WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2015

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    morning again,
    went out to see DFIL, he didnt want any GD breakfast, lol so I put out his clothes, and gave them his candy for pills
    we found a sealtest milk crate, and got some rinsed out gallon milk jugs, so whn he wants to go to work, they can give him that, and he can put the milk in the crate, he did that for 50 yrs in the refrigerators and freezers, so that might help him..
    then stopped to see DB and DSIL and from there went to get blood work done, then home and made Toms lunch and dinner.
    gonna stop at family dollar and pick up a case of canning jars for the jam :) I get to get together with a friend and do something fun.. whoo hoo
    going into work today at 12:30 -hopefully I dont get an earful from Diane, the other one is off today for her cousins funeral..
    will get the resume updated if need be,
    dont really want to go out looking for another job as we will be moving in another 3-4 yrs
  • grandmallie
    Options
    morning again,
    went out to see DFIL, he didnt want any GD breakfast, lol so I put out his clothes, and gave them his candy for pills
    we found a sealtest milk crate, and got some rinsed out gallon milk jugs, so whn he wants to go to work, they can give him that, and he can put the milk in the crate, he did that for 50 yrs in the refrigerators and freezers, so that might help him..
    then stopped to see DB and DSIL and from there went to get blood work done, then home and made Toms lunch and dinner.
    gonna stop at family dollar and pick up a case of canning jars for the jam :) I get to get together with a friend and do something fun.. whoo hoo
    going into work today at 12:30 -hopefully I dont get an earful from Diane, the other one is off today for her cousins funeral..
    dont really want to go out looking for another job as we will be moving in another 3-4 yrs
  • grandmallie
    Options
    morning again,
  • grandmallie
    Options
    sorry double post my bad lol
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Not doing well with posting this morning!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,713 Member
    Options
    morning peepsters and welcome new peep-c's -

it was BEAUTIFUL today.. by the time we started riding (left the house at 4:40am) it was starting to get light out already. first morning that I wore bike shorts only... nice ride. I rode in today and probably will for the rest of the week because it's so nice out. I probably will ride home too depending on what's going on. I've already burned 800 cal. and I got more to go. :0). may be a 1k day every day this week!!

OH, cleaning my lens this morning and one cracked!! (wear hard not soft, not eligible for soft) so I am with one lens on. thank goodness my strong eye is the one that I have in. so now I gotta rush and get it replaced b4 vegas.

jmkmomm- hahaha.. no, that's ice that melted

lagopus - glad to hear your run went well

barbiecat - yesterday, we got home around noonish from the ocean. would have been good to meet.. maybe someday.

lhannon - keep it up, you'll get there!!

• terewilliams
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Hope all of you had a great weekend!

Yesterday was my first session with the trainer! One full hour of torture All said and done I came home soaking wet and immediately took an Aleve. I still had to walk Storm before going to church. I really enjoyed the workout and we didn't do anything I can't do at home. I have just a little tightening in my core center. The SO is looking forward to this evening when I am going to show him the routine I did. He is going to do it too with me. He is dedicated to being with me through it and doing everything I do.

She did give me a "nutrition plan" that seems to be a planned disaster so I don't plan to follow it. There is no way I could be happy with a meal consisting of 3 oz of chicken and a cup of spinach. So I’ll still be following and logging on MFP! I walked Storm this morning and was not in any pain. I have just a little tightening in my core center.

Suebdew in TX: I would just love to get out and play golf at least get to the driving range. Hope you had a great game. We have lived next to a golf course for the last three years and have never set foot on it. My clubs are collecting dust in the closet

Sylvia: I am glad you are feeling better.

Allison: I am sorry about your day at work. I hope you find something that will make you feel good about going. Glad DH didn’t yell but I hope he starts to talking to you again. The nice thing about the SO is that I have had an opportunity to “train” him although he does slip from time to time. I haven’t made the mistakes I made when I was in my 20’s with the first husband. 55 is not old enough to keep you from getting another job. A lot of places look for the wealth of knowledge and maturity 50+ employees bring to the workplace.

JanetMMcC: No ham biscuits planned for the near future. Perhaps ONE next month although I think I’m over them until sometime next year.

Tere in Richmond Va

• kim1546
    kim1546 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I would love to be added to this nice group of ladies over 50. Thanks for the support and encouragement. I started tracking today since school is out. I am hoping to get 20 pounds off, again. Oh, how does this happen so quickly! Ugh....
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    LisaH I am a visual person too and LOVE the graphic! Did you make it yourself? If so what did you use to do so....looks like you've had wonderful success. I keep seeing reference to your book. Share the title again for those of us that didn't see it the first time??
    Cheri in Fairlawn, Ohio
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    kim1546 wrote: »
    Hi there, I would love to be added to this nice group of ladies over 50. Thanks for the support and encouragement. I started tracking today since school is out. I am hoping to get 20 pounds off, again. Oh, how does this happen so quickly! Ugh....
    Jump right in @kim1546 ! This is a very supportive group of women.
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, y'all! I blew off the weekend, broke my streak, and ate too much but on the other hand we got to spend some time with friends and even more time relaxing. My sweetie and I haven't had much relax-time lately so it was awfully nice.
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Had an interesting experience this past Sat. First, to set the background...

I have trouble seeing that I am smaller than when I started this weight loss journey. Mainly it is because I see myself in the mirror everyday and thus, I can't see how much I have lost unless I look at pictures becuse to my eyes I am stying the same. Also, I have a tendency to be hard on myself and I look at how much further I need to go, not at how far I have come. Yes, it is a normal human behavior. Imagine that!

I met friends for lunch on Sat. One friend looks like a perfectly normal size to me. If she asks me to see her with critical eyes I might conceed that she could afford to lose about 10lbs. They haven't seen me for a month and asked for a progress report. Sara said that we now wear the same size pants except her are a tiny big snug while mine are a tiny bit loose. It was a real eye opener as I think of myself as being ever so much larger than her. Wow!

Mia in MI
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

Mary, glad you are keeping your sense of humor while packing up your life. I think I needed some purple shoelaces once, but it was back in high school.

Joyce, don’t you just hate it when those alarm clocks turn themselves off and reset for later. It’s funny how that works. Yikes for your DD. Get her a supply of piddle pads. Okay, I’ll bite: Why does she work in a cave? Is she a “bat keeper”? I’ll try to get you a picture of the beach.

Heather, terrific news on the apartment! Lady, you live a charmed life. All that good that you do has come to pay you back. Yes, it never hurts to ask.

Penny, interesting info on the water there. Have a wonderful time at your vacation home. How far away is it?

Allison, you are wise to take it a day at a time. I’m sure some days are better than others, but you are such a kind and giving person that you deserve a lot of the better ones.

Barbie, I never thought that I would be a person that thought of things other than food. Yesterday at the beach, DH said something about a dish one of the restaurants prepares; I don’t even remember how the conversation went, but my reply was, “I don’t really think that much about food any more”. Before this journey, food was one of the main topics occupying my brain. I love it!!! Life after food, how wonderful.

Joan, we would let you join even though you aren’t 50 yet, but unfortunately you have to be at least 50 pounds overweight to qualify. Just Kidding!!! We are very happy to have you, no matter how young or skinny you are. If you are interested in health and fitness you will fit right in. Come often and chat when you feel like it. Also, I see you have a dog, so you are definitely in the right place. Please tell us a bit more about yourself: what part of the world are you from? Husband? Kids? Grandkids? Etc. Welcome

Lenora, if you have a bookmark, when you click on “community”, look near the upper right hand corner. You will see a gray Bell, Star and Gear. That is where you click on the star and should see any bookmarked rooms. You don’t have to search at all once it is bookmarked.

Carol, how nice of you to take in another boy. I would hate for him to spend the weekend in his truck. You are a good person.

Tere, glad you had a good start with trainer. How many calories are in the “nutrition plan” that she gave you? That meal didn’t sound so bad if you were eating at least every 4 hours. How nice that our SO will be with you on this journey. It can make it so much easier. Good for you on not planning another ham biscuit for a while, but how nice to know you can work it into your intake when you want to. Keep up the good work.

Mia, how nice for you to see what progress you have made. Hope that gives you the incentive to keep it up.

Welcome to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Just for a smile:

We all get heavier as we get older because there’s a lot more information in our heads.
    So I’m not fat, I’m just really intelligent and my head couldn’t hold any more
    So it started filling up the rest of me!
    That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!
    Garfield

Maxine said,” Totaled up my summer vacation budget and I’ll be going to a movie.”

Please have a good day my friends.

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: The wooden bike is a piece of art! I find it absolutely beautiful. I echo Lisa’s thought about your generous heart. :heart:

Newbies: Welcome to a great group. Post often and let us get to know you. :flowerforyou:

Margaret: I am happy your driving skills are top of the line. What a trip for encountering bad drivers! I hope you’ve had your quota for a long while. Stay alert because we all know there are more bad drivers out there. :grumble: :flowerforyou:

Angie in OH: Your starting goals are well chosen. Welcome to a great group. :flowerforyou:

Michele: I only buy fresh sweet corn these days for corn on the cob. I have canned corn to cook with. I’ve discovered I don’t like frozen corn, much to my surprise. I thought freezing would be a good means of preservation but I was mistaken. I don’t like what freezing does to the texture. Your memory of Vince lifting Jessica at Kay Bee made me smile. :happy:

Mia in MI: Congratulations on the 3 lb weight drop! WTG! :flowerforyou:

Heather: I’m pleased to hear that your mornings are exercise and writing time. It seems that writing is your calling, and a necessity for your happiness. Congratulations on getting the place you wanted in December at a reduced rate. You are right that it pays to ask. :bigsmile:

Penney: Thanks for the compliment on my ticker. I keep it up to remind myself that I can succeed at things I thought were impossible and also to remind myself not to return to bad habits. I’ve lost weight and regained it before and I don’t want to do it again. :noway:

Carey: I love your “thoughts for the day” and today’s quote about good friends helping you find your smile, hope and courage is so true. Thanks! :happy:

Kim1546: It sounds like you are a teacher. I gained weight every year I taught and took part of that weight off every summer. Gradually the weight crept up. I hope you will be able to do better than I did. I was not able to lose the weight & keep it off until after I retired. I didn’t know about this great site back then and it could have helped. :flowerforyou:

DH went out to the gym to do his exercises first thing this morning! This is momentous. He’s come along grudgingly when I go to the gym for a few weeks now and this is the first time he’s taken the initiative. YAY!!!! I’ll go in about half an hour. My yoga class doesn’t start until 10. I'm glad to get my exercise done early. NOAA predicts a high of 90 today. That is really unusual for June weather in Western Oregon.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

June Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    KMHilinski – 5 miles is a great walk… 1 do 3 everyday with my dog, Levi.

Janet MMcC – thanks… love fun new things….

Michele – I thought about your turtle, and was not keen on the red/white and blue with the orange and purple… but had no suggestions, until I read Mary’s post and her comment about beige, I wonder if tan/beige, and a light yellow light purple,,, so the color expands in brightness as you look down the turtle…

Joyce – I had one, – I had been menstruating for 7 months without a break so that stopped that and I had no problems… no drainage, no period ever again… best thing I ever did.

Joyce, Heather had a great idea – cook! I have a great recipe if you want it… it is time consuming but awesome!

Joanthemom, kim1546 – welcome

Ydailey – don’t fret about the weekend or the streak break, just get back to it, and all will be well. We all take planed or unplanned breaks occasionally.

Mia – you are in good company, most of us have trouble realizing how much different we look – except if we look at a picture…

Well, it is supposed to be over 100 degrees here today, last week it was in the 60’s this is weird weather! Levi and I got a late start so took a walk but not as long as usual, I had hoped to work in the yard today, but am going to work outside tomorrow (it’s supposed to be 80) and do a bunch of the “new” work today.

June goals:
    Walk every day 180 miles for the month (in May I did 175… thought maybe a higher goal would be good)
    NEW – 1 plank every day – and log them here - 6
    Log everyday
    Eat slower
    do 2 fun things every week - week 1 – no traditional fun – but working hard to get all embroidery jobs done, clean up clutter inside and out, so that my doggy sitter will not have that to deal with, and the house will look nice when I get home.

Kim from N. California
    58855297.png
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! It's supposed to be stormy today, but I just went for my walk and it was sunny and hot. Hah! What do they know. I parked my van on the street in front of my studio, left for my walk, and when I got back they had blocked off the street at both ends and are digging big holes in it. Don't know how I'm supposed to get out, but I'll worry about that later. I just hope they don't hit my new van by mistake. There are other cars parked out there too, so I don't know what's going on.

I thought of you cycling ladies yesterday. There was an accident in a little town just west of where we have our cabin, and a lady was killed on her bicycle. She was the chairof the art department at Washburn University and was doing some kind of time trials on her bike and was hit by a car who was passing another car. How sad. So, I hope you are all safe and sound today.

I'm determined not to clog up the thread by yammering on about nothing, so I'll save it for jokes. I hope you are all doing well today. My weight is not going anywhere, up or down. More than three weeks now. At least I'm maintaining.

Mia, I'd also like to hear about your glass studio!

Take care.

Sylvia
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    btrcz85g6fee.jpg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,713 Member
    Options
    btrcz85g6fee.jpg

lololol.... good one
  • terewilliams
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Janet: I am not a diet person. As soon as you say only eat this – I’m going for the bag of chips, cookies, etc. >:) Her plan does have 4 meals per day. I may talk myself into committing to it maybe Thursday and see if I can make it. I didn’t try to add the calories up. One day at a time for me and it!

Katla: The next thing you know the DH will be like the SO! He didn’t go to the gym Saturday, he had to be at work before it opened on Sunday and Monday. He was moaning and groaning because he had been to the gym in four days! OMG! I enjoy the gym but only plan on going 3 days each week. He may need to lose 15 pounds max if that many. :)

Allison: You are a wonderful woman. Through the last couple of years I have been inspired by all you do for others. In some instances many of my family members have benefited from me rendering services to them because of that inspiration. You deserve all good things. I am aligned with Poopy Pip’s chain of thought. However, I am a little vindictive and prefer not to talk and try to make people that should understand me understand. One of the first and last times the SO tried being a little controlling it included asking me to fix him a bowl of popcorn while he watched TV. I happily did so including melted butter and a liberal sprinkling of Cheyenne pepper. >:) I served it to him as he lay in the bed watching the television. Can you imagine my face when he brought the bowl down the hall and asked me to have some too? Nerves and tongue of steel! I ate a few handfuls, told him thanks and went back to what I was doing. He never asked me to make him popcorn again and understood that I was not around to be his cook, butler, and/or maid. So my wish for you is that you find your way to being the wonderful caring woman that God created without self-doubt and reaping all the benefits you deserve. <3

Poopy Pip: <3 You are continually wonderful! <3

Tere in Richmond VA
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday ! ! !

I would like to start out by apologizing to everyone whom I am unable to respond. I have been reading off and on all morning at work, and still have 2 pages to go, so I now need to post and get back to my work. But please know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary – Congrats on making the decision regarding the home.

JanetMmcC – Congrats on the early day exercise; that’s a lot of steps.

Sondre – Thanks for sharing that difficult story with the happy ending. Happy to hold the soapbox.

Cynthia – Have you checked youtube or any other exercise site for chair exercises? It may take work, but you should be able to find suggestions that work for your particular arthritits. My arthritis “moves”, so I have to switch up my exercise depending on which joints are not flaring at the time.

Lisa – congrats on all the NSV’s recently.

Lagopus – congrats on the ½ marathon. I’m proud and envious.

Becca – Hugs.

Pip – I will help. PM me your mailing address if you want. I'm all about "pay it forward".

Kim – I don’t know where he got the recipe from, but my ex once made fudge with velveeta, and once with coffee. The velveeta recipe was creamy but tasted “funny” to me. Coffee was amazing. I bet marshmallow and coconut would be good, too. Mmmmmm! Must think about something other than chocolate right now.

Saturday I convinced DH to walk 1/2 to get bike tires filled for DS. He starts daytime weights and basketball practice next week. It is only 2 miles to the school, so he will be home in time to get ready for baseball. DH has been talked into coaching the U14 All Star baseball team in our City, in hopes that we can send a team to the Little League World Series at the end of the summer. That means more empty house for me, which I am okay with at this time. Sometimes the weather is nice and I go along to watch the practices.

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee