Under 100 calorie breakfast ideas

Options

Replies

• Tshay5
    Tshay5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    http://www.slenderkitchen.com/quiche-cupcakes/

Two "cupcakes" for 80 calories, and they're make ahead friendly.

wow those looks delish!
  • Tshay5
    Tshay5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can try a bagel thin, they make "everything" flavored and they are 110 calories. They are good just plain or you can add some jam/cream cheese/PB
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options

Have you made these? I want to try them, but I find the recipe confusing. Do you use a mini muffin tin? If so, how do you have room for a whole slice of ham and the mixture to make up one muffin? After reading the comments and responses, it sounds like she uses a mini muffin tin because she said you can also use a standard 6 cup muffin tin to make larger servings but she uses a 12 cup muffin tin. Anyway, I'm not sure how that would work in mini muffin tins. The comments there are really old (from 2013) so I didn't figure I would get a response there, so I thought I'd ask you. Thanks. :)

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »

Have you made these? I want to try them, but I find the recipe confusing. Do you use a mini muffin tin? If so, how do you have room for a whole slice of ham and the mixture to make up one muffin? After reading the comments and responses, it sounds like she uses a mini muffin tin because she said you can also use a standard 6 cup muffin tin to make larger servings but she uses a 12 cup muffin tin. Anyway, I'm not sure how that would work in mini muffin tins. The comments there are really old (from 2013) so I didn't figure I would get a response there, so I thought I'd ask you. Thanks. :)

Yep, I've made them quite a few times. You use lean deli sliced ham and stick one into each muffin tin. It fits just fine, then you pour the mixture in and bake. It's a regular muffin size, not mini. I know I have two pans - one has 12 and the other 6, and a mini muffin pan typically has 24.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Are you actually hungry for breakfast when you eat it?
    Hahah not when I first get up but around 8-9am the hunger rolls in

Are you eating this 100 calorie breakfast immediately or when you are hungry? You don't have to eat immediately upon waking up to lose weight if that is what you are concerned about. You could wait until you are hungry and have something better for more calories.
  • reesiecups09
    reesiecups09 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I toast a whole wheat English muffin & put strawberry preserves on it, usually sugar free. Smuckers makes good sugar free preserves. So yummy & keeps me until lunch time. I usually leave for work at 7:45 and don't get lunch until about 12:30.
  • Naener
    Naener Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Can make protein shakes or something. Why are you limited to 100 cal though?
    I don't like wasting calories in the morning hahah

erm.... the morning is when you need the MOST calories to get you going and get you through the day so youre not making bad decisions later in the day when youre starving.
    setting yourself up for sadness doing that girl, you should really flip your mindset on what meal needs the most attention.
  • pixelatedsun
    pixelatedsun Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    100 calorie greek yogurt! Several brands have one, I like the Yoplait.
  • sixele96
    sixele96 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    yogurt?
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    reeserox wrote: »
    Something I did was bake egg muffins. I made 12 on Sunday and they lasted the week. You can use 1 part egg and 1 part egg white to keep the calories and the fat down. You can also add cheese and pepper or really whatever you want to add.

^this. SO easy to make them all before the week and portion them out into baggies to put in the fridge. I usually did 2 per bag and you just put them on a plate in the microwave for 45-60 seconds to heat. Really good with some browned breakfast sausage added if you don't mind the extra calories.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Naener wrote: »
    Can make protein shakes or something. Why are you limited to 100 cal though?
    I don't like wasting calories in the morning hahah

erm.... the morning is when you need the MOST calories to get you going and get you through the day so youre not making bad decisions later in the day when youre starving.
    setting yourself up for sadness doing that girl, you should really flip your mindset on what meal needs the most attention.

Not necessarily. Skipping breakfast is not detrimental to everyone. Some people may find that they aren't hungry first thing and saving calories for later in the day works better to keep them on track. Meal timing should be based on how well it works for you personally.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    If you aren't even hungry, don't bother eating. Pack up a reasonable breakfast to take to work, and enjoy it a few hours later, when you actually are hungry.
  • JuliannaEP
    JuliannaEP Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    pili90 wrote: »
    You could try to have a juice, yogurt, milk with chia seeds, they"grow" with water and you feel less hungry.... One tablespoon or two can duplicate overnight =) Look them up, they may get a bit pricey, but they are worth it and they last a lot...

^^^This is a great idea! The chia expands and is really filling! Easy to do a few days worth all at once. Soaking a tablespoon in a cup of almond (sub any other) milk (in a jar overnight) can be awesomely filling. Just shake, take off the lid and drink! Just watch what's actually in the milk you're drinking, if it's a non-dairy kind, because a lot of them can have crappy additives and extra sugar. You could also just use half cup juice and a half cup water.

I wouldn't worry about the cost, you can get a one pound bag for like $7. At 1T a pop, that's like 20 cents a day in chia. It'll last a while! :smiley:

• glimmersilver
    glimmersilver Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Suzieann, I hope you got good suggestions. But I think you should change your user name here. Makes it sound like your weight is the most important thing about you. And I'm totally sure that is NOT the case! You're here, for one thing - you are motivated to improve things in your life. And you are young and you have a great smile and a great grandmother who's on your side. (a grandmother who's great, that is - lol!)

How about a name that tells everyone what you like about yourself? And helps you see yourself that way, too.
  • eved305
    eved305 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks, banana, Apple, portioned out cereal, breakfast bars, egg, cottage cheese, Apple sauce, yogurt, laughing cow cheese and rice cake or a toast (take the wedges on the go lol)... Ok that's all I have for now.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    I suggest preparing your breakfast the night before to widen your options - then prep time isn't an issue.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

100 calories seems like a tiny tiny TINY breakfast. You might be better off eating later and having a larger one.

Calories you consume in the morning have all day to be burned off...compared to the ones you consume later in the day...so if I have a "big" meal, I'd rather it be my first meal instead of my last. Just sayin'....

• usmcmp
    edited June 2015
    Options

100 calories seems like a tiny tiny TINY breakfast. You might be better off eating later and having a larger one.

Calories you consume in the morning have all day to be burned off...compared to the ones you consume later in the day...so if I have a "big" meal, I'd rather it be my first meal instead of my last. Just sayin'....

You still burn calories when you sleep. Your body still digests food when you sleep. You could eat all your calories 5 minutes before falling asleep and as long as you are in a deficit you will lose weight.

It doesn't matter if your body is burning a recent meal or fat in any given moment. Overall calorie balance is what matters. Meal timing is purely personal preference.
  • kaylxn
    kaylxn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt using kashi go lean cereal as granola usually ends up being around 80-110 calories! it tastes awesome too and you can mix it up anytime with different flavors of yogurt and kashi! :)
  • GenniferPayneKindelberger473
    Options
    If you get up at 4:30 and don't eat until 8 or 9 you're body has already gone without food since the day before... No wonder 100 calories doesn't cut it. I think you might feel better if you eat more calories in the morning. You've already been up and running on empty for several hours... 100 calories would not satisfy anyone after that amount of time without eating. :)