in my book marked posts. Not coincidently, those are the posts that contain the wisdom.

Thank you all for taking the time to impart it.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Oh, someone not around anymore who I haven't seen mentioned and learned a lot from is @neandermagnon.

+1
    +2 Adding @Nony_Mouse. Between those two, I learned plenty about what a Paleo diet is.
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I will also say that @Nony_Mouse is great for debunking the paleo folks and actually explaining what paleo really is.

@mccindy72 is another helpful user

Aw thanks guys!! All those years at university finally paying off :p.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Oh, someone not around anymore who I haven't seen mentioned and learned a lot from is @neandermagnon.

+1
    +2 Adding @Nony_Mouse. Between those two, I learned plenty about what a Paleo diet is.
    I will also say that @Nony_Mouse is great for debunking the paleo folks and actually explaining what paleo really is.

there was a reason for it :bigsmile:

I agree nony .. you rock
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

+1

there was a reason for it :bigsmile:

I agree nony .. you rock

RswrwnZ.jpg
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    Reading through this thread, I see alot of users that were here before--now gone-- and many of them were great. I often wonder where they are and miss them, however I have noticed that new, knowlegable MFPer's show up to fill in the gaps. So, even though we've recently lost some good posters, I'm confident that we'll see interesting users to take up the slack. Keep up the good work guys. Love ya all. <3
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    So glad this is back! I lurk on the forums a bit and the no nonsense advice that a lot of people give has really helped me. It made me quit low fat and start lifting!

@JoRocka
    @MrM27
    @helloitsdan
    @ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    @usmcmp
    @Sarauk2sf
    @rabbitjb
    @tincanonastring
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    ihad wrote: »
    susanmc31 wrote: »

He has provided a lot of valuable input and information.

There's a lot of great names in the thread.

I saw @MireyGal76 mentioned too. May great, helpful posts.

Thanks, :flowerforyou:

Lot of great people in this thread - both in the call out and participating.
    @ihad - I don't know how you do it but your blog is consistently fantastic.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I got the peep photo from a simple Google Image Search.

dude, you're famous.

Oh, now that is simply BRILLIANT.

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

*blush* The guys above deserve the credit, but definitely appreciated.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone mentioned @MireyGal76. Should be mentioned. Carry on.

:flowerforyou:

Thank you very much!!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    So glad this is back! I lurk on the forums a bit and the no nonsense advice that a lot of people give has really helped me. It made me quit low fat and start lifting!

@JoRocka
    @MrM27
    @helloitsdan
    @ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    @usmcmp
    @Sarauk2sf
    @rabbitjb
    @tincanonastring

:blush:

I'm expecting a FR now, just so you know.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen anyone mention @TavistockToad or @AllOutof_Bubblegum. Both full of knowledge and important members of the community.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Good, then I have more to add :)

@MrM27 Because he's the one who taught me all about moderation - I asked for help and he was literally the only one who took the time to talk my issue out and help me figure out a solution. I credit many of my 82 pounds lost to him.

@arditarose Because she's really strong and determined and helpful

@lemurcat12 Always has sound, sensible advice

@diannethegeek She's so incredibly helpful to everyone.

@MamaPeach30 She's just an amazing person in general

@Liftng4Lis She's awesome and funny and a good friend

@cwolfman13 Also really helpful and funny and sensible

This made my day! Muah! You're the best.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    did anyone ping @stevencloser ???? he is always battling the derp pretty hard….

If only I was as motivated trying to write my Bachelor's thesis as I was doing this kind of stuff.

LOL

maybe you should change your thesis to "MFP - A study in Derp, pseudoscience, broscience, and moderating systems"

I bet that would get done with the quickness.

That's actually how I ended up publishing my first book, The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): Following Bad Internet Advice And Getting Awesome Results; A Case Study In Maximized Intake of Dextrose, Maltose, and Strawmen.

Ok, I'm gonna need you to hurry up and publish this, just saying. ;)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    did anyone ping @stevencloser ???? he is always battling the derp pretty hard….

If only I was as motivated trying to write my Bachelor's thesis as I was doing this kind of stuff.

LOL

maybe you should change your thesis to "MFP - A study in Derp, pseudoscience, broscience, and moderating systems"

I bet that would get done with the quickness.

That's actually how I ended up publishing my first book, The 10 Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): Following Bad Internet Advice And Getting Awesome Results; A Case Study In Maximized Intake of Dextrose, Maltose, and Strawmen.

Link broken. Pls fix.
This discussion has been closed.