WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2015

Options

Replies

• lonemaple
    lonemaple Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    got a good nights sleep and feel good.. and having my cup of tea.. I dont go into work until 1.
    so going to get my haircut at 10:30..
    my girlfriend at work ,I had lunch with her, we sat in her room and she closed her door, and we had a nice chat..she is an avid gardener and she and her husband are going to Italy for 2 weeks and I will be watering her flowers... she is paying me 150.00 to do that.. told her I dont really want to take money but she wants to pay me so.. that will go in the Ipad till...
    I am excited to go strawberry picking tomorrow and then go to my friends house to make jam..we did this many years ago and it was yummy.. and will have some to give as gifts...
    I have to go with one of the quotes they use in AA. Let go let God.. it is all in his hands and I will take life one day at a time.. we are not promised tomorrow~ and the past is the past

Hello dear,

So happy to hear you are earning some $ on the side. I am a bit behind in reading posts (who isn't) and was wondering what the status is with your job. I do hope all is well.

Sondre, SF, PA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,968 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    253149qtzkf0ld22.gif This was a busy active day....walked the dogs for over two hours first thing in the morning...went to the intermediate line dance class where we learned a cute new dance to "Dear Future Husband" (when I downloaded the music from Amazon, Jake asked "Are you already looking for a replacement?") I ate my lunch on the way to fill in as a substitute teacher for a high beginner line dance class. When I got home Jake had fixed an awesome supper and the dogs wanted to go for another walk.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Barbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington
  • lonemaple
    lonemaple Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It's going to be another hot one.

After the inspectors left, I took him to get groceries. That's hard for him too. His car has a standard transmission and the A/C is broken. He has an oxygen bottle setup that he can carry with him, but it's not a perfect system. At the checkout the bottle went empty. He had brought a spare but when he put it on it didn't want to work, so it got a little scary for a few minutes till he got it working. Once we got back to the apartment, I left and went back to the studio to do some drafting, then took the kids to the pool for two hours. They had fun. The little guy is finally tall enough this year to go down the huge slide, so he was a happy camper. I have to say, I felt pretty good at the pool. Its amazing how much easier it is to function, and run after kids, at a lower weight.

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia,

I feel so bad for your son! Oh my word, how scary it must be not to be able to breathe. If you don't mind my asking, what type of illness does he have. God be with him.

I am very happy to hear that you were a regular woman (size wize) at the pool. I can't imagine how that would feel. I haven't felt comfortable in a swim suit in probably 15 years. Oh how wonderful it will be when I am comfortable enough to wear one again.

sondre, SF, PA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,648 Member
    Options
    :::: lifting my leg, marking my spot:::::
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    Made my day when I found my Dad's distinguished flying cross metal today. My sister who passed away had it. She told my brother she lost it. I believe she did this to protect it. If my oldest brother knew she had it he would have demanded to have it. Our family would have never seen it again because it would have gotten lost in his hoard. My plan is to see it is properly framed and displayed and then given to one of the great-grandsons when it is time.

My dad earned it in 1942 when his plane, he was the pilot, spotted where the Japanese were in the Pacific which was somehow involved in the Battle of Midway. The reason I am here today is they did not shoot him down because the weather was foggy that day and his plane hid in the clouds. It was a scout plane and had little to protect itself from attack.
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Good evening Ladies

Lesley...prayers for your daughter.

Sondra...I know what you mean about wanting to do exercise with a purpose. Besides walking the dog, perhaps you can take a walk to a store, post office or somewhere that you would normally drive. I have "learned" to do pure exercise. I put my elliptical in front of the tv and watch shows on netflix that I love and only allow myself to watch them while I'm on the elliptical. This has been working for me because I am doing doing something that I enjoy while sweating.

Margaret...thanks for the stories, I really enjoyed them.

I truely admire those of you who respond to everyone.
    Congrats to those of you who have lost, Yippee, pat your selves on your thinner backs.
    Hugs to those who are struggling.

Peanut butter fudge, YUM, those were the good old days for me. Maybe I'll make some, have a piece and give the rest away. Now that's a great idea for Christmas gifts. Thanks for the recipe.

I've been doing pretty well lately. I think I've hit upon the formula that works for me. The challenge is how to socialize sensibly because I realize I can't go back to my old ways. The next few days will be busy, tomorrow night I'm going to an author talk (that reminds me, good luck with your's Lisa), Friday night I'm going out to dinner with friends (already checked the menu online) and then to see Bette Midler, Saturday I'm going to see a dear friend who moved about an hour away and will probably spend the night and Sunday I'm going to take my step-grandaughter on a swim play date at a friend's home. That's why I love summer! So many options and things to do and this year the focus will not be on food!

Gotta get some beauty sleep.
    Chris in MA

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,373 Member
    Options
    Did 1-1/4 hr of Jeanette Jenkins Blast the Belly Fat DVD. Tomorrow's plan is to do two of Jari Love's Hard Core DVD's (each is 30 minutes I believe)

Forgot to mention that I vacuumed the spa yesterday. Not so much because it needed it, but more because we got a new vacuum and we wanted to see how it worked. It's more powerful and covers a larger area. One of the wheels on the robotic cleaner broke off the other day, we ordered a new one but in the meantime we may need to use this to even "spot clean" the pool.

Carey - so sad about the officer. Yea for the blood tests!

MNMargaret
    - afterwards I was thinking that Alfred Dunner clothes are sometimes very nice looking.

Lesley -
    keeping you and your daughter in my thoughts

Kim
    - talk about off meals. Sometimes I'll have soup or chicken for breakfast Usually things that I need to finish up

Lisa
    - love the WWP/PD. Glad you had such a lovely time with your friend. Best of luck on your book signing

Had the general meeting for the Newcomers then went in the pool. I only go in for a little over an hour. Enough time in this sun. After dinner Vince wants to go to Home Depot and then we'll stop at PetSmart.

Jules
    - I am of the opinion that it's probably nothing real serious with Vince. If he doesn't feel good, the world comes to a halt. Not me.....

Sylvia - how wonderful of you to do so much for your son

drkatiebug - I had some Alfred Dunner clothes, you can tell just by looking at them that they're his style. I donated all of them!

tere - the only kind of rice that I like is brown rice. Unfortunately, most Chinese restaurants don't serve brown rice, so I always order my meals without the rice

Chris - what great accomplishments you've made

ydaily - now get going on those medical issues! Congrats on the weight loss

Sharon - welcome! Great goal! Yes, it is more difficult to lose weight after 50, especially keeping it off. But it CAN be done, just takes more self-work. There's a sign at the Y (now I hope I remember it) that is above the scale. It says something like "remember, the scale only tells you the gravitational pull of your body, it doesn't measure -- things about how wonderful a person you are.

jane - hope you feel better

Lenora - you name the store, and I can tell you where the bathroom is! You're not crazy at all -- I can't stand an unmade bed either

Sue in TX - you must sweat a lot playing golf in that heat

Poop - you know something? You're not the first person who wants to move in with us....lol I've even been asked if we'd consider adopting! But we do have 4 bedrooms so you're more than welcome to visit. Do you tan at a tanning salon? You sound busy enough to me. I hate when the eye MD dilates my eyes. Sometimes they have the reversing drops, sometimes they don't. But when they do, I always take them. It only takes about an hour and my eyes are back to normal. Floyd looks so handsome -- is he neutered? you crack me up: "lifting my leg marking my spot"

Meg - I haven't walked backwards on a treadmill in a long while. Thanks for reminding me. I know that I usually need to go slower.

DeeDee - sometimes you need to change up your calories. that could very well explain why after a day of eating everything in sight, you were down a pound. Your body didn't know what was going on. Have you been bossing those guys?

Maragaret - I made a display case of my father's medals. I cherish it to this day.

Chris in MA - boy, do you sound like you're going to be busy in the next few days. Enjoy!

They were repaving the parking lot at ceramics tonight so didn't go. Boo....Wednesdays are the night when I usually stay longer. Oh well.....

Michele in NC
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Meg, we are happy to see you when you can make it. Trust me I know how hard it is to keep up and I’m not working and home most of the time.smiley-rolleyes003.gif We know you care so don’t beat yourself up about it and just pop in when you can. (((Hugs)))

Fiona, welcome. This is a very supportive group of ladies, so come often and post when you feel like it.

TNToni, glad all that sticking and cracking helped you feel better. (chiropractor and acupuncturist) I'm happy for you that you got out of the school system in time.

Mary Ann, Welcome to you, too. Congrats on your weight loss and best of luck on this journey.

Lenora, MFP adds your exercise calories to your total. So you are right. Since I don’t eat back my exercise calories, I don’t put it in until I have finished my diary for the day. It just makes it easier for me.

Cpike, welcome. This is a great place for support. We are happy to have you. Please sign each post with a name you want to be called. It just makes it easier to respond.

Mary Ann, I knew some about Plantar Fasciitis but as I often do, I looked it up online. I don’t know why I was surprised to see that one cause can be obesity. If we ever question why we are on this journey all it would take is a list of the many health issues that are related to obesity and we should never look back. I’m sure that none of you ever stopped along the way to your highest weight and thought to yourself, “Oh boy, with a few more pounds I can become a diabetic”, or “wow, only another 10 pounds and maybe I’ll cause myself a heart attack”. Ladies, now that we know what we know, I for one don’t ever plan to let myself get in that condition again. We can do this!!!

Toni, bless your heart! I hope the AC fix is easy and inexpensive. Home maintenance always brings those surprises when we least want or need them. Oh yea, we never want or need them do we?? DUH. Any hoo, I hope you don’t have to get a new unit. I think the couch sounds like a sleeping plan. Hang in there my friend.

Becca, “type slowly so you can get it”?? ROFLMAO Thanks for the chuckle. Hell, as slow as I read, I assure you I type slow, but I can’t help you with posting a picture.

Lesley, sending prayers for your daughter. (((Hugs))) for you.

Lillian, isn’t it great that there are so man things in the healthcare community that can help us with so many problems, as long as we can keep shelling out money. Eeeeeeekkkkkkkkk is right.

Joyce, I have to ask: “So I had a coupon for a free concrete mixer.´ What is a concrete mixer?? Didn’t know you could eat them??

Rosie, congrats to your Grad. Enjoy your company while they are there.

Penny, at least I see that you don’t spend a lot of time gardening. Yes, my allergies probably wouldn’t bother me too much there. The only problem is: “I don’t like cold weather”!!!!

Dr.Katie, I somewhat did the same thing with cleaning and now DH does it. Wow, did that work out well? That was so sweet about the sympathy card from the vet’s office.

Lisa, I hope your “Meet the Author” event is a huge success.

Mary, glad you got your new street rider. I’d love to see a picture of it.

Jules, that office mate of yours would drive me crazy. Sometimes the harder ya try to ignore it, the worse it becomes. I hand it to you for being able to work through that.

Lillian, glad all that hard work is paying off. I’m sure you not only look better, but feel better too. Good for you.

Sylvia, you are such a wonderful Mom and Grandmother. I know your son can’t do much but he is certainly lucky to have you, and so are his kids. Isn’t it just wonderful to go to a pool and not be nearly the largest one there? That’s how I felt at the beach the other day.

DrKatie, I have a friend that loves Bonworth. I decided the reason she likes it so much is because they run large, so she can buy a smaller size. I don’t care for their styles or fabric either.

Tere, my solution to rice is to let DH cook it. That way I never get blamed for bad rice. Hee hee I grew up eating meat and potatoes and he grew up eating meat and rice.

Carey, I heard one doctor say when at a plateau it’s worth a try to go for two days with almost no carbs. As little as possible. Then go back to balanced diet. He said that often gives the body a kick start.

Katla, I’m with you on buying American. I won’t get started either but when I can it is American made for sure.

Chris, you had a vision of janetr’s weight just rolling down a hill. I had an image of it just rolling down her body to the floor, like rolls of dough. Lol Aren’t we the visual ones. ROF

Sharon in IL, welcome to our group of lovely ladies. This is a very supportive group so you have come to the right place. Please tell us a bit more about yourself so we can get to know you. Also, please sign each post with the name you want us to call you and a general location. Come often.

Mia, you are so right about cleaning house. Every little bit helps.

Terri, maybe you need to turn your camera sideways?

Nanalleen, emoticon-object-021.gif don’t you dare eat something that will make you feel worse! Glad you laughed, but for future pity parties, just do it up right. Really get in there and lament about all the bad, sad, awful things that have come your way in your life. Have a good cry if needed. Really, really feel sorry for yourself…….and then get over it and move on with your day. Just a little pity party does no good at all, ya gotta do it up right. Hey, we all need one at one time or another.

Beth, something is wrong with your phone. The pictures in question are sideways. LOL Isn’t that weird??

Poop, would you stop loafing and do something, for pip’s sake! You’ll be too tired for sex or ice cream. LOL

Janetr, just for the record, I have not had a gastric bypass. Somewhere there was a misunderstanding, but no harm. My weight is still going down, just ever, so s l o w l y.

Tipper, welcome. Please tell us a little about yourself and sign your posts with a name you want us to call you. Also a general location is always nice. As far as your weight loss, this is just my opinion but most people really lose fast when they first start. My question to you would be, are you weighing and measuring your food? Do you get your calories from MFP or the product itself? It sounds like with all that exercise that you aren’t used to and only 1200 calories, you should have the fat “rolling off of you”. Also are you drinking lots of water. I certainly wish you luck. Come often and keep us posted.

Sylvia, I’m sure you have figured it out on your own, but my DMIL always said, “Don’t try to put an adult’s mind in a child’s body”. Sorry he was so persistent. I loved the jokes. That preacher was really smart. LOL

Barbie, Jake is so funny. I hope you told him you wouldn’t trade him for anything.

Welcome to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I had a good day today. I woke up at 6:00, about an hour earlier than normal. Gave myself a haircut and went to meet friend for lunch. Then had dentist appointment and now have clean teeth. Have spent, I don’t know how many hours today reading all the posts but finally caught up. Tomorrow, want to crock some chicken. If anyone has a good recipe, I’m all for hearing about it. Oh yes, I bought a pedometer yesterday, just because. I’m not nor never will be a real walker, but thought it might be interesting to see how many steps I do in a day and the calories I burn. So far, I can’t seem to get it programed. Should have time to spend with it tomorrow and if I can’t figure it out, I’ll just return it. It’s been a long day so I’m off to bed.

I hope you all have a wonderful, restful night and a terrific day tomorrow. <3

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Holy cannoli! Nine new pages!

Michele in NC: Thanks! I'm lucky and persistent - started out as a typewriter attachment and worked my way up.
    Wherever and whatever your paper is, you can be sure that fewer writers, editors and photographers are being asked to do more and more. And that more and more are young and inexperienced, because they can be paid less. It's hard.
    And I think those turtle-shell sections are called "scutes" because they reminded someone of shields. (consulting Mr. Google) For some scuty fun facts, http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Turtles-Tortoises/Turtle-Care/Reptile-Shell-Markings/
    I wasn't paying much attention to house prices when I lived in NoVa, but the whole area was fairly expensive. And everything's pricier now.

Mia - waytodeplateau! I've been sorta plateaued, but dropped 1.5 in last 2 days. Now I just hope they stay off.

yanniejannie - scary race accidents.

Carey - a light-bulb heated oven? Like those mini-ovens for kids? I have a combo convection/wave, but it's too big to consider really portable. (Remember luggable computers?)

Joyce - when my younger nephew (then about 6, now in the Army) saw Jurassic Park, he burst into tears at the end. Asked what was wrong, he wailed, "The tranny was left all alone!"
    Sounds as if your daughter will need heavy-duty pads for a while. Is she a park ranger, working in a cave?

Lisa - by the time you read this, the reading will be done. I'll have my fingers crossed for you, but I'm sure you won't need it. You'll do fine. Or will have done fine by the time you see this. :)

Janetr - it's never too late to learn to swim, said the former lifeguard. Once you learn, you may find that you enjoy the water. (Possibly the best thing I've done in my life is teach a kid who was terrified of the water how to swim. By the summer's end, he'd passed my test for using the deep end.)

Grandmallie - good idea for the father-in-law's wish for work.

Tere - that's so cool, that our guy wants to do the routine with you and be with you through this project.

Mia in MI - cool about the pants size. As the weight watchers leader liked to say, the scale isn't the only sign of success or the best one.
    And what a cool blue cockatoo! (though maybe it's another bird - i think cockatoos are white.) I love it.

Katla - very cool, your husband choosing the gym first thing!

Sylvia - love the T-shirt.

Heather - very cool about Montpelier!

Chris in MA - I tried jogging, too. Surprised myself by doing that. Managed a whole 90 seconds at a time during the weekend and 2 minutes today. I have to figure this only means I can improve. <wry smyle>

Some of the basic emoticons are available via the original "drawings" -- try a colon and a close parenthesis for a smile, and
    a semicolon and close parens for a wink.

Sondre - the view isn't bad. :) Yup, everything has ups and downs. But for the most part, I couldn't think of anything I'd rather do than talk to people and tell their stories.
    My favorite subjects to cover are science and medicine, critters and weird stuff.
    I've been writing professionally since the summer of '76. I started with the AP as a typewriter attachment (title: news dictationist) in '74, the summer I graduated from Indiana (I had to finish a paper about a psych experiment at home in the summer because I just hadn't been able to finish it at school).

Jane, so sorry about the spasms and pain.
    <<careful hugs>>

Renny- thanks for the explanation about mindful meditation.

MNMargret - I guess the staff don't have any explanation about why your mom's clothes keep disappearing? Nice that you have the pix to talk about.

only into page 22 and missed a lot but it's bedtime for Bonzo.

Today's little victory: I was 1200 steps shy of 10k. So when Larry picked me up for the drive home, I had him drop me off in a shopping center that turned out to be 1700 steps from home, though i coulda taken a shorter route.

JanetM

• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    SSC1958 wrote: »
    Good morning:

I had some wonderful results at the cardiac rehab final visit yesterday. They were estatic at how good my blood test results were. All of my levels were where they wanted them and were better than good. My HDL had increased to 1.49 and it only needs to be greater than 1.1, it had only been .88 at the previous visit. I was able to walk 440 metres more than I could in the last visit..showing that my fitness level has increased substantially.

I did get to talk to the Dietician (my weight is bascially the same as it was in Nov). She looked at my test results, my food and exercise diary and didn't have any suggestions for how I can start to lose weight. Basically I am doing all the right things! She kept asking me if I would be happy to know that I am healthy and do I really need the scale to show it. Short answer YES... I need some weight to come off. My knees cannot handle the weight I'm currently at. I can't accept that a BMI of 34.1 is healthy!

She mentioned that when at a plateau sometimes it helps to decrease calories or to increase them. I'm at 1200 calories now and she doesn't really recommend that I go under that although she suggested that I could either go up or down 200 calories for a couple of days to see if that would shake things up.

She is going to think about it and talk to some specialists at the obesity clinic. She'll call me back on Friday.

Having lunch with a friend today..so I'll pick myself up and concentrate on the wonderful blood test results.

Thought for the day: Life is too short to spend in negativity. So I have made a conscious effort to not be where I don't want to be. - Hugh Dillon

June Goals:

1. Do menu planning for June (in progress...3 weeks almost complete)
    2. Eat 3 meals a day
    3. Log all meals
    4. Plan and Do one fun thing each week
    (W1: Hot stone massage and weekend of Tai Chi with friend...Oops that's 2 things...oh darn
    W2: Lunch with a friend, going away party for co-worker... 2 more...yay!)
    5. Ride stationary bike 3 times a week for 30 minutes.

Carey-Edmonton

It takes time Carey. I was at a plateau for almost a year, I ate all the right things. I drink 8 to 12 - 8 oz glasses of water....But I have to get my exercise...I have had over 100 miles every month for the last 8 months. And finally the scale is moving. Hang in there you must be doing something right to have wonderful blood tests. Do what you can for exercise.

Lillian
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I'm marking my spot. :flowerforyou:

Me tooo!!! :p
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

DeeDee: lol! We have to soak twice a day and he’s starting to show signs of bolting!

Against all odds (I have very difficult feet) I found shoes to go with the special-occasion dress. Woo-hoo!

Going to work now. Prepare for tiredness.

Hope we all have a good day.

Cynthia :flowerforyou:

54053224.png

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Rosie, have fun with the family and congrats to the graduate.

Penny, that ocean, or what ever body of water that is, looks so divine. Have fun.

Allison, have fun picking berries and making jam,Laugh and make memories to carry you through the bad times. Love you <3

Kim Nega, how sweet for your vets office to do that for you. Ours gave me a bill when they put down our dog many years ago.

Elana, Sorry about your Mom. She sounded like she was very thoughtful and a loving person. My Mom tried to distribute all her belongings while she was alive. She wanted to see us enjoying the family items.

Jules, I was also part of the wound care team. I think there were 4 of us. Units would call us and expect us to do the would care. Instead we assessed, wrote up a care plan and then would reassess. The same with colostomies. You have to learn how to empty a colostomy bag yourself, not call some one else to do it. That teaches the patient that some one else has to do that job, not themselves. While I was working cardia, we would frequently have to work one of the ICUs if anyone called in. We had our fill of trachs there! On our medical surgical unit when I first started working we had a young lady who actualy had full blown polio. She was kept alive by the shear determination of her Mom and an iron lung. Since we were the hospital they always went to, we kept one also. Very interesting.

Sylvia, what are your sons kids ages? They can do some chores. It would make their Dad very proud. I gave my girls a percentage of my overtime pay each pay check. They had to work out a budget to include tithe, savings and spending money. They had their own checking account and had to balance the check book. If the money wasn't there for bowling they couldn't go.

I do pizza about every 2 to 3 weeks. Now my husband would do it every other day, with steak on the off days. I love rice. When I was a kid at home, it was a breakfast entree. You put butter, milk and sugar in it just like oatmeal.

Corey, congrats on a good cardiac rehab report. What are you taking it for?

Sharon 6248, welcome. I am just next door in Indiana.

Margaret turk, Thanks for the laugh. I am having a good day! My brother made a very nice shadow box of all my Dad's medals for WW2.

Becca, does your TOPS group give the biggest loser a prize due to pounds lost or % lost? It could make a big difference.

Janet, Myrtle Beach, Do you have a Culver's there? It's a fast food place, mainly burgers but they do have other things also. Last night I had a yummy salad. A concrete mixer is equivalent to a Dairy queen blizzard only they use frozen yogurt instead of ice cream. I sometimes wonder if Dairy Queen uses ice milk or ice cream. The mixers are a choice of many things like brownie bites, M% M's cashews, Snickers, etc. You get your choice of 2.

Janet M, my daughter works in an office that scans and stores digitally and physically any kind of data you want stored. Like they have the entire UK library scanned. One day she took all day to scan in these little slides of skin cells from a dermatologist office. They also store other things because it is such a temperature and humidity controlled environment. They store cars, boats, RVs or wine. They broke a bottle of wine moving in this huge shipment and the room is very thick so it smells good in there. It's just that the office is inside a cave.

I had plantar fasciitis once. The foot doctor taped it and had me do those exercises and then fitted me for an orthotic. I have never suffered a single pain since I got the orthotic. Alfred Dunner, oh Alfred. My mom got so excited when she saw any of his clothes at a thrift store. I did not like them. To old! My store is Christopher Banks. I would never want an open floor plan home. My kitchen is to messy! Wonder what I would look like if I colored my hair like Pip's Floyd??? Do blondes have more fun????

Did a stupid thing today. My husband is very particular about how the cars are parked in a parking lot. He looks at the cars parked next to our car, are they expensive cars, are they junk? So I like to park next to a curb so I am only parking next to on car and far to the left in that space. Well tonight I wan't parked straight or close to the curb so I was backing up to park better. In order to see well, I left the door open. You shouldn't do that!! My open door ran into the light post. Now I have an outward dent on the drivers door. Also sometimes you can't open it now and have to open the passenger seat and crawl over to get in the drivers seat. at first Charlie was mad but the I reminded him that we do stupid things like when you change the oil in the car and have the car on ramps but leave the car out of gear and the drivers door open. The car slips off the ramps, goes down the driveway, hits the mailbox and takes the drivers door OFF! So he isn't mad at me but is just glad it was on our old car instead of the newer Escape.

I'm tired, Good night, Joyce, Indiana

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,766 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    slept well last night and got up at 2:40 this morning, thats right.. you read that right.. have a load of laundry in, having a cup of tea..
    Work is going ok.. at my age and the DH retiring in 3-4 years I dont want to have to look for another job I would lose my whopping 2 week vacation..
    it is supposed to be roasty toasty here today so glad we are picking berries early.. I have 12 8 oz jars that I will use for jam, wondering how much I have to pick..
    Homer going to groomers today..
    Pip~ you are a hoot.. love your attitude~ Love ya lots..
    Love all of you, and I hope you know that..
    I did get my hair cut yesterday.. it is short, but I love it.. it is cut like Jaime Lee Curtis
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hi. I like a few other people am having a hard time keeping up with posts. I skipped to page 27.

Sharon - We can do this together.

Carol in NC - Leaving a pair of walking shoes at work sounds like a great idea. 12 - 13 hrs is too long at work. Boo !

Pip - I got tired just reading glasses your list. Whoa ! Energy plus. Floyd looks fantastic as does Bullwinkle.

tipper65 - 6 lbs in 40 days. I would take that.

Having a hard time keeping up. I 'my also having a hard time keeping awake /keeping asleep. Hard to explain how it can be both but it is.
    It's been a busy week so far and looks to continue that way. Lost a whopping 1/2 lb in the last 2 wks. Really would like to be under the 200. I spent most of my life hovering around the 100 - 110 mark.
    Dad's have dance recital. They are so cute I their costumes. Can't wait to watch them. Oh ,ggggrrrr, the auto correct is driving me crazy.
    Work is crazy , home is crazy , life is crazy.
    Trying to find balance.

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,312 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Ladies, I'm BAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK,!

Didn't post yesterday as I was soooooo tired, but I did log, as I felt I should, as I told the slackers off recently! :laugh:

Sylvia - I still find it hard to understand why the authorities aren't providing some cleaning services for your son. It amazes me. The kids can do more. All too many children end up as full time carers, which no one wants, but it shows that they can do a lot. A schedule of chores, even for the six year old, with withdrawal of treats if they shirk, would be one way of doing it. They could all help colour in a big poster of tasks and pin it up. Some of it could be made fun with stickers etc. I was ABSOLUTELY no use at any of this with my kids, :embarassed: and had to go for family counselling our homelife was so chaotic, but having seen my DDIL in operation I have learnt so much that I wish I'd known. With regard to the popcorn incident, she would have removed him from the bowling until he stopped whining. She would have checked if he was genuinely hungry and offered him something like an apple if he was. If he carried on whining and wasn't hungry she would not have taken him next time. Her children, my DGC, are not angels, but they are a lot better brought up than my children were. :laugh: She uses the sticker and reward system a lot and always sticks to her word. No empty threats. You can tell I'm in awe of her!

For those with PLANTAR FASCITIS - there are lots of exercises on the internet, some f which I do daily while I'm wstching the TV. I will also do that alphabet one - thanks! I always wear an orthotic. I have also discovered these amazing things that are basicslly small pads of rubber on wide black elastic that you pull over your foot and you can wear in any shoe, including slippers and sandals. Changed my life! ! ! ! Available from Amazon by Pro 11.
    I walked for over 2 hours in London yesterday, up and down the South Bank, talking to my cancer friends. No problems with my feet. I skipped up and down the very steep stairs to the footbridge. My friends were out of breath. My DH who came up with me to have lunch with his daughter said it was amazing as I used to have to haul myself up slowly by the handrail.! ! ! It's when you do ordinary, everyday things like that, like Sylvia at the swimming pool, that you realise how much this journey is worth it. I had no idea that I could ever feel this way again.
    My total calorie burn for the day, including my machine exercises of 500, was 957! ! ! Nearly equalling Pip! ! ! :laugh:
    For lunch I had, snails on toast, followed by a grilled marrow bone. :laugh: with parsley salad. Yes, you read that right. Later I had Asian soup with prawns and left nearly all the coconut broth. I got home at 8.45 and had some Roquefort and Manchega cheeses and fell asleep on the sofa. First night I've slept properly in ages!

My French trip is finalised though we have to sort out how to pay online because of the reduced rent. Will book flights today. The rental is being valued on Monday. Still haven't got the paperwork about the cruise, but that's good becsuse we've got to make a decision about what insurance to buy.

Alison - insurance companies always "try it on" with renewals. My DH rings them up and chews their ear off, telling them what he thinks of them and they back off and give a MUCH lower quote.

Love to all. DH is cooking tonight so I'm going to make him cakes today. He is gradually upping his exercises and is up to 380 cals. Soon be back to normal. In every way. :laugh: (he had a hernia op )

Heather in warm and sunny Hampshire UK

27681614.png
  • Gramzies1234
    Gramzies1234 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    New to this discussion and not sure yet how this works. Be patient with me. lol I'm from the flatlands of central Illinois, 63 years old, single, with 57 lbs to lose. Lost 30 lbs in the past year with clean eating and some exercising. Mostly clean eating as I can't get motivated to exercise. Seems like I read somewhere here that this discussion can be accessed thru Facebook. If so, would you please share how to do that? Thank you.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    slept well last night and got up at 2:40 this morning, thats right.. you read that right.. have a load of laundry in, having a cup of tea..
    Work is going ok.. at my age and the DH retiring in 3-4 years I dont want to have to look for another job I would lose my whopping 2 week vacation..
    it is supposed to be roasty toasty here today so glad we are picking berries early.. I have 12 8 oz jars that I will use for jam, wondering how much I have to pick..
    Homer going to groomers today..
    Pip~ you are a hoot.. love your attitude~ Love ya lots..
    Love all of you, and I hope you know that..
    I did get my hair cut yesterday.. it is short, but I love it.. it is cut like Jaime Lee Curtis

I use to wear my hair short . . . Like the lady (Dame Something-or-the-other) ...[lady on the recent James Bond movies] ... and loved it except that there was only one way to wear it and having to go in every 5 weeks to get it cut. Wouldn't you know that by the 5th week it had grown out so much I couldn't do anything with it. So while I was on 4 6-month driving restrictions (I have a seizure disorder) I let it just grow out. I just recently had a perm put in it and I am loving how I can wear it in different styles. I've been able to put it up as well. DH and DSs don't want me to cut it off any more. It is about shoulder length and most of the time, I just wash and let it dry on its own.
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I have had to reread the last 4 pages here. Evidently, I missed a whole page along the way.

Sylvia, so sorry to hear how your son is suffering. If the youngest child is 6 all three should be able to help keep things neat. A few weeks ago we bought the two grands a toy at Walmart and I told them they could not open the toys until they cleaned up the messes they had made. Was amazed at how quickly a 3 and 5 yr old could pick up. Must admit that in a while everything was a mess again. LOL

Joyce, I can just imagine you hitting that pole with your car door. And, I can imagine how chagrined you must have felt. When my DH and I were dating, it was the last day on campus and he somehow hit the side of my car when there wasn’t another car in sight.

Michelle, your pool looks lovely. Does it require a lot of upkeep?

Barbie, a DH that cooks. How wonderful for you.

Poopy Pip, your dogs are handsome (or should I say lovely?).

Carol - Peach
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    @jnkmom - I can't stand it when people just ride willy nilly in a parking lot and never look! Or they park as if they have backed into a slot and don't understand why they do not have the right-of-way when they come down the aisle the wrong way. I usually park out in the parking lot so I get the walking in to the store and back and sometimes get under the shade of a tree. Then it seems like someone else gets the idea and they come park beside me. I hate getting my doors dinged by other cars. I think they ought to make parking spaces a little wider.