What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Ryudori wrote: »
    I was with friends and jokingly flexed my biceps. My one friend grabbed my arm and said "wow, you have nicer arms than my boyfriend. "

I have also discovered that the little roll of fat by my armpit is not actually a roll of fat. There's muscle under there! Lol

Yay for arm definition! Similarly, my husband came home tonight while I was doing yoga. And he said "omg look at your arm muscles - you're hulking out on me!" (in a nice way). I'm totally not, but there is definitely some muscle there which you can see when I'm working hard! I was stoked, cos I've been trying really hard to tone my upper body with swimming and yoga so it must be working :) I have to balance out my runners legs somehow...
  • BritBoogaloo
    BritBoogaloo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh- today I stepped on the scale and I am no longer in the "obese" BMI category- just "overweight"! I know BMIs don't mean much, but this was a big goal of mine and I haven't been able to wipe the grin off my face all day!

Also someone approached me at work and asked me whether I have lost weight... Really happy with that because she noticed when she didn't know I was trying.

I'm just really so happy this all is working!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    kelseyg22 wrote: »
    looking for a swimsuit on amazon and realizing that if I was to order it, it would be a size SMALL!!!

Me too!

I attended an aquatic conference last month and had to buy a bunch of bathing suits. And I had a great time shopping for bathing suits for the first time in my life.
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the "30-day Plank Challenge" to strengthen my core (biggest weak spot!) and last night in kick boxing class, when working abs between series (pretending you are sitting in a lounge chair while sitting on the floor, your feet above ground), I was surprised how much easier it was to stay in that position for 30 secs!! I used to have to often grab my knees to keep my feet up so this is HUGE for me!! :p
  • lbreito78
    lbreito78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I finished my second half marathon and beat my goal time by 6 minutes!
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Ryudori wrote: »
    I was with friends and jokingly flexed my biceps. My one friend grabbed my arm and said "wow, you have nicer arms than my boyfriend. "

I have also discovered that the little roll of fat by my armpit is not actually a roll of fat. There's muscle under there! Lol

That's awesome! This made my day.
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    Oh my gosh- today I stepped on the scale and I am no longer in the "obese" BMI category- just "overweight"! I know BMIs don't mean much, but this was a big goal of mine and I haven't been able to wipe the grin off my face all day!

Also someone approached me at work and asked me whether I have lost weight... Really happy with that because she noticed when she didn't know I was trying.

I'm just really so happy this all is working!

Yay!
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    I will try to share without getting too graphic

I am down a considerable amount of weight but more importantly I have gone from size 60 pants to a size 50, still a way to go but I am pleased thus far.

A few weeks ago my wife was going to Walmart and I decided to tag along, I figured I would lap around the store a few times as I hadn't been out of the house in over a week due to some other complications.

One lap in and I had to call my wife on her cell phone to let her know that I was going to the car and she could meet me there at her convenience.

While I was doing my lap my underwear fell off, as in dropped down to my crotch area. Thank goodness it was long pants season!

I couldn't pull them up in the store as I did not want to make the famous email photo list of Walmart shoppers. I did go out to the car and make an adjustment...

Subsequent to this adventure, The Underwear Fairy brought me some brand new drawers!

I hope this isn't over sharing.

Lol. That's great.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of jeans a few weeks ago and although I could get them done up, they cut me in half and were way too tight around the thighs. Nine days after deciding to take the fat back off and seven days of being back on MFP and they are comfortable.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    A few recent NSVs:

Looked in the mirror while working out. Arm, shoulder, forearm, thigh and calf muscles show even when not flexed.

A certain someone likes to bring lots of treats home, like several candy bars at a time. I was cleaning out a cabinet, found a bag of M&Ms I'd forgotten, yes, forgotten, and opened it, only to spit it out because they were stale. Then yesterday, found more stale chocolates on top of the fridge. Chocolate wouldn't last a day in my house, now months have gone by!

I was/am craving Chinese food for lunch, and decided to compare numbers and then just decided to eat something else. I'll have Chinese food another day when I have more available calories.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I have 2 for today.
    1) If I am going to the store for a few light odds and ends, i will walk it, for the 1.5 mile round trip walk.

2) In the shower when soaping up my back, I can reach a higher % of it.
  • Dannypuck
    Dannypuck Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    After I took my shirt off, my wife (who's with my on this weight-loss journey) noticed that my belly is getting smaller.
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    A lady at the gym said I was awesome. That she sees me at the gym all the time and do I come every day? She would like to be me.
  • Rena1881
    Rena1881 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Won the office fitness challenge by losing 3.5 body fat percentage points in 8 weeks!
  • RedArmy1918
    RedArmy1918 Posts: 55 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    When I started in February (was at 262lbs) I couldn't sit down without unbuttoning my pants. Was considering shopping for size 42s.

Now that we're in June (I'm at 244.5lbs) I can sit comfortably with my size 40s and all my clothes fit well. NSV: all clothes fit and I need a new belt! The ones I have are too big.

Next goal: size 38 by end of summer!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I took part in a 5k and jogged the whole way. It was fun cause glow sticks. hehe
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Stranger walked up to me in gym this morning and said "Well done. I can see you've lost a lot of weight".
  • kir911
    kir911 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I can say i've logged my food and exercise consistently this whole week, and got a workout in every day! I finally feel like I am being consistent with both my food and exercise! To me that's huge!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I started drinking 16oz of water the first thing when I wake up in the morning after lapsing on this habit for a while and it sets me up to feel successful for the rest of the day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!