Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I have to go get a cervical biopsy in a few minutes. I'm not looking forward to this.

Hope everything went well!!
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I have to go get a cervical biopsy in a few minutes. I'm not looking forward to this.

Hope everything went well!!

Wishing you the best. At least it's over now.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Well, I have a not-so-confessiony confession (that sounded weird.). I've mentioned here before that I was writing a book on an amateur writing website (Wattpad). Today, I finally finished the book! I just posted the final chapter like... Fifteen minutes ago.

My husband refused to read it until it was fully complete (he hates incomplete things, whether they're books or series) but he wanted to read it when it was done. So, he read it today, and I was really nervous because he's usually reeeeally picky about the books he reads. He said that he enjoyed it and the plot was really unique! (very rare praise from him) I'm SO GIDDY RIGHT NOW. :D

I also got tons of feedback on how unique and original the storyline is from almost every single commenter, so now I feel all warm and fuzzy and special. ;) Yay me!

Good stuff!! You should feel proud!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I guess this is my entertainment for the night - someone sending me harassing pm's yelling at me about a thread I didn't even post in LOL

Wow. The main forums have been downright brutal lately. I hope they leave you alone. Do you just ignore them?

Yep, though that seems to irritate them more
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I confess that I have been putting off telling you all this good news but...

My son was awarded a scholarship from our state due to his disability that covers the cost of his private school (tried a few public schools but our state is scraping bottom in public schools and it was a horrible experience) and tutoring and therapies. The fact that as a single mom just starting a career (2 years now) I am able to see him get all the support he needs to be his best person - this is awesome! This can only be used for very specifically approved things but saves me so much money that I would have found somehow but now can use for other necessities as well. This is such a relief and completely unexpected.

Then I just got an email from a club I belong to (because my son loves this particular hobby) where all the guys in the club are making him a project of this hobby to have ready for him when he gets home (awwwwwwwww). He has about 70 grandpa's who have taken him in to their hearts in this club that has to do with model trains. :smile:

My daughter is doing very well with her food and mood and I've actually seen her laugh a few times today (she's interning with me so we have lots of together time.) One of my favorite bands (Cake) is going to be in town when I'm out of town and she is planning to go to the concert with her friends (she looked so smug about it I had to laugh).

MY (can you tell I"m smitten) SO booked us our haunted hotel room in a ghost town for our Halloween plans and he has already ordered his Dread Pirate Roberts costume. I guess I'd best get working on that Princess Buttercup wedding dress...

Today is a good day.

So amazing!! Congrats!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I do not ever reveal my name online because it is ridiculously unique (I'm serious; I was named after my mom's best friend from high school) and I'm paranoid that someone who knows me will see it and know it's me.
    Oh god, the idea of someone I know in real life recognizing me online scares me. I think I'd deactivate and remake if that happened here. :s

I'd have to hide in a hole. Let's say I'm much more vocal online than in RL. I keep it low key on Facebook but still, I'm always 'liking' stuff, so I'm sure a lot of people are wondering who I am, really, because I just don't show that side of me to them (like the fact that I'm a huge Geek, for example).

My facebook is basically a giant soap box for me to sound off about things that piss me off, lol.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    It's my sister's 25th wedding anniversary on Friday. Any good gift ideas? I'm stumped. They recently got giant scary motorbikes, but I have no idea what would be a good biking present...
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    And for anyone wondering, Aunt Flo finally showed up this afternoon. I think hubby and I have agreed to at least wait until later this year to try for #2.

Apparently, if you need Aunt Flo to hurry up and arrive, practicing some "mattress gymnastics" (I ❤️ whomever came up with that phrase!) seems to do the trick. :laugh:

When my daughter was younger, she would say things like, "Oh, my period was late, I was starting to think I was carrying the baby Jesus".
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: I'm a bad friend. My best friend is moving into a new house in a couple weeks. She created an event thing on Facebook asking people to come help them move. I have no desire to help them. I hate moving myself, why would I want to move someone else? I'm also not overly fond of her family, or her husband and his family (who will be there). What makes me feel worse about my laziness is that she's 8 months pregnant and isn't able to do any of the moving/lifting. In my defense she will have (at least) her husband, 2 brothers-in-law, 1 sister-in- law (and her boyfriend), and most likely both sets of parents moving them. So... with 7-9 people helping, do I really need to be there? I feel terrible, but I still don't want to do it.

Sometimes I feel like an alien from outer space. I see you all describe situations like this and I'm left blinking and wondering if it is normal to expect other people to help you move. I'd probably be suckered into it just because I wouldn't know whether or not I was supposed to do it. I don't think you should do it just because you feel terrible though.

• Italian_Buju
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Well, here I am, as usual, just finishing catching up while most of you are in bed.....

I had a stressful day today with workish related things, and lot of strongly worded emails....

I just ate an entire box of Laura Secord milk chocolate real butter shortbread cookies while reading this thread.....

let's just say they did NOT fit into my calories....

Good night all, can't wait to post 400 posts in a row by myself again tomorrow night, lol.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I am totally judging on a female that keeps posting threads with fitness model pictures and says she wants to look like them, but she has 140 pounds to lose! I want to go tell her that she is setting herself up for failure. Baby steps, honey, baby steps!

But I don't think that would be well received.

I saw one of those. It seemed like a little too perfect set up for people to roll in and tell her how wrong she was. I suppose it might have been sincere, but I'm guessing POE.

What is POE?
    The natural evolution of Poe's Law:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

It starts with someone who is parodying the view they disagree with so well they sound like the real thing. A POE is someone who makes a fake acct/creates a fake persona for the sole purpose of play acting at the side they disagree with so that their normal identity has something to argue with. Basically, trolling for people with way too much free time on their hands.

A.K.A. A sock puppet!

P.S. I always wondered how people were accidentally flagged and didn't quite believe it was a thing, but I seriously almost just flagged your post.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I confess I am two days behind and am probably not going to go back and read all the posts I misses. I really don't have the time during the week to keep up :disappointed:

I really enjoyed the Dirty Dancing dinner theatre last night but the food was disappointing and I didn't eat most of it. It made me sad.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Due to circumstances, my grandma (mom's mom) has to move in with us for a few weeks...and I have to share my room. She's moving in on Friday. There goes my solitude and privacy.

The worst part is, I barely know her. I've seen her maybe a handful of times that I can remember in my life, most recently about two years ago. She is not a good "grandma." She has never been interested in knowing me or my siblings.

My own grandma is a stranger. This is gonna be awkward.

I also barely know my mom's siblings; three aunts and an uncle. They have never lived really close to me ever; those three aunts are in Florida and I'm in Ohio.

It's weird because I'm so close with my paternal grandparents and my aunts/uncles/cousins.

It's just weird how you can be close with one side of your family and the other is foreign; when I see my mom's family, it's like meeting them for the first time, every time.

I'm sorry about your grandma moving in :/ Maybe this could be an opportunity to get to know one another? Trying to be optimistic! Good luck!

And I'm in Ohio too!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Another slightly embarrassing confession:

If I have alcohol in my hand, I will spend no time at all drinking the whole thing. I don't do it on purpose, I guess I'm just a fast drinker! Everyone is always telling me to slow down, which is a little bit embarrassing :lol: I just poured myself champagne and drank the thing like I would a soft drink, forgetting it contained alcohol!! Guess practice makes perfect :/ I don't know how people drink so slowly.

... I will make myself sick one day.

It depends on the drink... I can nurse beer or ciders but a cocktail goes down in seconds! But I am a light weight. I had two mudslides last night and felt so ill after.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Whenever I email/text my gym partner, EVERY response I get from her starts with "haha". I'm all for throwing in a laugh here and there, but not every reply needs it. And it's always in the same place. :angry:

Trivial, I know.

No, I get this way with people and their "lol"..NOT NECESSARY AFTER EVERY SENTENCE! Phew, pardon the yelling but I had to get that one out. I don't think I've "lol'd" since I was 14.
    Whenever I email/text my gym partner, EVERY response I get from her starts with "haha". I'm all for throwing in a laugh here and there, but not every reply needs it. And it's always in the same place. :angry:

Trivial, I know.

I am guilty of overusing the 'LOL'. I don't know why I do it; it's like a compulsion.

I probably overuse "LOL" as well. But I try not to use it after each sentence, and will edit if I feel I've used it too many times. When she replies with her "haha" half the time it's not even because something was funny.

<--- guilty as well lol :joy:
  • skinnysani
    skinnysani Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Kelll12123 wrote: »
    I ate over half a carton of ice cream in one sitting last week

So did I.
  • Jesslan_Rose
    Jesslan_Rose Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    It's taken me a couple weeks to work up the courage to post this. I didn't want anyone to think I'm just being stupid...

From senior year in high school on I was morbidly obese. My highest weight hit at 400 lbs. Now that I've lost over 170 lbs I'm trying to be more self conscious about the way I walk. Like walking with my back straight, improving my posture, etc. Including trying to walk 'sexy' and make sure my butt doesn't jiggle.

I obviously can't tell if I'm actually walking sexy or walking like I have a stick up my butt, but hey I know my butts not jiggling. :blush:
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    It's taken me a couple weeks to work up the courage to post this. I didn't want anyone to think I'm just being stupid...

From senior year in high school on I was morbidly obese. My highest weight hit at 400 lbs. Now that I've lost over 170 lbs I'm trying to be more self conscious about the way I walk. Like walking with my back straight, improving my posture, etc. Including trying to walk 'sexy' and make sure my butt doesn't jiggle.

I obviously can't tell if I'm actually walking sexy or walking like I have a stick up my butt, but hey I know my butts not jiggling. :blush:

Use a mirror! Seriously, it took me forever to stop turning sideways to walk past things, and I thought I must look like a dying gazelle when I walked around. Watch yourself walk, you won't look as weird as you feel like you do.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Due to circumstances, my grandma (mom's mom) has to move in with us for a few weeks...and I have to share my room. She's moving in on Friday. There goes my solitude and privacy.

The worst part is, I barely know her. I've seen her maybe a handful of times that I can remember in my life, most recently about two years ago. She is not a good "grandma." She has never been interested in knowing me or my siblings.

My own grandma is a stranger. This is gonna be awkward.

I also barely know my mom's siblings; three aunts and an uncle. They have never lived really close to me ever; those three aunts are in Florida and I'm in Ohio.

It's weird because I'm so close with my paternal grandparents and my aunts/uncles/cousins.

It's just weird how you can be close with one side of your family and the other is foreign; when I see my mom's family, it's like meeting them for the first time, every time.

I'm sorry about your grandma moving in :/ Maybe this could be an opportunity to get to know one another? Trying to be optimistic! Good luck!

And I'm in Ohio too!

I'll just make the best of it. Yeah, I'm hoping to maybe get to know her. Thanks.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options

I don't think you're being stupid at all. As I've lost weight I've also found myself being more conscious of myself and taking better care of myself. I watch my posture (partly because it helps suck my stomach in), and I went to the doctor for a checkup for the first time in years. I also went to the dentist and am getting my teeth fixed. I think this is all just a part of learning to love myself, again. I hope you keep learning to love yourself more and more, as well.